Richt to Miami.

In his defense? He was fired, he didn't leave uga because he wanted to.

I mean regarding negative recruiting. Pretty easy to pitch Miami's white sand over Athens' hipsters and mopeds.

I mean regarding negative recruiting. Pretty easy to pitch Miami's white sand over Athens' hipsters and mopeds.

But how do you pitch the fan and institutional support and facilities, or lack there of?

I think Richt will be successful at Miami, but I don't think we will be more successful than he was at Georgia. Recruiting is easier, but Miami has a whole slew of other issues that Georgia has been able to overcome.

But how do you pitch the fan and institutional support and facilities, or lack there of?

I think Richt will be successful at Miami, but I don't think we will be more successful than he was at Georgia. Recruiting is easier, but Miami has a whole slew of other issues that Georgia has been able to overcome.

Beautiful campus, beautiful women, beautiful weather, tons of south Florida activities.....Athens is a ööööhole by comparison

Beautiful campus, beautiful women, beautiful weather, tons of south Florida activities.....Athens is a ööööhole by comparison

A football stadium that is an hour away from campus, a lack of institutional support to upgrade the athletic facilities, an ailing NCAA sanction and scrutiny for the next 5 years, and a culture and history that directly conflicts with the mentality of the head coach.

Miami has always recruited top level talent for the very reasons you list. The problem is that talent has earned the school the moniker of "Thug U" because of their on and off the field antics. That deep seeded culture goes against everything Mark Richt stands for. One of two things are going to happen: either Richt will go back to his Bobby Bowde, "boys will be boys," mentality and Miami goes nowhere, or he tries to "fix" the culture problem - success to be determined.

Then there is the issue of the schedule. Outside of Florida, who did Richt every play that could challenge him in the SEC East? Mark Richt had the advantage of Tennessee being down for a decade. The whole thing was very, very top heavy, and he still managed to get owned by South Carolina. That is going to change in a Coastal with much more equality between teams. The teams in this division are going to run very different offense and defensive pictures than he is used to seeing, and the difference between teams is much closer than the SEC. In the Coastal, at Miami, Richt is an 8 win coach - tops.

Richt will have the ability to pull players from across the country to Miami better than any coach they have ever had.

Richt will have the ability to pull players from across the country to Miami better than any coach they have ever had.

This, can you imagine the advantage of recruiting trips to Coral Gables and South Beach vs. Athens?

Miami has the second most players in the NFL already. How is Richt going to dramatically improve that?

Miami has the second most players in the NFL already. How is Richt going to dramatically improve that?

Get a better QB that what they have had. Perhaps go up to Pennsylvania and get one of those 6'5" Big Ben style QB's. Big cannon armed pocket thrower.

This, can you imagine the advantage of recruiting trips to Coral Gables and South Beach vs. Athens?

That and the big sell to mom and dad from Mississippi or Kansas or the kid from Washington that Richt will be his head coach taking care of junior and he will be at a nice private school near a beautiful beach/keys - just perfect for mom and dad to come down on gameday.

Better coaching, and before you say well yeah but Richt sux, stop and think who all they've had there the past ten years or so

Better coaching, and before you say well yeah but Richt sux, stop and think who all they've had there the past ten years or so

Miami hasn't had a good QB in forever.

And before someone chimes in, they can do better than what they have now. I realize he led the ACC in passing, but that was only because Williams barely played the second half in many games.

Get a better QB that what they have had. Perhaps go up to Pennsylvania and get one of those 6'5" Big Ben style QB's. Big cannon armed pocket thrower.

Getting a QB isn't dramatically improving recruiting. Miami's overall talent level isn't going to improve. They are already the second best in the nation. Miami sells itself, Richt won't make a difference.

Do you have anything of substance to provide?

I am going to go ahead and count all of the Richt quarterbacks in his 15 years at Georgia that have ever started in the NFL. Ready? 1.

I am going to go ahead and count all of the Richt quarterbacks in his 15 years at Georgia that have ever started in the NFL. Ready? 1.

So I am thinking you believe Butch Davis should have been hired? I don't get your point.

Back