Rick Neuheisel

GeoJacket

Varsity Lurker
From ESPN.com about an hour ago:

Georgia Tech is focusing in on three candidates: Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Rick Neuheisel, Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and one unidentified candidate. East Carolina head coach Skip Holtz, apparently, is no longer under consideration.

Didn't seem like Skip Holtz was every a legit candidate.

The third would be Randy Edsall...

I'd pass

he is not southern, nor has he coached or recruited in the south--He is a west coast guy that wouldnt fit in at GT

He is the Kumbaya type and plays the guitar for his players

we need a hard-nosed coach, we dont have a bunch of PE majors at GT

RANDY RANDY RANDY

Not doubting Edsall's qualifications at all, but he wouldn't be as an exciting hire as Neuheisel would be imo, which is what DRad is looking for: a hire, which will energize the fanbase.

Offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens? Oh Hell No! Who the hell thinks of offense when they think of the Baltimore Ravens? Didn't we just go through several years of a Pro Football Offensive Coordinator? I'll pass on this guy.

I must admit that I like the idea of a cocky aggressive offensive coach who knows how to work the system. Keep Tenuta hopefully and it'd be a good get.

p.s. I have nothing against Edsall or the rest of the candidates, although I'm not sure I want a dog coaching football.

Did we not learn anything about hiring an NFL coach???????????
You can't compare CG and RN at all imo. History is 50/50 on NFL coaches. You have the Bill Callahans and the CGs, but you also have the Pete Carrolls. RN has had major success at two Div 1 FBS programs: UW and Colorado.

has DRad googled RN?

wow if he hires this guy then no doubt he is running this show by himself.

I cannot believe the admins would let this guy come to GT with his rep.

...I cannot believe the admins would let this guy come to GT with his rep.

Seems like a tough sell on The Hill.

I'm not sure his rep is as bad as everyone is making it out to be but it does seem like controversy follows him.

I'm starting to get intrigued by RN. He's definitely a winner. He's fiery and energetic and he obviously knows how to coach.

"The Spurrier of the West"

I still like Hatcher but it doesn't seem to be happening.

has DRad googled RN?

wow if he hires this guy then no doubt he is running this show by himself.

I cannot believe the admins would let this guy come to GT with his rep.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I agree with law_bee.

Both Colorado and Washington were national powerhouse programs that were not long off of winning National Championships when RN took them over and he ran both programs into the ground. Neither program has been able to recover since. On top of that he super shady and it goes way beyond filling out some NCAA tournament brackets. Frankly, I am shocked that RN is interested in GT other than being desperate to get any HC job. The guy does not share our values and must not be fully informed as to what the job requires or he would not be interested.

I would rather have Gailey back than RN.

Guys, please email Drad about Randy. He is our MAN!

John I respect you but, I think Neuheisal would be a homerun....

It would put us on the map nationally. It would help us recruit nationally too, he is known nationally and would energize this program like no candidate mentioned to date.

and leave for a bigger job in 3 years, probably back to his west coast roots

You guys might want to do a little research before trashing RN... he's coached in the NFL for less than 2 years after more than a decade in college. Hardly an "NFL Guy" like CCG. He has the mentality and fire of a college coach... why do you think he wants back in?

btw. law bee and others... D-Rad has not googled RN, he's done actual research by looking into the substance (or lack thereof) of the reputation that has followed RN since he left U-Dub. I'm sure he'll continue to talk to people that know RN to see what kind of person he is and if he's learned from those events.

The gambling thing was a joke and the "bumping" at Colo. was blown way out of proportion... Gary Barnett (who paid the price for RN's mistake) said so himself.

If this gives us the chance to retain Giff and CJT I'm 100% on board....

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I agree with law_bee.

Both Colorado and Washington were national powerhouse programs that were not long off of winning National Championships when RN took them over and he ran both programs into the ground. Neither program has been able to recover since. On top of that he super shady and it goes way beyond filling out some NCAA tournament brackets. Frankly, I am shocked that RN is interested in GT other than being desperate to get any HC job. The guy does not share our values and must not be fully informed as to what the job requires or he would not be interested.

I would rather have Gailey back than RN.
From the statistics it doesn't seem he ran either one into the ground.

Maybe he's interested since we have made an impression on the Ravens with our former players Dawan Landry and PJ Daniels? Just a thought.

I really don't think DRad would consider him for the job if he is as bad as you and law_bee are suggesting he is.

Back