Rick Neuheisel

I don't claim to know much about him, but on Wikipedia his record got generally worse every year with his teams. Is he really that good of a coach, or is he like Larry Coker with Miami?

Colorado forfeited an entire season under his watch.

That's enough for me to say no thanks.

I don't know how tough Colorado is as an academic institution, but keeping players elligible and not playing inelligible players is a much bigger concern at GT given our academic issues.

His reputation as "un-disciplined" and having finesse teams that were less physical worries me. THis is all per wikipedia, so I'm guessing its at least half true.

I'll defer to Rad's judgement if he goes with Rick.

But will be doing some major head-scratching all the while.

Neuheisel's name was thrown out there yesterday afternoon during the Buck and Kincade show by none other than Jim Donnan, IIRC. Heard it with my own ears.

Neuheisel's name was thrown out there yesterday afternoon during the Buck and Kincade show by none other than Jim Donnan, IIRC. Heard it with my own ears.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! Listening to a DOG on the radio?? Didn't you know that Buck is a damdog???

Don't you be doin' that crap no mo' !!! You'll have to surrender yore GT card!

I was listening too and I do not think it was Donnan, but a writer from the Sporting News, but could be wrong on that.

I don't claim to know much about him, but on Wikipedia his record got generally worse every year with his teams. Is he really that good of a coach, or is he like Larry Coker with Miami?

Weis blames Willingham for his Notre Dame record. Willingham blames Neuheisel for his Washington record. I don't guess anybody can be blamed for anything, can they. Except, of course, Gore can blame President Bush solely for Global Warming

I keep hearing people talk about RN not being able to recruit here in the south. Who in the heck knew who Chan Gailey was below the age of 27? I had never even heard of the guy. As far as recruiting goes, I dont think a 19 year old is gonna give a crap if their future coach is from the south or not.

The kid might not care, but Momma and Daddy might. You have a blue chip son. Bobby Bowden, Mark Richt, Phil Fulmer, Bob Stoops and Rick Neuheisel have come to Cairo to see him play. Take it from there.

The kid might not care, but Momma and Daddy might. You have a blue chip son. Bobby Bowden, Mark Richt, Phil Fulmer, Bob Stoops and Rick Neuheisel have come to Cairo to see him play. Take it from there.

Thats a good point, but I dont think any of our other candidates rank up there with those names.

Hey, if it's Neuheisel maybe he can headline a basketball pool in the spring on his blog or something.

Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned doing a thorough background check to insure he's cleaned up. I hope we have found somebody a little more thorough to do that sort of thing than whoever we used to check O'Leary's resume.

After Neuheisel has beaten Bowden and Richt in the regular season, and Stoops or Fulmer in a major bowl...with Giff or Collins at his side singing our praises? Where else would Momma and Daddy want their blue chip son to go? Take it from there.

You can't compare CG and RN at all imo. History is 50/50 on NFL coaches. You have the Bill Callahans and the CGs, but you also have the Pete Carrolls. RN has had major success at two Div 1 FBS programs: UW and Colorado.

Friedgen was NFL before coming back to Tech and then MD. He's OK.

The only reason RN is in the NFL is because he has unofficially banished. He is definitely a college guy.
Multiple NCAA violations and sueing your last employer tend to have that effect.

"Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned doing a thorough background check to insure he's cleaned up. I hope we have found somebody a little more thorough to do that sort of thing than whoever we used to check O'Leary's resume."
-----------------------

Touchdown Jesus didn't do such a good job either ... pre-hire

Back