Rules Changes by NCAA oversight committee.

57d080131700002430c7842e.gif

Sure we are, because you and Rainbow can't back your coach or the system.

Well, then you're surely making sound assessments of these complex issues.

There's no data to suggest our recruiting staff is at a size disadvantage compared to other schools. I was just trying to be polite. Am tired of these ridiculous excuses.

YAWN is right.

Off-Field/Recruiting Staff:
GT 5
Miami 5 (We almost always lose to them)
VPI 5 (and them)
Duke 4 (3 of last 4 games were blowout losses)

SEC
Florida 5
LSU 2
UT 1

B!G
OSU 3

Ummm...so what's the point about the size of our Recruiting staff again? If OSU recruits that well with 3 and LSU does with 2, perhaps we should fire some people?

Nice cherries you got there, pick 'em yourself?

Nice cherries you got there, pick 'em yourself?

LOL - you provided the link! And those were just the easily-picked cherries. That Tree Link you provided is full of cherries - It's a goddamned orchard!

Alabama - 7
Vandy - 7 !

Jokes aside, With the exception of a few schools, we're generally in line with everyone else when it comes to Recruiting Staff Size. The idea that we're understaffed is a laughable myth.

It must be something else. I wonder what it could be?

LOL - you provided the link! And those were just the easily-picked cherries. That Tree Link you provided is full of cherries - It's a goddamned orchard!

Alabama - 7
Vandy - 7 !

Jokes aside, With the exception of a few schools, we're generally in line with everyone else when it comes to Recruiting Staff Size. The idea that we're understaffed is a laughable myth.

It must be something else. I wonder what it could be?

So you feel that 7 has no advantage over five and that being behind Vandy is ok.

Word.

By the way, what offense scheme did Dodd run?

In the fifties he ran the T formation, keeping left and right halfbacks in the backfield, with some motion. The two ends could remain tight or split. Around ‘60 they were still in the T, I believe. On his show he would talk about running the belly series.

By the time of his retirement he was running a Power I. Ran a nice fullback trap and used the tailback a lot. Ran the option with King and Good at QB from the I. Wingback could line up in backfield next to fullback, off the backside of the tight end, in the slot or wide. Most passes were play action or rollouts.

both of whom have bigger recruiting staffs than any other school in college football.

now who's cherry picking? :lol:

Recruiting-staff-size is just another excuse.

We play both of them every year...

Alabama, UF, OSU, not so much. If any teams recruiting staff size is important compared to ours, it's the guys we play.

If we're picking cherries, you and I, let's at least pick the ones that matter.

We play both of them every year...

Alabama, UF, OSU, not so much. If any teams recruiting staff size is important compared to ours, it's the guys we play.

If we're picking cherries, you and I, let's at least pick the ones that matter.

But we play Duke every year too, losing 3 of the last 4 (badly) to them and their staff size is smaller than ours.

Georgia and Clemson both lose people to Alabama's smaller-sized staff on an annual basis. Georgia routinely loses on the field to Florida though they've got 8 more people recruiting.

Recruiting staff size is just another excuse. Hill restrictions and the scheme combine to make it difficult for a 20-man staff to get 4* and up talent in here.

But we play Duke every year too, losing 3 of the last 4 (badly) to them and their staff size is smaller than ours.

Georgia and Clemson both lose people to Alabama's smaller-sized staff on an annual basis. Georgia routinely loses on the field to Florida though they've got 8 more people recruiting.

Recruiting staff size is just another excuse. Hill restrictions and the scheme combine to make it difficult for a 20-man staff to get 4* and up talent in here.

I will join in the cherry picking. We have 5 fewer staff members than any ACC school. Any way you slice it, we are near the bottom of Power 5 and below quite a lot of G5 schools, too. Our staff is half the size of Syracuse's.

Back