Rules Changes by NCAA oversight committee.

People seemed convinced that this rule is inevitably going to lead to a ban on cut blocks at the line of scrimmage in the near future. I have my doubts on that.

do you think that continuing to cut as often as we do is a good thing? Do you think our blocking is mostly solid without much reason to change anything?

do you think that continuing to cut as often as we do is a good thing? Do you think our blocking is mostly solid without much reason to change anything?

I think our blocking has clearly been suspect and inconsistent, but a missed assignment is a missed assignment whether you're going high or low. I don't think getting rid of cut blocking is going to be a magic solution to guys just not comprehending the system/blocking the right guy. I'd be happy to see a new coach on the OL, but that's clearly a non-starter, I guess. Mostly, I think the cut blocking issue is way overblown.

Ah, so it's OK for me to get insulted by low IQ garbage non-fans from other schools but how dare I respond back? you're not even part of the conversation. take a hike, internet tough guy.
It’s a block deployed by a lot of the team. So I’m assuming you were calling tech players pussies for using it and coach Johnson for implementing it. If it’s done by pussies and it’s too much then maybe the real pussies are the complaining players and coaches on the other team.

And this is an open forum, I’ll jump into whatever conversation I please. Good day sir.

Kickoffs already allow for a fair catch. The change here is that you can advance the ball after the fair catch.
Wut? The change allows you to signal fair catch and then advance the ball?

I don't understand why people think this particular type of injury is more deserving of rules-change amelioration than other types of injury. You can injure your ankle on pretty much every tackle.

Does some football non-profit have any kind of stats on which types of plays/actions resulted in injuries? Seems like QB's getting slammed from behind while standing in the pocket would lead the list. We outta ban passing to solve that problem.

I don't understand why people think this particular type of injury is more deserving of rules-change amelioration than other types of injury. You can injure your ankle on pretty much every tackle.

Does some football non-profit have any kind of stats on which types of plays/actions resulted in injuries? Seems like QB's getting slammed from behind while standing in the pocket would lead the list. We outta ban passing to solve that problem.

That rule wouldn't affect us!

yep - all the way out to the 25 yd line.
I thought it allowed you call a fair catch and snap the ball at the 25. Or do you get to call the fair catch, then run with it, and see how far you can get? Cuz that's insane.

I thought it allowed you call a fair catch and snap the ball at the 25. Or do you get to call the fair catch, then run with it, and see how far you can get? Cuz that's insane.

sorry - I mistyped. Your first sentence is my understanding: Fair catch and spot the ball at the 25.

Here's how easy it is to avoid the cut. this happens a ton to us.

It's interesting that some of you are so vociferously defending the Cut Block when we are sooooo bad at it. Our guys whiff all the damn time, resulting in a ton of backfield chaos due to whiffs and misses. Why so much hatred for standing up and blocking the DL/LBs??

I agree with you that we aren't very good at it alot of the time but that NFL block was one lazy and well-telegraphed "Colt" block.

I agree with you that we aren't very good at it alot of the time but that NFL block was one lazy and well-telegraphed "Colt" block.

no argument. just an example of how easy it is to avoid the cut.

we've been 'not very good at it' more often than 'good at it'. poor blocking and missed assignments are the 2 things I think we all agree on have always been problematic. Well, and bad defense. So, 3 things.

It’s a block deployed by a lot of the team. So I’m assuming you were calling tech players pussies for using it and coach Johnson for implementing it. If it’s done by pussies and it’s too much then maybe the real pussies are the complaining players and coaches on the other team.

And this is an open forum, I’ll jump into whatever conversation I please. Good day sir.

BigDanT, I don't know if you should call Rainbow a pussy although he is a gutless wonder.

*Does some football non-profit have any kind of stats on which types of plays/actions resulted in injuries? .

No one seems to know the answer to your question.

I think our blocking has clearly been suspect and inconsistent, but a missed assignment is a missed assignment whether you're going high or low. I don't think getting rid of cut blocking is going to be a magic solution to guys just not comprehending the system/blocking the right guy. I'd be happy to see a new coach on the OL, but that's clearly a non-starter, I guess. Mostly, I think the cut blocking issue is way overblown.

As far as Sewak goes:
He did a great job as OC under PJ at GSU.
He did a good job as HC for Southern the 4 years he was there. In the playoffs though Southern lost in the 1st round twice, lost in the semi once & one year we did not make the playoffs with a 7-4 record.

**If you players are missing assignments, not properly cut blocking or flopping around like fish then I have to think its a coaching error.

Ah, so it's OK for me to get insulted by low IQ garbage non-fans from other schools but how dare I respond back? you're not even part of the conversation. take a hike, internet tough guy.
Go öööö yourself douchebag, and yes, I am an internet tough guy

Back