Rules

WRECKED, TOTALLY NOTHING!!! READ COLE RUDOLPHS DEAL THERE IS A LINK. HE IS SAYING PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS I HAVE!!! FOOTBALL IS OVER AS WE HAVE KNOWN IT. MOORE ACCORDING TO CR IS A HUGE COG IN THE SYSTEM JUST AS I SUSPECTED!!! AND SHE SAYS IT CAN'T BE FIXED!!! WE ARE DOOMED!!! CAN'T BE SUGAR COATED!!! STA. EXP. WILL BE TOTAL disaster!!! AD. WILL GO BANKRUPT!!! NO MORE BOWLS!!!! FAN SUPPORT TO DWINDLE TO ONLY A FEW!!! FB TRYOUTS TO MAKE ROSTER!!!! CLUB LEVEL PROGRAM WITHIN $ YEARS. ITS ALL ON THE BOARD OF REGENTS!!!!

Don't let it be said you don't look for the positive
smile.gif
First, if Carole Moore truly feels that way about SA's and football in particular, than she will be shown the door, major donors will see to that. Second, the AA is not going to go bankrupt. We are in the conference that pays out the most per school in the country, so you can relax there. Now I do agree with your concerns about the level of our football program. I was one of the 20,000 in the stands for the early Curry years in the 80's. We were miserable and I truly believe that there are enough of us around that will not allow it to sink to that level again.

Originally posted by 71Bee:

If I am correct, other than for the $$$, why would we want to continue playing them?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It depends. What exactly is the purpose of having a football program at Tech in the first place? Maybe giving 80 kids a shot a world-class education (which they would not be able to do if it wasn't for their football talent) while playing against the top college athletes? If we are looking for a bunch of Tech athletes with dumbed down majors who can compete with premajor studies and such, I want no part of it.

And broadening the majors we offer will not solve much. If we broaden our majors and design them for the regular student (the ones with 1350 SAT scores), the football players are still going to have problems in them without some major support from the GTAA. But if you want them specifically designed for athletes, count me out.

Back