Rumor: Texas to offer $10 Million/year to Saban

We're in desperate need of a new thread on this site.

90553d1383824224t-google-nexus-8-tablet-1375203477690.png

IMO...

Mack Brown's retirement will be announced on Monday, Dec 16th.

Saban will be named Texas HC on Friday, Jan 3rd.

IMO, you will be wrong yet again.

3GT has a set of random planes flying between Tuscaloosa and Austin. You know, planes owned by a school booster who probably wants to keep Saban around but, by association of 3GT's logic, is flying Saban or his wife to Austin to talk with Texas and/or house hunt so they can leave Alabama.

What possible proof do you have that he could be wrong about anything, ever?

I don't know why folks think that the signal that a HC is changing jobs is the frantic seach for a house. I am sure Texas boosters could probably tell them "Don't worry about that stuff right now" and put them up in a 15,000 sq ft mansion while they calmly go about seaching for a house over the spring and summer.

3GT has a set of random planes flying between Tuscaloosa and Austin. You know, planes owned by a school booster who probably wants to keep Saban around but, by association of 3GT's logic, is flying Saban or his wife to Austin to talk with Texas and/or house hunt so they can leave Alabama.

What possible proof do you have that he could be wrong about anything, ever?

Uh, someone else posted the "planes" analysis from the tigerdroppings blog.

Ive been saying Saban will be 2014 HC at Texas since the start of the season.

I don't know why folks think that the signal that a HC is changing jobs is the frantic seach for a house. I am sure Texas boosters could probably tell them "Don't worry about that stuff right now" and put them up in a 15,000 sq ft mansion while they calmly go about seaching for a house over the spring and summer.

I completely agree on the house-hunting comments. However, you'll probably need to fly your wife and family there a few times to convince them that it's not a half-bad place to live (and Austin is actually a pretty awesome place, if you avoid the "I try too hard to be weird" crowd, but even they're amusing).

And there ya go

Matthew Brownfield@mbrownfield 6m
At #atx airport. Over intercom, just heard Nick Saban paged to meet his car at curb side check in. Hmmm...

Donny Ferguson@DonnyFerguson 8m
Hilarious. Someone (honestly not me) just had the Austin airport page "Nick Saban" to meet his driver out front.

Reed Mitteness@ReedMitteness 8m
The airport is calling for a "Nick Saban" right now..... Wondering if he's here to visit Texas? ��

haha people from shaggybevo starting to troll everyone

one of the members paged for nick saban to go to the arrivals level to meet his car.

i cant wait to see 3GT drink piss at the tailgate

or not have to suffer his idiocy on this board any longer.

i LOVE this Guaran-TEE

Saban deserves all the rumors and any associated hassle. It's what happens when you are a liar. I hope Alabama keeps him because I believe Alabama will cease to be dominant in coming years (not that they were ever truly dominant as a perennial >=1 loss team). Auburn defeating them this year was a watershed moment for college football.

If i learned anything, its that mack is flying all over heck recruiting. Way more than i would have expected. At texas, it is extremely likely that he would do a lot less of that.

Kelly Quinlan just posted it (about Mack Brown) so it must be true.

Back