Rumor: Texas to offer $10 Million/year to Saban

the shaggybevo is going pretty insane today. People looking at flightaware showing paul bryant jr's plane in austin, as well as rumors of terry saban buying a house in 3 separate locations in austin. good stuff

I hope he goes to texas. öööö bama.

Not sure how long it takes to buy a house but that rumor has been going around for 3 weeks now. Either it's totally bullshit or she is the most discriminating and picky house buyer one can imagine.

ron-paul.gif

Saban would regret leaving Bama for Texas. Do y'all remember how Alabama fans reacted the last time a mediocre coach left?? They were playing golf with 1000s of Dennis Franchione bobbleheads and sending death threats. It was surpassed only by when Kiffin left UT.

“They could hear the sound for blocks, the sound of Dennis Franchione being fed to the wood chipper. Nearly a thousand Alabama fans gathered in Tuscaloosa in December 2002 and spent a Friday afternoon throwing anything with Franchione’s name or face on it into a machine that turns timber into dust.
They called it therapy. Eight days earlier, Franchione had left Tuscaloosa on the Texas A&M jet and never looked back. The man who was called a coaching genius and a savior of programs had made promises. They had trusted him.
When the wood chipper was not violent enough, the group started a fire and fed it more Franchione memorabilia. Bobble-head dolls sizzled and popped. Photographs curled and turned black and disappeared into the glow. The crowd circled the fire, dancing and cheering.

“The guy was a liar and traitor,” remembers local columnist Paul Finebaum, who has covered sports in Alabama for 25 years…”
^^

Not sure how long it takes to buy a house but that rumor has been going around for 3 weeks now. Either it's totally bullshit or she is the most discriminating and picky house buyer one can imagine.

You're single, right?

Saban would regret leaving Bama for Texas. Do y'all remember how Alabama fans reacted the last time a mediocre coach left?? They were playing golf with 1000s of Dennis Franchione bobbleheads and sending death threats. It was surpassed only by when Kiffin left UT.

There's no way that Bama fans would turn on him. They would still revere him as long as he didn't go to another SEC school, and probably even then. The man won them three national titles.

from tigerdroppings:

Paul Bryant Jr's plane, N323P, departs Tuscaloosa 8:20AM CST, lands in Austin at 10:08AM CST. Could possibly be Terry on her way to her new home?

At 11:36AM CST Execjet flight EJA947 left Memphis, Sexton's home, and landed in Louisville at 1:18PM CST. Louisville is the closest major town to Elizabethtown, where Saban is rumored to be recruiting today. At 3:27PM EST, that the same plane left Louisville for Austin where it landed at 4:48PM CST. Maybe this was Sexton picking up Saban in Louisville and taking him to meet his wife in Austin?

Also this afternoon, Flexjet flight LXJ625 departed Tuscaloosa at 12:45PM CST and landed at 3:18PM EST in Opa Locka, FL. At 1:56PM EST XOJET flight XOJ792 left Teterboro, where the UT AD big wigs were, and landed at Opa Locka at4:23PM EST. Flexjet flight LXJ625, the flight that left Tuscaloosa earlier in the afternoon, is scheduled to depart Opa Locka at9:10PM EST and reutrn to Tuscaloosa at 9:41PM CST. I think there is something to this. Possibly UT people meeting with UA people about Saban's buyout, if he has one.

At 4:49PM CST N455QS left Austin for Rogers municipal in NW Arkansas where Saban was known to be on a recruiting visit. It landed at 5:38PM CST. It then departed Rogers at 8:38PM CST and landed in Austin at 10:01PM CST.

Shortly after N455QS landed in Austin Flexjet flight LXJ625 departed Opa Locka to return to Tuscaloosa where it landed at 11:29PM CST.

:ööööstir:

If I owned a private plane with crew I'd be sending it empty between Tuscaloosa and Austin just for lolz.

Maybe Alabama and Texas are combining into some sort of supreme evil force to rule over college football.

We don't send PJ around on a private jet do we? I'm imagining him on a Greyhound riding to Maine to visit a 2*.

Personally I think it is unethical to use a private jet to visit college football recruits. Bad for the environment.

PJ gets to fly private sometimes because we have a few alums who donate the use of their planes during recruiting times.

Back