Rumor

1669586053311.png

1669586087475.png

1669586117160.png
So is this supposed the only positive thing about this hire...... man what a weekend!!! Play close first half against scum... fall apart, Falcons falcon it up and then this

I’ll take a milk toast hire in Fritz so long as the assistant salary pool is substantially a record breaker for Tech. For the love of God, put our assistant pool in the Top 3 of the ACC at a minimum.
This all day long. Open up the war chest for top notch assistants.

Why again was there an issue with Chadwell bringing in the defensive staff over from Coastal? Seems like that’s something most any HC does when going to a new job.

Not particularly excited by this hire if it's true... but I'm also not going to spend his whole tenure being a miserable SOB about it.

Hopefully he has a plan in place for his assistants and recruiting staff. Being an older coach with no P5 experience, I'd think he'd want to add a good mix of young and veteran (at the P5 level) assistants.

Why again was there an issue with Chadwell bringing in the defensive staff over from Coastal? Seems like that’s something most any HC does when going to a new job.

I have no inside info, but just speculating, we probably wanted to ensure he would surround himself with a lot of guys with Power 5 coaching experience. That's unlikely to be the case if he's filling his staff with his CCU guys.

If you, as a head coach, can't look at your staff with an objective lens and see any position that needs an upgrade, perhaps you are lacking the judgment and maturity to win at the highest level.

I have no inside info, but just speculating, we probably wanted to ensure he would surround himself with a lot of guys with Power 5 coaching experience. That's unlikely to be the case if he's filling his staff with his CCU guys.
That’s a fair point of view. And fair for Chadwell to want full autonomy over his staff. He was my preference but if it’s not meant to be, so be it.

If it is Fritz, is Batt going to let him coach his team in any bowl game or get here now and begin to recruit!! Remember that was what Gailey did and got here after most of the recruiting was over!!

If it is Fritz, is Batt going to let him coach his team in any bowl game or get here now and begin to recruit!! Remember that was what Gailey did and got here after most of the recruiting was over!!

The is 0% chance that Any coach we hire is coaching in that teams bowl game (unless it's Key I guess). The coach may not even do a title game in less than a week (I think would apply to both Fritz and Chadwell?).

Not really. Fritz has had several winning seasons, multiple bowl wins, national title at Sam Houston. Lewis had one winning season in his entire coaching history. Fritz has a much longer and better resume.
National title at Sam Houston?

I aint for it if it's Fritz and this seems more like a young AD butting heads with AA and going I'll be damned I'll go with plan D before I give you your way with Plan B since you want to be pushy

If that’s remotely true, that Batt was a poor hire and he’ll be out the door with grandpa in a few seasons.

Back