Rumor

Based on what? He’d be in his first P5 head gig at 62. I don’t think that he is any more of a lock to stabilize than any of the other names.

Key actually brought stability this season if that’s what Batt is looking for.

Based on what he has done at every single stop he has been at.

His first job he took was at junior college that was 5–24–1 in its three previous seasons, and he went 39–5–1. Then he turned around an anonymous DII school and made them a consistent winner.

He took over a Sam Houston State team with a losing record and had them playing for two FCS national championships in his three years there. Led GSU to a 9-3 record in their first year as an FBS school.

Tulane has been his least successful, but also most challenging stop and he finally has them at 10-2 this year (not to mention his overall record there is the best since Tommy Bowden). There are definitely concerns about his age and ability to cope with NIL/Portal issues, but there's no disputing the guy is winner and a program-builder.

1669583859352.png
Just sayin…

I aint for it if it's Fritz and this seems more like a young AD butting heads with AA and going I'll be damned I'll go with plan D before I give you your way with Plan B since you want to be pushy....Stupid if so because I feel like we are gonna loss alot of kids and go backwards right away if you took Fritz over Key

Well one of Fritz daughters is an absolute smoke show. That’s about all I got regarding a potential hire.

Willie Fritz isn’t bad. Maybe he’s going to retain Key in some role and that’s part of the deal. Fritz comes in and Key learns the ropes from a REAL head coach.

I aint for it if it's Fritz and this seems more like a young AD butting heads with AA and going I'll be damned I'll go with plan D before I give you your way with Plan B since you want to be pushy....Stupid if so because I feel like we are gonna loss alot of kids and go backwards right away if you took Fritz over Key
If that's what it is, then I'll starting to like J Batt even more! Good for him! Finally!!

Tulane is historically AWFUL. 113th all time in winning %. Tommy Bowden parlayed his 12-0 season into Clemson job. Mack Brown went 21-23 and the UNC job in 1988.

Yesterday was their first win against a ranked team since 1984 (0-64).

Fritz led them to 3-straight 6+ win seasons for the 1st time in 70 years.

This is their 4th 10 win season ever.

The more I think about it I think I may be right. I doubt Fritz retains Long as OC. And Key has been an OC before…we’ll see I guess. Some kind of HC in waiting type thing…

The more I think about it I think I may be right. I doubt Fritz retains Long as OC. And Key has been an OC before…we’ll see I guess. Some kind of HC in waiting type thing…

Doubt it. Key was already Assistant Head Coach or whatever before Collins got canned. If he's being passed up, he's not in the future plans.

Back