Sad to say: Tech Football Is No Fun Anymore

moochie

Varsity Lurker
This is the first time in any season that Tech was heading into an off week and I didn't care. Watching this is not fun. It's sad, pitiful, hopeless and embarrassing. Of course, I'm 70. I don't have ten years for Collins to learn how to coach. I've been through this before. Curry was exasperating, but he was a Tech man, and he did seem more like a football coach than Collins. Bill Lewis was bad, but he was gone pretty quick. Ross's first two years were winless in the ACC, but his teams were always well coached. There was no question about whether he knew what he was doing. But Collins has not given me any reason to have any confidence. I can't wait for the off season. I think young fans should stick with this. Maybe Tech will be good again one day. I hope so. I thought the Notre Dame game was pretty good compared to others. But, when you lose 31-13 at home to a team that had the ball on your one yard line when the game ended, it's hard to get very enthusiastic. Nobody respects Tech football right now. It is very sad to me. Our coach and our AD seem totally clueless. I'm past worrying about it. I hope I live to see Tech be good again. But, I'll be surprised if I do. If you had been alive and seen Bobby Dodd coach, you would be very sad, too.
Nobody likes a whiny bitch. I’ll be with GT forever. That said, i’m less optimistic than you.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Yes, I always wondered why people thought Curry rebuilt our program. The 70's under Rodgers was on the verge, talented rosters, inconsistency, but never 1 win seasons. Curry rebuilt the program from his first 2 seasons, then laid an egg in Athens 31-24 in 1986.
I agree on Pepper. We moved the ball very well with the wishbone but struggled with turnovers and injuries. I have always wondered what would have happened if we had given him more time.

GT7378

Varsity Lurker
"Too much."

Now we get to find out exactly how many loses GT deserves given it's relative position as a football school to other football schools, and find out what "too much" actually means.

There is no objective reason why GT deserves to have a winning record in any given year ever. GT is a öööö school for football. Facilities are subpar, school is hard, fanbase is small, no journalism department, no crip majors, lackluster stadium, the girls aren't terribly cute, and the school itself is fundamentally unfun for everyone. There is zero reason why a future NFL player would come to play at GT over any other school in the ACC, much less the SEC or B1G or PAC. GT's problem with football is the school itself. The school itself, left to natural selection, is a 5 win maximum school. Any coach that exceeds 6 wins a year is overperforming. Even Chan Gailey overperformed, if only slightly. A coach who manages to land an ACC title game appearance at GT is so drastically overperforming that they should build a statue for him.

Everyone in the entire country realizes this. The only reason anyone wouldn't realize this is because of a tremendous fan bias. We had a guy who won a couple NASCAR races a year with a pickup truck, and ran him off because he didn't win enough races with the pickup truck. So now we all get to see exactly where the pickup truck deserves to place in the race.

Enjoy the ride.
You could head up the creative writing dept. , this makes sense.

Killick

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
I agree on Pepper. We moved the ball very well with the wishbone but struggled with turnovers and injuries. I have always wondered what would have happened if we had given him more time.
Peper was two plays away from taking four of five from uga. 76 and 78 still make me sick.

Buzz'n

Flats Noob
This is the first time in any season that Tech was heading into an off week and I didn't care. Watching this is not fun. It's sad, pitiful, hopeless and embarrassing. Of course, I'm 70. I don't have ten years for Collins to learn how to coach. I've been through this before. Curry was exasperating, but he was a Tech man, and he did seem more like a football coach than Collins. Bill Lewis was bad, but he was gone pretty quick. Ross's first two years were winless in the ACC, but his teams were always well coached. There was no question about whether he knew what he was doing. But Collins has not given me any reason to have any confidence. I can't wait for the off season. I think young fans should stick with this. Maybe Tech will be good again one day. I hope so. I thought the Notre Dame game was pretty good compared to others. But, when you lose 31-13 at home to a team that had the ball on your one yard line when the game ended, it's hard to get very enthusiastic. Nobody respects Tech football right now. It is very sad to me. Our coach and our AD seem totally clueless. I'm past worrying about it. I hope I live to see Tech be good again. But, I'll be surprised if I do. If you had been alive and seen Bobby Dodd coach, you would be very sad, too.
Sooner or later we all die....bye.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
Not really. Been on here for 10+ years. Mostly to read the bitching of people like you when Tech was competitive. Now that clowns like you got what you wanted I’m happy to stick your nose in it.
Oh look it's a "Paul got ran off" history revisionist. I guess you don't believe in rebuilds either. Since you've made up your mind about coach do you mind if I remind you to suck a big one when the program gets turned around. Fans like you are the worst. You put an individual before the institution and believe "the savior" was the only person who could possibly achieve at Tech. Ms. Piggy goes to space, you are a deplorable, gutless, yellow belly excuse for a fan. Go slob on Johnson's knob somewhere else and leave this program alone.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
Truth is, we'll never recruit like Clemson. Mostly what we are getting are still 3 star players with a few exceptions but have you noticed most of those we get from the portal are making little to no meaningful contribution? Four and five star recruits make little difference when you have a
1 Star head coach.
This post is simply wrong. Technically we may be recruiting 3 stars for the most part but they are higher rated and more highly sought after than CPJs recruits. Most of our transfers are young and just getting on the field. Your opinion just shows your impatience or lack of knowledge. While we may never recruit like Clemson is now we are definitely on a trajectory where we can expect to recruit better than we have in many years. Sustain that for 4-5 years and change the talent level of the roster and then we’ll see where it leads. Oh and Clemson may not recruit the way they are now long term either.

Last edited:

cbee

Flats Noob
This post is simply wrong. Technically we may be recruiting 3 stars for the most part but they are higher rated and more highly sought after than CPJs recruits. Most of our transfers are young and just getting on the field. Your opinion just shows your impatience or lack of knowledge. While we may never recruit like Clemson is now we are definitely on a trajectory where we can expect to recruit better than we have in many years. Sustain that for 4-5 years and change the talent level of the roster and then we’ll see where it leads. Oh and Clemson may not recruit the way they are now long term either.
You have your opinion but to say mine is simply wrong is well, simply wrong. You do not know what the future holds and neither do I but I predict that we will never recruit like Clemson. I think you make that case when you speak of transfers. Clemson builds from within and does not depend on transfers like we seem to be doing. And by the way, our transfers to date have made little impact on the quality of football played. Hopefully that will change but on that too, time will tell. Most of our recruits are 3 star. No changing that fact.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
You have your opinion but to say mine is simply wrong is well, simply wrong. You do not know what the future holds and neither do I but I predict that we will never recruit like Clemson. I think you make that case when you speak of transfers. Clemson builds from within and does not depend on transfers like we seem to be doing. And by the way, our transfers to date have made little impact on the quality of football played. Hopefully that will change but on that too, time will tell. Most of our recruits are 3 star. No changing that fact.
You argue that Clemson recruits better than us and then call out our use of the transfer portal. Of course they don’t need transfers! And of course we do because we aren’t at that level yet. You seem to deny any possibility that we can change our situation and begin to take advantage of what we have to offer. I don’t

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Oh look it's a "Paul got ran off" history revisionist. I guess you don't believe in rebuilds either. Since you've made up your mind about coach do you mind if I remind you to suck a big one when the program gets turned around. Fans like you are the worst. You put an individual before the institution and believe "the savior" was the only person who could possibly achieve at Tech. Ms. Piggy goes to space, you are a deplorable, gutless, yellow belly excuse for a fan. Go slob on Johnson's knob somewhere else and leave this program alone.
I think the Hive is a bit more your speed.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
well, this college football season is not really fun as a whole either.

It is for me - I also root for Arkansas. They have been more moribund than us. They will get drilled tonight most likely but outside of getting robbed at Auburn they have beaten everybody they have played that isn't in the top 10. öööö maybe they will beat one of those in the next couple of years.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
I think the Hive is a bit more your speed.
Oh yeah? What about the hive would I like more? Enlighten me please. Were you once a member of the hive?
We could take all your posts from here and make a big hive of butt hurt / loving. Although I'm cool with your butt loving / hurt I think we're going to need to stick you in top of the north endzone ok?

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Oh yeah? What about the hive would I like more? Enlighten me please. Were you once a member of the hive?
We could take all your posts from here and make a big hive of butt hurt / loving. Although I'm cool with your butt loving / hurt I think we're going to need to stick you in top of the north endzone ok?
Criticism of Tech coaches is forbidden. It might be healthier for you since you take such so ööööing personally.