Sark to Texas?

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Doesn’t seem like the worst hire. I think he has a better shot at success than the last couple guys at Texas. Glad to see him get a second chance as HC

MidGABuzz

Dodd-Like
Tom Herman, while his record at Texas was not stellar (32-18) over four years, he went 7-3 this year. Not too terrible, but he didn't beat Oklahoma. same dance, different song over at Auburn. If you can't beat your rival at least every 2-3 years, it won't be long before you have a pink slip in your paper work mailbox.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
IMO, he can win a natty at Texas. If any team has the money to run with Bama, it's Texas

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Tom Herman, while his record at Texas was not stellar (32-18) over four years, he went 7-3 this year. Not too terrible, but he didn't beat Oklahoma. same dance, different song over at Auburn. If you can't beat your rival at least every 2-3 years, it won't be long before you have a pink slip in your paper work mailbox.
It was a combo of “mediocre” record and his relationship with the boosters. Supposedly he didn’t cater to them and lost a lot of support with the “Eyes of Texas” fiasco which was basically a no-win for him regardless of what he did.

JJacket

It was a combo of “mediocre” record and his relationship with the boosters. Supposedly he didn’t cater to them and lost a lot of support with the “Eyes of Texas” fiasco which was basically a no-win for him regardless of what he did.
For Texas money, I'd give each of the boosters a handy.

MidGABuzz

Dodd-Like
Was wondering if some sort of conflict was in play between him and the boosters. Haven't really been keeping up with him after his first year after being hired. IIWII.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Was wondering if some sort of conflict was in play between him and the boosters. Haven't really been keeping up with him after his first year after being hired. IIWII.
Yeah I think he’d still be a solid HC for 90% of the programs out there and a home run OC hire for 100% of them.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
My first thought was I'm not sure Texas is a great job for someone who has dealt with addiction, but then again, I wouldn't think being a Saban assistant would be either.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
My first thought was I'm not sure Texas is a great job for someone who has dealt with addiction, but then again, I wouldn't think being a Saban assistant would be either.
Sark has just survived one of the best coaching crucibles the last two years in Tuscaloosa. If Saban didn't think Sark had at least learned to control his demons, he'd never have (1) hired him and (2) given a thumbs up to the crowd in Austin.

As much as many of us don't give a tinker's damn about Saban or the way he does business, those boys don't operate that way. They care a lot about how anyone they vouch for performs, You can bet the house the sobriety question came up in the "due diligence" discussions the UT AD had before offering the job to Sark. From what I've read, Sark will hang around another week & call plays in the MNC game. If you'll recall, Kiffin didn't get that option after accepting the FAU job. Here's your sign....

My son-in-law is a UT Law grad & season ticket holder in Austin. Will pass along what he hears in Austin in the coming days.

JJacket

I'll take "Thing that are complete BS" for a 1000 Alex.
Mexican food is inexpensive. I work in the Dalton/Calhoun corridor. Mexican restaurants are plentiful here. Estela's in Calhoun next to the concrete plant on 41 has authentic Mexican food at a great price. I highly recommend the steak tacos. With all that good Mexican food up this way, why would I go to Taco Bell?

Reactions: eg1

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Mexican food is inexpensive. I work in the Dalton/Calhoun corridor. Mexican restaurants are plentiful here. Estela's in Calhoun next to the concrete plant on 41 has authentic Mexican food at a great price. I highly recommend the steak tacos. With all that good Mexican food up this way, why would I go to Taco Bell?
I looked that up. That’s not authentic Mexican food.....just a dump building

JJacket

I looked that up. That’s not authentic Mexican food.....just a dump building
Considering the owners are actually Mexican, with several family members working there, I will take their word for it over "white guy proclaims that isn't authentic Mexican food". You're essentially being one of the foodies that went to Italy a few times and is now an expert on what constitutes authentic Italian food. I suppose you have been to your local El Rodeo or something in the nearby strip mall so now you're a Mexican food expert.

As for the building, they always score highly in their health score. I'm certain you require a much more continental location for your meal.

You can get non Mexican food there if you order the Equadorian tamales, so I suppose you're correct that it isn't all authentic Mexican food.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
There’s usually a big difference in what Mexicans living in Georgia are serving as “authentic Mexican” at their restaurants vs. what is served as “authentic Mexican” in a Texas located Mexican restaurant.

JJacket

There’s usually a big difference in what Mexicans living in Georgia are serving as “authentic Mexican” at their restaurants vs. what is served as “authentic Mexican” in a Texas located Mexican restaurant.
I will make sure to head in this week and tell the mother, from Mexico, that she isn't serving authentic Mexican food that a guy white guy from Savannah, who has never eaten there, says so. She doesn't speak English so I will have to tell her daughter to translate to Spanish for me.
They make their own tortillas and sauces, btw, the hot sauce is the best I've had. You can't buy it in bottles, but they will sell it in the styrofoam containers. Good taste that will light you up after a bit. They also own the Mexican store next door.