"say it ain't so"

Re: "say it ain\'t so"

Father Wasp, of course you would fire his ass now. You have always wanted to anyway.

Who are you going to get to replace him and win if the players are going to flunk out. If we have no players to play, what difference does it make who is the coach. We might as well keep Gailey if we are going to be in the same situation.

I guess if we get a new coach, the players are going to automatically get smarter overnight. I don't really understand your reasoning to get another coach because some of the players flunked.

rolleyes.gif

This is ridiculous.
I can understand one or two guys - but ELEVEN???

Someone should lose their job.

It's not Sting Time it's Stink time.....

It's going to be a long,long,long year....

Unreal.....John Southard, GT 33

well folks I didn't mean to stir up a yellow jackets nest but I guess I did with my questioning post over on the Hive. I saw the original post over on one of the other boards (don't remember which) and they were quoting the Rivals net. This is unreal and stinks to high heavens. Do we not have an academic(sp) advisor on staff? If we do then what in the heck is going on with him/her. Are we now looking at a 1-11 season or what.

In the immortal words of Vinnie Barbarino, "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Originally posted by chilidogking:
Someone should lose their job.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You nailed it. If true there's no excuse from the Pres, AD & HC on down to allow this kind of debacle. I still won't believe it til I see it print. Hopefully it's just another bad rumor.

I guess if we get a new coach, the players are going to automatically get smarter overnight. I don't really understand your reasoning to get another coach because some of the players flunked
--------------------------------------------------
This academic fiasco is not the main reason to get rid of Gailey, ahso... it is simply the last straw, the coupe de grace if you will.. the humiliation in Athens, the disgrace at the high school football field vs Fresno, not being man enough to face the media after those 2 disastrous losses... An embarassing sideline presence... I could keep tossing more dirt on Gailey.. listing his numerous shortcomings.. but good grief, man, let's be humane about this and just let the corpse expire with dignity... give it up.. it is over.. Time to cut off the life support & make the funeral arrangements..

Can someone post a link to the list of flunked out players or just post them again? I didn't get a link on the above post. Thanks.

FJ -

Here's a link that was posted yesterday. It contains the original list of alleged flunkouts that was deleted. There's been a few variations on the rumor since then but this is the list that got it all started.

-link-

Originally posted by gnats 67:
FJ -

Here's a link that was posted yesterday. It contains the original list of alleged flunkouts that was deleted. There's been a few variations on the rumor since then but this is the list that got it all started.

-link-
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Interesting from VA's board? How the heck did they get this?

If that list is correct we'll be fortunate to win 6 games next 2 years.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

Interesting from VA's board? How the heck did they get this?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This stuff is not allowed on Tech boards (yet).

BeeBad, evidently you have not read any of my other posts. I have opined that the real problem last year was morale caused by some of the players laying down on Gailey in their support of BOB and the fact Mac did not get the job.

I was not happy with last years results, but it definitely is not proper to lay all the blame on Gailey without giving him a chance to right the ship and get rid of those who don't want to play for him.

He has rearranged the staff, he now has two recruiting years behind him, and needs to at least coach this year before a trend can be found. It is just as possible that most of last year's problems were split loyalties of the players between BOB and Gailey.

I will not elaborate any more. Please read some of my other posts regarding the same issue.

wink.gif

Ahso, I haven't heard your take before on the players laying down on Gailey in support of BOB & Mac not getting the job.. Been wasting my time working & spending it on my family & not tending to business here..
smile.gif
I respect that you would like to give the man a chance and right the ship, problem is Gailey doesn't have the "necessities" to get the job done.. He doesn't have the leadership qualities necesssary to lead young men.. See my last post for just a few of Gailey's shortcomings...

BeeBad, I have read your post, read all my posts regarding Gailey's credentials.

They are not original posts, but are imbedded in other posts. They are answers to other poster's blasting of Gailey without proof of the contents of their posts.

wink.gif

Ahso, I haven't read much on this board.. I will be here often in the future... so I have no idea what you think or what you have posted in the past regarding Gailey..

Here's the prob with being one of Gailey's unpaid PR guys right now.. There hasn't been any good news for months...

1. Blowout, humiliating loss to eweGAg where Gailey's players quit on him
2. Humiliating loss in that high school stadium to Jerry Tarkanian's school
3. Average at best recruiting class - This is being generous as a very high percentage of recruiting gurus think it was below average.. Nonetheless it is no better than average which in my opinion is bad news..
4. The guy who calls a timeout at the end of the half vs Clemson which allowed them to pull the FG team off the field & go for the TD & cost us momentum and the game is NOW going to call the plays.. GREAT!
5. Gailey takes total control over the offense.. in spring practice & the game there was NO improvement by either Dbo or Suggs... This even tho they are being tutored by this supposed stud pro offensive coordinator.. Has the old boy lost his touch? Suggs last in passing in the ACC last year?
6. Now this academic fiasco...

The Gailey Regime is providing nothing to be optimistic about..

Your boy is on a Longgggggg losing streak there, son...

It (the rumor) was originally posted on the hive by 92Buzz, early yestiddy. Some UVA types picked it up and it was on the DawgDoo. In the meanwhile the hive deleted it and it became unpopular everywhere else.

Back