SC State band

During the game, I wasn't fond of them but who knows if that was intentional or just for not knowing.

But the Nick Rogers tribute and spelling out his name was as classy as you can get. I don't know of any other school that would have done that.

Playing over the Budweiser song is a trend that started last year.
It wasn't about budweiser for me, why play over our fight song every time we score and play none in between?

Maybe, they are used to band 'duels' like that at their level..

in their defense is it their fault that their traveling band is able to overpower our full force band? Our band sucks and has for years. Kids have great Tech spirit, but few if any are competent.

They brought the whole band on this trip. Not nagging at you.

It wasn't about budweiser for me, why play over our fight song every time we score and play none in between?

Yeah I noticed this also, but playing over the Budweiser Song pisses me off more since we only get it once a game. :)

Also to be fair to them, a little brass section of our band came up right behind their band and played a little song for the south endzone. I don't think anyone would call that "classless". Like I said, I just think that the fact that they were pretty loud may have bothered some people, but it's just what they do.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy, Let's Goooooooooooooo

Yeah only complaint was the songs were ridiculously long

myoinly concern was that they played when both teams came top the line of scrimmage, but they did with regard to which team was on offense.

The band, really?

I don't give a rat's ass if there were NO bands or baton twirlers or flaggots or cheerleaders. This was a football game.

I like to hear IARWFGT and that's all.

I'm happy that we have more complaints about the opposing team's band than about our defense. Hopefully it stays this way.

Their band didn't bother me. In fact, I really enjoyed their halftime Michael Jackson thing. I didn't notice them playing over the bud song. I was still singing my lungs out.

Jax State played over Buzzweiser last year as well with their "ESPN Theme" song.:mad:

To be fair to SC St., the Bud song lasted until a few seconds before the first play of the 4th. I don't think they were trying to be insulting. In fact, I wondered if they thought the Bud song were winding up since they started at the end of the first "You've got it all".

Their halftime show kicked our band's ass. We played a lousy tribute to some probably long ago dead jazz guy that I have never heard of and they played a tribute to a former player of ours (and cousin to their band director) Nick Rogers - including spelling his first name. Respect earned for SC State's band.

Only problem I had with them is that they actually played DURING a play (while our offense was on the field) during the fourth quarter. They're not supposed to do that.

They were mildly irritating and I did notice them playing over our band and Budweiser. But no more obnoxious than the red coat band who did the same last year.

During the game, I wasn't fond of them but who knows if that was intentional or just for not knowing.

But the Nick Rogers tribute and spelling out his name was as classy as you can get. I don't know of any other school that would have done that.

This.

They probably care more about their band than the football team. Maybe that's the only place they felt competitive?

They're extremely competitive when playing at their own level and not playing up a level.

Because our band would never play over another?

All bands do it. Not sure why anyone is making a big deal about it.

If they never played in between, how could they play during a play? Some of this stuff isn't adding up....

Only problem I had with them is that they actually played DURING a play (while our offense was on the field) during the fourth quarter. They're not supposed to do that.

Definitely not supposed to do that, and a PF can be called on the team for doing so.

Back