Schedule release today at 2

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I think our band loses to Alcorn's band, but it will be close. Alabama A&M's band kicked our band's ass. I guess our band is too scared to schedule them again

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
We need to learn how to lay out a schedule...this is garbage. We should open with Bowling Green, then play USF, then stay in conference starting in Wk 3. Drop Alcorn State in before UGA to get healthy. Shift everything else up to fill in the spaces. The SEC is so much better than the ACC at schedule making.
I agree. Looking at http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/future-schedules.html we have 8 home games scheduled for 2019 and 2020 will be our first chance to put in a cupcake before UGA.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
All the elite teams play 7-8 home games, then potentially one neutral site. No away games OOC. I'm not saying we are elite, but you have to dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

gte490v

Dodd-Like
Coastal:
Duke - VT, Bye, @GT
Miami - @BC (Friday), Duke, @GT
UNC - @Cuse, @UVA, GT
Pitt - Albany, Penn St, GT
UVA - Pitt (Friday), Liberty, @GT
VT - @UNC, Bye, GT (Thursday)

Atlantic:
Clemson - @aTm, Georgia Southern, @GT
Louisville - @UVA, FSU, GT (Friday)

OOC:
Bowling Green - Full schedule not released
USF - Elon (1st game), GT
UGA - Auburn, UMass, @GT

I think our schedule is tough, but atleast our opponents don't walk in off of cupcakes like some years.

They atleast gave us a bye before the @VT, @UNC, Miami stretch and we have a few days extra because @VT is a Thursday night game.

I have low expectations for this team, so 6 wins and a bowl is my reasonable expectation. Beat Alcorn, @USF, Bowling Green. Win 2 of 3 from @Pitt, Duke, UVA. Maybe 1 of @Louisville, @VT, @UNC, Miami.

It is time for a surprisingly good season, so we've got that going for us.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Wow. You are miserable dude.
no, just realistic. Thursday and Friday night games don't help us (we are atrocious on Thursday night) and 6 total home games stinks.

It really depends on who our starting QB is though. And everytime I'm bearish on us, we exceed. Everytime I think we're running the table, we suck.

So my prediction should make you happy. 10 wins OTW!

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
no, just realistic. Thursday and Friday night games don't help us (we are atrocious on Thursday night) and 6 total home games stinks.

It really depends on who our starting QB is though. And everytime I'm bearish on us, we exceed. Everytime I think we're running the table, we suck.

So my prediction should make you happy. 10 wins OTW!
Fair enough. Don't we usually have 6 home games, though? (6 home, 6 away?)

JJacket

Fair enough. Don't we usually have 6 home games, though? (6 home, 6 away?)
Most teams in the ACC look to have 6 home games, unless they are overscheduling cupcakes. Miami plays a kickoff game against LSU in Texas. UNC has Cal away. Louisville has Alabama in Orlando.

JJacket

Weird that Washington and Auburn are playing the Chick Fil A kickoff classic. I don't get the appeal

JJacket

UGH, I just looked at the 2019 Chick Fil A kickoff - Alabama vs. Duke. Yuck

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Gonna be an awkward homecoming date. Either have to go super early with Duke on 10/13 or more likely late with Miami on 11/10.

eg1

Dodd-Like
Thinking about a road trip to Pitt. Anyone been there?

JJacket

Gonna be an awkward homecoming date. Either have to go super early with Duke on 10/13 or more likely late with Miami on 11/10.
11/10 may be military appreciation day.