Schedule release today at 2

Thinking about a road trip to Pitt. Anyone been there?

Yeah, I've been to all our games up there (2 or 3 at this point?). Pitt plays in the NFL stadium, which is a fair distance from their campus. GTAA tickets for the first game or two were in the low end zone with our backs to the river; GTAA tickets for the most recent game were in the upper, upper, upper deck in the opposite end zone. The stadium has always been at least half empty, so it's worth considering buying good seats elsewhere - I don't think the Pitt fans are too obnoxious.

I kind of enjoy Pittsburgh. It's a pain to drive in, with all the bridges and tunnels and stuff, but it's a pretty cool city. I've enjoyed the touristy stuff - touring the submarine moored right outside the stadium, riding the inclines, going to the Heinz museum, going to Primanti Bros, etc. I've visited the Pitt campus for a look around - the "Cathedral of Learning" was interesting, and if you're a baseball fan, the outfield wall of an old Pittsburgh baseball stadium where they beat the Yankees in a famous World Series is also preserved and marked on their campus. I'm also interested in Frank Lloyd Wright, and Fallingwater is just an hour or so outside of Pittsburgh - that was a really fun, interesting half-day activity.

JRjr

Yeah, I've been to all our games up there (2 or 3 at this point?). Pitt plays in the NFL stadium, which is a fair distance from their campus. GTAA tickets for the first game or two were in the low end zone with our backs to the river; GTAA tickets for the most recent game were in the upper, upper, upper deck in the opposite end zone. The stadium has always been at least half empty, so it's worth considering buying good seats elsewhere - I don't think the Pitt fans are too obnoxious.

I kind of enjoy Pittsburgh. It's a pain to drive in, with all the bridges and tunnels and stuff, but it's a pretty cool city. I've enjoyed the touristy stuff - touring the submarine moored right outside the stadium, riding the inclines, going to the Heinz museum, going to Primanti Bros, etc. I've visited the Pitt campus for a look around - the "Cathedral of Learning" was interesting, and if you're a baseball fan, the outfield wall of an old Pittsburgh baseball stadium where they beat the Yankees in a famous World Series is also preserved and marked on their campus. I'm also interested in Frank Lloyd Wright, and Fallingwater is just an hour or so outside of Pittsburgh - that was a really fun, interesting half-day activity.

JRjr
Thanks! It's about a 4.5 hour drive away from me, so might save the cost of a flight ...

Thanks! It's about a 4.5 hour drive away from me, so might save the cost of a flight ...
If you’re coming from DC consider the route through Paw Paw, WV. It takes you past Morgantown and Cumberland which is a scenic drive. No PA Turnpike either but takes a half hour longer. Also has some parts that aren’t kind to motion sickness sufferers.

Last edited:
Hopefully. This way, we can get some tape on how Clemson defends it & adjust accordingly.
They defend it by manning up and being physically superior to our offensive players

Complaints about scheduling need to be taken straight to CPJ's door. He's said several times that the ACC+UGA regular schedule is plenty hard enough and he doesn't want to play harder teams. The mix of FCS & FBS non-P5's that we get (aside from UGA) is exactly what the head coach ordered.

Completely agree that playing on Friday nights is anathema. I blame Obama. Or Trump. Or the ACC Comm'r. Anybody but me and my insatiable demand for college football at all times.

Come to think of it, could we get some casual scrimmages with other teams during the spring? And do it at Grant Field so we can attend in person? Just for fun, not serious like the regular season.

Come to think of it, could we get some casual scrimmages with other teams during the spring? And do it at Grant Field so we can attend in person? Just for fun, not serious like the regular season.
non-contact 7 v 7 team tournaments would be fun. plus we could work on our passing game.

Complaints about scheduling need to be taken straight to CPJ's door. He's said several times that the ACC+UGA regular schedule is plenty hard enough and he doesn't want to play harder teams. The mix of FCS & FBS non-P5's that we get (aside from UGA) is exactly what the head coach ordered.

Completely agree that playing on Friday nights is anathema. I blame Obama. Or Trump. Or the ACC Comm'r. Anybody but me and my insatiable demand for college football at all times.

CPJ doesn't give a öööö about us fans. He talks öööö about us all the time and nobody says anything to him about it. He could care less about us. He could learn from Pastner

CPJ doesn't give a öööö about us fans. He talks öööö about us all the time and nobody says anything to him about it. He could care less about us. He could learn from Pastner
I'd be concerned if you had said he couldn't care less. But since he could care less that means there's a chance he cares about us.

What has Paul said about us That has your panties all twisted? I’m not his biggest fan but he generally calls it like it is. If something he said offended you, maybe look in the mirror and do better next time.

What has Paul said about us That has your panties all twisted? I’m not his biggest fan but he generally calls it like it is. If something he said offended you, maybe look in the mirror and do better next time.
Talks crap about us always being average and stuff to defend his own mediocrity. He talks crap about his own program

They defend it by manning up and being physically superior to our offensive players

CPJ has played them 11 times. I would submit that they were the physically superior team in all 11 matchups, including the 5 times that we beat them.

Talks crap about us always being average and stuff to defend his own mediocrity. He talks crap about his own program
He definitely talks about institutional limitations a lot. You almost get the feeling he's not sure he'll ever be able to win big here. I don't think he's got any other P5 options at this point, but I wonder if he missed being 'the bigger program' when he was at Southern.

CPJ has played them 11 times. I would submit that they were the physically superior team in all 11 matchups, including the 5 times that we beat them.
I disagree that they were physically superior in those contests. Dwyer was better than their backs. Our DL was as good with Johnson and Walker were on it. Wheeler and Guyton at LB. Reis playing way above his 2 star level was underrated. They did not have one wide receiver as good as Demaryius Thomas (still haven't) Our QB was superior in Nesbitt - Clemson has had some pretty mediocre QB's until their championship season.

Our talent lately isn't gonna win many games against Clemson.

JRjr
Fallingwater is awesome, and another home he built nearby is Kentuck Knob.

I disagree that they were physically superior in those contests. Dwyer was better than their backs. Our DL was as good with Johnson and Walker were on it. Wheeler and Guyton at LB. Reis playing way above his 2 star level was underrated. They did not have one wide receiver as good as Demaryius Thomas (still haven't) Our QB was superior in Nesbitt - Clemson has had some pretty mediocre QB's until their championship season.

Our talent lately isn't gonna win many games against Clemson.

Guyton, Wheeler, and Reis never played for CPJ.

Back