Scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted I think Laskey could break 1000 yards if he gets 20 touches a game this season, but I'm hard pressed to label him a playmaker based on what I have seen.

I can see you didn't even do the math on this. If he gets 20 carries a game and averages 5.77 a carry over 13 games, that gets him 1500 yards on the season. I'd call 1500 yards a playmaker of the first rate and I don't care how the yards come.

BS.

You don't have to crank out 70 yard TD runs to be a playmaker. Breaking tackles for a 15 yard gain up the middle is called making a play. Laskey has done that often and will do that often this season.

2009 Dwyer: 5.94 ypc
2010 Allen: 5.48 ypc
2013 Laskey: 5.77 ypc

I think we'll be fine.
We've scored points against Georgia four times in six years with the longest play of the drive being 15 yards or less. One of those drives originated on our own 44 the others were inside their 40. One of those was in overtime.

We aren't gonna score on good teams with big plays of 15 yards. We need guys that take what should be 15 and turn it into 40.

We've scored points against Georgia four times in six years with the longest play of the drive being 15 yards or less. One of those drives originated on our own 44 the others were inside their 40. One of those was in overtime.

We aren't gonna score on good teams with big plays of 15 yards. We need guys that take what should be 15 and turn it into 40.

You are such a whiny twat.

There is a lot of merit in saying not having a home run threat is a weakness. If you are efficient at runnin the option you can get those 5 ypp averages as you march between the 20s but when you get in the red zone the defenses will put everyone on the line to stop the run and drives will grind to a field goal attempt.

You have to have a dominate O line to be able to just punch it in with runs all the time, and we don't.

It is getting so bad at GT that fans call a player with a 15 yard hard run a playmaker. Oh he broke a tackle and got 15, he is a playmaker!

A playmaker is a player that can take it to the house at any moment. Some of you calling normal players playmakers is diminishing the value of the word.

Bebe Thomas was a playmaker.
Jonathan Dwyer was a playmaker.
Anthony Allen was a playmaker.
Orwin Smith was a playmaker.

Zach Laskey is a good runner, not a playmaker.
Summers??? Please remind me what he has done again?

The closest thing Tech has to a home run threat "playmaker' in my opinion is Justin Thomas and Smelter. I hope someone surprises me like the next Robbie Godhigh.

And saying Tech is short on playmakers is not whining. It is my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

On this board it seems like anyone who posts anything is perceived as either whining or blowing smoke up someone's ass. There is a middle ground.

It is getting so bad at GT that fans call a player with a 15 yard hard run a playmaker. Oh he broke a tackle and got 15, he is a playmaker!

A playmaker is a player that can take it to the house at any moment. Some of you calling normal players playmakers is diminishing the value of the word.

Bebe Thomas was a playmaker.
Jonathan Dwyer was a playmaker.
Anthony Allen was a playmaker.
Orwin Smith was a playmaker.

Zach Laskey is a good runner, not a playmaker.
Summers??? Please remind me what he has done again?

The closest thing Tech has to a home run threat "playmaker' in my opinion is Justin Thomas and Smelter. I hope someone surprises me like the next Robbie Godhigh.

And saying Tech is short on playmakers is not whining. It is my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

On this board it seems like anyone who posts anything is perceived as either whining or blowing smoke up someone's ass. There is a middle ground.

Agree 100%. Unless you're shooting rainbows with different shades of gold out your as* then you're not supposedly a true fan to a lot of people here. At least there's not a uniform thread yet.

It's like I stepped into an alternate universe where vaginas can talk.

I must say, brilliant arguments and tactic by resorting to name-calling with such gems as 'miserable weepy cunts,' 'whiny twats' and 'talking vaginas'. With counters like that, I'm much more confident when I look over our depth chart.

I must say, brilliant arguments and tactic by resorting to name-calling with such gems as 'miserable weepy cunts,' 'whiny twats' and 'talking vaginas'. With counters like that, I'm much more confident when I look over our depth chart.
You are allowed to think we don't have a promising team and people are being whiny bitches at the same time.

Cytotoxicat is the quintessential Stingtalk poster and illustrates my point brilliantly.

Granted I think Laskey could break 1000 yards if he gets 20 touches a game this season, but I'm hard pressed to label him a playmaker based on what I have seen. The only play I can remember him making that I would consider a playmaker play is that wheel route he took to the house against UVA in 2012. His longest run last season was 33 yards against Elon. A playmaker is a type of player that can break one open at any time. Not once or twice a season. Orwin Smith was a playmaker. Even Robbie Godhigh was a playmaker. The only player that I can see with playmaking abilities is Justin Thomas. So if Byerly is our starting QB I don't expect much plays being made on offense. Three yards and a cloud of dust comes to mind.
I went to the scrimmage yesterday and was bored to tears within 30 minutes. The offense is slow,always gets down to 3rd and 3 with the QB trying to pickup the first down with the midline dive or a rocket toss. Tech will win at least 7 games (maybe get 8 with an upset) lowly bowl game, Johnson remains the HC, and the beat goes on!

Agree 100%. Unless you're shooting rainbows with different shades of gold out your as* then you're not supposedly a true fan to a lot of people here. At least there's not a uniform thread yet.

Technically, I think you're only supposed to shoot rainbows of old gold out your as* to be considered a true fan. Otherwise, you'll read "wrong shade of gold".

I went to the scrimmage yesterday and was bored to tears within 30 minutes. The offense is slow,always gets down to 3rd and 3 with the QB trying to pickup the first down with the midline dive or a rocket toss. Tech will win at least 7 games (maybe get 8 with an upset) lowly bowl game, Johnson remains the HC, and the beat goes on!

Pretty impressive considering today's CFB and today's GT. See Travis Custis story.

That little video in there said that JT did play some. You guys get your facts straight.

Can anyone honestly say they left the scrimmage encouraged?

No Thomas (injured - get used to it)
No Laskey
Wobbly passes
OL getting blown up
Not a single player that looks capable of making a play (save, perhaps, Byerly)

I thought Bostic had some good plays in 2012 and seemed like a good playmaker. Anyone know why he barely played last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back