Scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Bostic had some good plays in 2012 and seemed like a good playmaker. Anyone know why he barely played last year?

My theory: he's too small. I think the staff has blown it with him, however, by not passing to him in the flats more. He's not an All-ACC guy, but hitting him on the short routes would have been more productive than every pitch to most of the other AB's.

I thought Bostic had some good plays in 2012 and seemed like a good playmaker. Anyone know why he barely played last year?

If you watched Bostic in the run game, he looked terrible. I remember in his limited time in 2010 and at times in 2012, he looked good running the ball. Made a lot of guys miss and looked fast. Not sure what happened.

It is getting so bad at GT that fans call a player with a 15 yard hard run a playmaker. Oh he broke a tackle and got 15, he is a playmaker!

A playmaker is a player that can take it to the house at any moment. Some of you calling normal players playmakers is diminishing the value of the word.

Bebe Thomas was a playmaker.
Jonathan Dwyer was a playmaker.
Anthony Allen was a playmaker.
Orwin Smith was a playmaker.

Zach Laskey is a good runner, not a playmaker.
Summers??? Please remind me what he has done again?

The closest thing Tech has to a home run threat "playmaker' in my opinion is Justin Thomas and Smelter. I hope someone surprises me like the next Robbie Godhigh.

And saying Tech is short on playmakers is not whining. It is my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

On this board it seems like anyone who posts anything is perceived as either whining or blowing smoke up someone's ass. There is a middle ground.

Agree 100% as well but CPJ is proving himself in the recruiting game as of late. He's a great coach but this year is going to be ROUGH, imo. Zach Laskey is our starting B-back. The feature role in this offense. And he isn't good. He runs upright and is prone to get hammered by any of the good to great defenses we will face.

If you watched Bostic in the run game, he looked terrible. I remember in his limited time in 2010 and at times in 2012, he looked good running the ball. Made a lot of guys miss and looked fast. Not sure what happened.

Bostic is a badasss at catching the football though.
:biggthumpup:

Agree 100% as well but CPJ is proving himself in the recruiting game as of late. He's a great coach but this year is going to be ROUGH, imo. Zach Laskey is our starting B-back. The feature role in this offense. And he isn't good. He runs upright and is prone to get hammered by any of the good to great defenses we will face.
Come to think of it, has CPJ ever had a starting B-back that was actually recruited to be a B-back?

Dwyer - CCG recruit
Allen - transfer converted from A-back.
Sims - converted QB.
Laskey - converted safety.

It is really sad Tech can't bring a stud in for the featured position in a running offense. It will be even sadder if Tech faces Curtis on UGA, UM or UNC.

Come to think of it, has CPJ ever had a starting B-back that was actually recruited to be a B-back?

Dwyer - CCG recruit
Allen - transfer converted from A-back.
Sims - converted QB.
Laskey - converted safety.

It is really sad Tech can't bring a stud in for the featured position in a running offense. It will be even sadder if Tech faces Curtis on UGA, UM or UNC.

Allen was a transfer but he knew he was coming to the option, it was his choice. He was a Bback first, then moved to Aback so he could see the field with Dwyer at Bback.

Sims was a qb, but he was recruited to play rb at every other school that offered including some factories.

Laskey played both ways in high school, he came to GT as an athlete and went to defense because that is where we needed him. He was always a better rb prospect, imo.

Custis was a Bback all the way before he was disqualified.

CJ Legget was recruited A/B and now he's at B.

Current commit MLD is a top get.

I wasn't able to go to the scrimmage and after burning through this thread, I feel like 1 or 2 guys went and everyone else just typed the same negative stuff they are thinking and posting in other threads.

Can we have people start their post with "I was at the scrimmage" so I can tell what is from observation and what is speculation?

I wasn't able to go to the scrimmage and after burning through this thread, I feel like 1 or 2 guys went and everyone else just typed the same negative stuff they are thinking and posting in other threads.

Can we have people start their post with "I was at the scrimmage" so I can tell what is from observation and what is speculation?

I was not at the scrimmage, but I like this idea.

Unfortunately, we've arrived at the point where some fans are so obsessed with a coaching change, that they have lost all objectivity. It's like a marriage gone bad, where the dinner table sounds like:

Her: Pass the salt.
Him: You've ruined my life, you miserable wench.

Unfortunately, we've arrived at the point where some fans are so obsessed with a coaching change, that they have lost all objectivity. It's like a marriage gone bad, where the dinner table sounds like:

Her: Pass the salt.
Him: You've ruined my life, you miserable wench.

And this meatloaf tastes like öööö

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back