Scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smelter can catch, I'll give you that. It's too bad he'll only get 3-5 chances each game to do something.

Laskey is not a playmaker. It all rests on Thomas. Tech has an offense with three RBs on the field at the same time. Too bad none of them are anything special.

I really am trying to see the silver lining this year, but it's tough. I swear to God, did Bostic actually LOSE weight???

My only hope today was to see if we have any playmakers on offense. You can deduce as much even with a scrimmage. Hell, practices will tell you who can actually play or not.

I saw nothing today that leads me to believe we have any such players on O (without the benefit of seeing Thos and Laskey, admittedly).
You didn't need to go to a scrimmage to know we have no playmakers. Just look at our recruiting...

Laskey has had more big runs than Sims did. He was also better at the short yardage game. He is absolutely a playmaker. What he needs to do is become a playmaker when the ball isn't in his hands. Get downfield and block. Block for the QB. Get some separation when you are the hot read.

I've said three times before- Byerly will be our starter by the end of the year.

:lol:
say it all you want - that doesnt make it any less dumb of you to say

note that "at the end" is not the same implication as "by the end"
"by the end" implies that Byerly will be the PREFERRED choice, while "at the end" implies that JT will be injured

Laskey is not a playmaker.

BS.

You don't have to crank out 70 yard TD runs to be a playmaker. Breaking tackles for a 15 yard gain up the middle is called making a play. Laskey has done that often and will do that often this season.

2009 Dwyer: 5.94 ypc
2010 Allen: 5.48 ypc
2013 Laskey: 5.77 ypc

I think we'll be fine.

BS.

You don't have to crank out 70 yard TD runs to be a playmaker. Breaking tackles for a 15 yard gain up the middle is called making a play. Laskey has done that often and will do that often this season.

2009 Dwyer: 5.94 ypc
2010 Allen: 5.48 ypc
2013 Laskey: 5.77 ypc

I think we'll be fine.

Agreed.

Granted I think Laskey could break 1000 yards if he gets 20 touches a game this season, but I'm hard pressed to label him a playmaker based on what I have seen. The only play I can remember him making that I would consider a playmaker play is that wheel route he took to the house against UVA in 2012. His longest run last season was 33 yards against Elon. A playmaker is a type of player that can break one open at any time. Not once or twice a season. Orwin Smith was a playmaker. Even Robbie Godhigh was a playmaker. The only player that I can see with playmaking abilities is Justin Thomas. So if Byerly is our starting QB I don't expect much plays being made on offense. Three yards and a cloud of dust comes to mind.

Granted I think Laskey could break 1000 yards if he gets 20 touches a game this season, but I'm hard pressed to label him a playmaker based on what I have seen. The only play I can remember him making that I would consider a playmaker play is that wheel route he took to the house against UVA in 2012. His longest run last season was 33 yards against Elon. A playmaker is a type of player that can break one open at any time. Not once or twice a season. Orwin Smith was a playmaker. Even Robbie Godhigh was a playmaker. The only player that I can see with playmaking abilities is Justin Thomas. So if Byerly is our starting QB I don't expect much plays being made on offense. Three yards and a cloud of dust comes to mind.

Where would you put Smelter and Summers, then, in playmakers vs. non-playmakers?
I think Zenon has shown the capability to make plays.

Bunch of miserable, weeping cunts on this board. Be sure to all go öööö yourselves later in the season when this team starts surprising some folks.

Where would you put Smelter and Summers, then, in playmakers vs. non-playmakers?
I think Zenon has shown the capability to make plays.

Summers has virtually no game experience, so anyone calling him a playmaker is just dumb.

Zenon has game experience and has shown no such capability. That's why he barely touched the ball last year.

Summers has virtually no game experience, so anyone calling him a playmaker is just dumb.

Zenon has game experience and has shown no such capability. That's why he barely touched the ball last year.

11 starts as a Rs Fr means no game exp. Got it.

I think what people mean or PROVEN playmakers but I agree the whining is premature. I predict PJ will out perform the pessimists and under perform the optimists. We are still at 7 wins maybe 8 and over .500 in conf which will probably be a successful season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back