Should UGA have been in the playoffs instead of Notre Dame?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled that UGA did not get into the playoffs. However, to pretend that UGA is not better than Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Ohio State is silly. UGA would be 4-7 point favorites against Oklahoma and Ohio State and 7-10 point favorites against Notre Dame. They would be 10-14 point favorites against UCF.
What was the spread against LSU

That depends on if you're a big picture guy that wants what's best for GT FB or if you're a small picture guy that's consumed by hate for all things UGA

With ND going to the CFP , they can now come into GA and recruit academic qualifiers that were destined to come to GT and say "we were in the CFP we're only a good Recruiting class away", ND can hurt GT much more than UGA can recruiting wise

If UGA were in CFB playoff they're gonna recruit the same guys that grew up loving UGA from the cradle, much less likely to hurt Coach G Recruiting wise

"destined to come to GT" , hey I'm an optimist

Believe n.d. has been able to come into Ga. and hurt us recruiting wise for many years for many reasons.

Sadly.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled that UGA did not get into the playoffs. However, to pretend that UGA is not better than Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Ohio State is silly. UGA would be 4-7 point favorites against Oklahoma and Ohio State and 7-10 point favorites against Notre Dame. They would be 10-14 point favorites against UCF.

This is all after the fact. An undefeated team should notbe left out over a team with 2 loses.

Believe n.d. has been able to come into Ga. and hurt us recruiting wise for many years for many reasons.

Sadly.

Notre Dame has been recruiting Georgia for 30 years. Long before they got Darius Walker out of Buford, they were getting Adrian Jarrell out of Athens. Wasn't Wes Pritchett, a LB on their last title team (1988 ... two years before Tech's last national championship), from Marist?

This was a good ND team. Clemson is great.
Dabo is a good coach.
I hate Brian Kelly. Always thought he was overrated.

Oh, and Georgia ... LSU says hello for the mudhole they stomped into you earlier this year. So if you lose like that, even on the road against a good team, forgot the CFP, bitches.

Also think only conf champs should be in with 4 teams. However, if that had been true last year Alabama wouldn’t have gotten in and the mutts....won’t even say it.

Should be 8 teams: 5 conf champs no matter what the record, and three at large. First games at home site of top 4 conf champs - big advantage to win the conf. If you win your conf with a 8-5 record: good for you but you will travel to another home site.

upload_2018-12-30_17-1-3.gif

Of course georgia shouldn't have been in. This is college athletics, teams that pay their players exorbitant salaries should be disqualified no matter what the record is.

*Note: This also rules out bama, nd, and Clemson

Also think only conf champs should be in with 4 teams. However, if that had been true last year Alabama wouldn’t have gotten in and the mutts....won’t even say it.

Should be 8 teams: 5 conf champs no matter what the record, and three at large. First games at home site of top 4 conf champs - big advantage to win the conf. If you win your conf with a 8-5 record: good for you but you will travel to another home site.

All that does is create more blowouts in the playoffs, which is where we are today that has folks clamoring for a better system

Of course georgia shouldn't have been in. This is college athletics, teams that pay their players exorbitant salaries should be disqualified no matter what the record is.

*Note: This also rules out bama, nd, and Clemson

Teams that pay their players are simply more committed to winning

Nothing is free in this world

Dummies from the factories can figure this out but our genius Alumni base cannot

No. öööö em
Sure UGA is a better team than the other choices, but they were essentially in the playoff and lost in the round of 8. I'd rather see the next most qualified team get in over conference champ losers who had the chance to play their way in. It's better for the game.

When only 2 or 4 teams get in, and it is a beauty contest, players want to go to the handful that make pretty. There are reasonably only a half dozen or so programs today that can get in - we are not one of them and won’t ever be. The mutts and Clemson will be in the mix annually - don’t like it but it is reality. Thankfully they lost twice and didn’t deserve to get in this year.

With 8, there are probably 15 or so with a shot in any given year and it is more fluid. We could be one of those, and players can be sold on both playing time and a shot. I want a consistent chance at 4 and 5 star players. Need 8 in playoffs. It helps level the playing field.

I would note we can’t get the 3-4 upper level (not top) players at one time in roundball it takes to make the 64. The expansion of the tourney made college basketball exciting even though the early departures now limit it to the top 30 players every year, rather than after 3 years (90 top players still in college at any given time).

So the Gaggers keep getting chances to play Bama?

Back