Signing Day Thread

composite is the HS group only.
overall includes the transfer group.
both are an average of 247,espn and rivals ratings. this is the ratings gold standard.
our highest xfers were Lightsey/Gibbs at 87.0 which ranks them at 15th and 16th when blended into our HS group.
That's why the overall ranking goes down to now 42.We had 11 high 3stars and 3 4stars which is a good group at 34.(acc 7th,overall-acc9th)
we moved up from 37 to 34 due to the two late commits.
thanks

This is CBK's first real signing class since becoming the head coach. We'd all like to see a top 25 class, but this is a solid group coming off some dismal seasons and just a decent 6-6 record this year. It proves that CBK can recruit and sign players, as well as attract quality assistant coaches, and can move the program in the right direction. There is nothing in this cycle to suggest to me that Key is anything less than a good hire, and maybe the guy who can take Tech to the next level as the program moves forward.

No HS recruit rated below a 0.8530 and no 2 stars. Overall looks like a good class to build more wins and hopefully better classes with.

This is a very solid class in his first full year of recruiting with his staff. The typical rule of thumb is that kids with 0.8600 or greater are more likely to see the field and contribute to the team. Of course there are always exceptions. This class has a ton of 0.89-0.88 kids which bodes well get building the kind of depth a factory has. Those are all borderline 4 star blue-chippers. I personally don’t like the way 24/7 uses ‘composite’ scores. Rivals is always easier to understand. I’m interested to see who else Key was referring to as far as the last few additions to the class between now and official signing day.

Rankings. Not bad after Key's first full season as HC

Interesting. Seems to be three pretty distinct tiers. Top 5, middle 5, bottom 7. We’re right there in the middle.

All three new teams are in the bottom half. I thought SMU was supposed to have unlimited NIL money.

Still a lot of activity pending in the portal, tons of kids will hit it after their bowl games. Very solid start today, keep the pedal down.

This has to be a record # of tight ends in a class for GT.

We've also upgraded in the types of kids at TE we're getting in the last 4 years up to now, both from hs and in the portal. Seither has proven he's a weapon and I think he'll be used even more in this offense's 2nd year under BF and H King. The more weapons Faulkner has at his disposal the more dangerous we'll be.

Example:

GA High School All-Time Passing yards, Career
  • 13,922 - Aaron Philo (Prince Avenue Christian) 2020-2023 (*** 3 star *** Ga Tech - #45 ranked QB in the country)
  • 13,902 - Trevor Lawrence (Cartersville) 2014 - 2017 (***** 5 star ***** Clemson - #1 QB in the country)
  • 13,652 - Gunner Stockton (Rabun County) 2018 - 2021 (**** 4 Star **** UGA)
  • 13,077 - Deshaun Watson (Gainesville) 2010 - 2013 (**** 4 Star **** Clemson - #2 Dual Threat QB in the country)
  • 12,745 - Jake Fromm (Houston County) 2013 - 2016 (**** 4 Star **** UGA - #2 QB in the country)
  • 12,119 - Harrison Bailey (Marietta) 2016-2019 (**** 4 Star **** Louisville - #3 rated QB in the country)
So our guy who set the all-time passing record in the state of Georgia is a 3 star, but the guys he beat were all rated 4 and 5 star QBs?

/

Back