Signing Day Thread

I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but I saw it on an Augusta TV channel tonight -- 3* South Carolina Silver Bluff High School linebacker Jordan Boyd signed today. He committed last March

I don't know if this has already been posted or not, but I saw it on an Augusta TV channel tonight -- 3* South Carolina Silver Bluff High School linebacker Jordan Boyd signed today. He committed last March
I know this staff has an eye for talent. Whether or not we retain the current DC or not I don’t know. This could be our best season in awhile next year.

Even though he's from the Augusta area, where I live, I really didn't know anything about him. This is posted on GoJackets ---

JORDAN BOYD

Fr., DL, 6-3, 230, Beech Island, S.C./Silver Bluff H.S.

Rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals, 247Sports and ESPN … Ranked as the No. 8 player in the state of South Carolina by Rivals … All-state, all-region and all-area honoree … Named Area Defensive Player of the Year as a junior in 2022 … Selected to play in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas … Helped lead Silver Bluff to a 9-4 record and third round of the South Carolina AA playoffs as a senior in 2023 … Lifted team to third round of the playoffs with a game-winning interception return for a touchdown in second-round victory … Helped anchor a defense that only allowed 13.8 points per game as a senior in ’23 … Amassed 162 tackles, 38 tackles for loss and 14 sacks over sophomore (2021) and junior (2022) seasons … Four-year letterwinner … Coached by De’Angelo Bryant … Also a standout track performer … Clocked 11.40 in the 100-meter dash and measured 34 feet, 7 inches in the triple jump as a junior … Member of school-record-holding and state champion 4×100 team in 2021 … Honor roll student … Member of Key Club, Success Team Youth Council and Fellowship of Christian Athletes … Several relatives have played major college football and in the NFL, including Raymond Chavous (Clemson), D’Wayne Bats (Northwestern, Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings), De’Angelo Bryant (Wake Forest) and Cordera Tankersley (Clemson, Miami Dolphins and Minnesota Vikings) … Jordan intends to major in civil engineering at Georgia Tech and aspires for a career in engineering or architecture.

Even though he's from the Augusta area, where I live, I really didn't know anything about him. This is posted on GoJackets ---

JORDAN BOYD

Fr., DL, 6-3, 230, Beech Island, S.C./Silver Bluff H.S.

Rated as a three-star prospect by Rivals, 247Sports and ESPN … Ranked as the No. 8 player in the state of South Carolina by Rivals … All-state, all-region and all-area honoree … Named Area Defensive Player of the Year as a junior in 2022 … Selected to play in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas … Helped lead Silver Bluff to a 9-4 record and third round of the South Carolina AA playoffs as a senior in 2023 … Lifted team to third round of the playoffs with a game-winning interception return for a touchdown in second-round victory … Helped anchor a defense that only allowed 13.8 points per game as a senior in ’23 … Amassed 162 tackles, 38 tackles for loss and 14 sacks over sophomore (2021) and junior (2022) seasons … Four-year letterwinner … Coached by De’Angelo Bryant … Also a standout track performer … Clocked 11.40 in the 100-meter dash and measured 34 feet, 7 inches in the triple jump as a junior … Member of school-record-holding and state champion 4×100 team in 2021 … Honor roll student … Member of Key Club, Success Team Youth Council and Fellowship of Christian Athletes … Several relatives have played major college football and in the NFL, including Raymond Chavous (Clemson), D’Wayne Bats (Northwestern, Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings), De’Angelo Bryant (Wake Forest) and Cordera Tankersley (Clemson, Miami Dolphins and Minnesota Vikings) … Jordan intends to major in civil engineering at Georgia Tech and aspires for a career in engineering or architecture.
A DL that can run. The one thing that can't be coached is speed and if there was anything that we looked deficient in on the defensive side of the ball it was speed and quickness.

In years past, there was a highlight reel of all the new players from high school. Haven’t seen much footage on anyone this year.

Dude, you fell asleep and dreamed that.

Augusta news covering Tech - you had me going there for a minute.

This was discussed in one of the Aaron Philo threads. Overall he's like a half a point or so shy of being a 4 star. I think he'll do well here. Our QB coach is good, IMO so hopefully it'll pan out for us.

Our QB coach is a Heisman winner,something no other school can offer a young qb! What kid would pass that up?

Congrats Coach Key and staff. Great recruiting class. I’m pretty excited about what we’re bringing in on offensive and defense!

I would give Key and his staff high marks on this cycle of recruiting high school players and managing the portal. I know we can lose others after Spring practice, but so far, his roster management looks really good.

Dude, you fell asleep and dreamed that.

Augusta news covering Tech - you had me going there for a minute.
The TV stations do cover Tech, although nowhere near as much as they do the mutts. It's the newspaper that never even mentions Tech, for any reason, athletics or academics.

Back