Smith fired.

I think you can fire Dimitroff on character alone. Who still chooses to be friends with Lance Armstrong? Smith probably should be gone based on his time management issues and lack of balls. Yesterday we literally had nothing to lose, but you never saw any high risk plays, outside of throwing it to the other team.

Right now the Falcons need to build a really solid running game through the offensive line, beef up the interior defensive line, and get a solid edge pass rush. Sadly this probably can't be done in one season, not with our current GM.

If the Falcons don't let Dimitroff go, Atlanta has an owner problem.

I was at the game yesterday. I really don't care much for pro football or the Falcons - I went to just have a good time. However, that showing was pathetic. At least they could have shown some slither of being competitive. I was wanting to be entertained. Hoping for a close game one way or the other. We managed some great seats 2 rows behind Carolina's bench about mid field. It was really pretty boring.

If the Falcons don't let Dimitroff go, Atlanta has an owner problem.

Have to agree here. Hiring a search firm for the next coach so quickly smells to me like Arthur Blank not trusting his GM to do his job. So why keep him?

We have a great city and could become a destination team with a dedicated single owner, but not as long as said owner is over-involved in team management. It began with Michael Vick answering to the owner instead of the coach, and it looks like it's going to continue with staff decisions. Arthur Blank has done some really good things, but he needs to get out of the Falcons' kitchen ASAP. He's a restaurant owner, not a chef.

i kinda have a soft spot for Rex Ryan.. who is now available

Dimitroff is a weirdo vegan type of dude. It's basically like having a hipster make all your draft picks.

Remember all those stories about him sleeping in his car and biking with Lance Armstrong? Yeah, the guy is a little too fruitcake-ish, imo.

They're having a press conference right now where basically every question is "why wasn't thomas fired as well?"

Dimitroff is sitting right next to Blank. Talk about awkward.

Also, what the hell is McKay's job at this point? Does Blank just keep bringing in new GMs and not firing the old ones? Didn't he just hire another former GM to lead the "stadium effort"?

They're having a press conference right now where basically every question is "why wasn't thomas fired as well?"

Dimitroff is sitting right next to Blank. Talk about awkward.

What answers are they giving to that question? I'm guessing the usually PR speak.

What answers are they giving to that question? I'm guessing the usually PR speak.

There has been at atleast 6 questions about TD...LOL. Arthur got a little pissed at Steak for asking

What about those Panthers!!!

Anyway, I don't get the ill will towards Rex Ryan. If you guys think Smitty was dealt a bad hand, it doesn't even compare to what Rex had to deal with the Jets. How many coaches would have lasted as long Rex did with QB that he gotten. Everything that Smitty isn't Rex is with a great ability to coach players up

1 out of 7 ain't bad

Unfortunately, that's exactly how Dimitroff thinks. He'll sell his soul to ensure the first pick is solid, then go home for a nap during rounds 2 through 7. I wonder if he can even name who we drafted in round 7 last year.

Back