Smith fired.

If they go after anything but O and D line they are idiots. If I got 75%+ of what I wanted on O and D line, then I'd get LBers, a TE, and finally look to pick up a RB very last.

Both sides of the line.

DL and LB. The OL may should be in decent shape for next year - Asamoah and Matthews are fine. James Stone could be the answer at C and Hawley/Johnson should both be back. Between those 3 guys we have a C and should be able to start grooming a replacement for Blalock. Schrader is fine as a backup T. Just need an answer at the other starting T whether it's Baker, a draft pick or FA.

I don't know if it has already been discussed here somewhere, but on 680 this morning Steak was saying that he had been told that Thomas wanted to go with a pass rusher and Smith and coaches wanted run stopper instead.

If that is just one example, then Dimwit may have convinced Blank that he knows what players to get, but that Smith wouldn't work with him...

I don't know if it has already been discussed here somewhere, but on 680 this morning Steak was saying that he had been told that Thomas wanted to go with a pass rusher and Smith and coaches wanted run stopper instead.

If that is just one example, then Dimwit may have convinced Blank that he knows what players to get, but that Smith wouldn't work with him...

I was also wondering about this yesterday. Seems there was some weirdness going on behind closed doors that people didn't know about. I always thought Smith was an idiot for downplaying the importance of sacks.

I heard that, too. But we're only talking about this past season. He's had many other opportunities to draft/sign pass rush with limited (Abraham) to no success. The decision to go with run stoppers this year would've been okay if the run stoppers had actually stopped the run. But I guess if Smith/Nolan used their influence to go in that direction (and it clearly backfired) then they had to go.

DL and LB. The OL may should be in decent shape for next year - Asamoah and Matthews are fine. James Stone could be the answer at C and Hawley/Johnson should both be back. Between those 3 guys we have a C and should be able to start grooming a replacement for Blalock. Schrader is fine as a backup T. Just need an answer at the other starting T whether it's Baker, a draft pick or FA.

Yep. OL was playing tight ends at tackle for a while because we ran out of bodies due to injuries. 5 of 9 down for the season. 2 years of rebuilding the OL mid-season means our depth chart there is probably better than it currently looks on paper. Jake Matthews played well and stole Baker's LT slot.

We need a pass rush and better backers. With a healthy OL, scoring has never been a problem for the past several years.

Coons aren't going to get it done outside of free agency. Here again the incompetence of Arthur Blank comes to the fore. He's trying to be something he's not. Arthur's just committed to a gazillion bucks on a new gazillion dollar temple for his ego but he's not facing reality. He's going to have to come up off the change (money for you retards that are all like "I don't understand gnats") in trades and free agency or the Falcons are going to suck hard in Arthur's new temple for the next five years. How can anybody in this town not understand what's going on here? Arthur Blank is a madman. He's going to run this franchise straight into the ground in the pursuit of his ego.

Coons aren't going to get it done outside of free agency. Here again the incompetence of Arthur Blank comes to the fore. He's trying to be something he's not. Arthur's just committed to a gazillion bucks on a new gazillion dollar temple for his ego but he's not facing reality. He's going to have to come up off the change (money for you retards that are all like "I don't understand gnats") in trades and free agency or the Falcons are going to suck hard in Arthur's new temple for the next five years. How can anybody in this town not understand what's going on here? Arthur Blank is a madman. He's going to run this franchise straight into the ground in the pursuit of his ego.

Can't run a pro football team like it is Home Depot. To get the best, you have to pay for the best. Not a lot of pro football players will work for $9 an hour

Back