Smith fired.

Blank thinks he is Jerry Jones. He is a clown and no decent coach is going to work for that guy. They should have fired Dimitroff BEFORE Smith.

Unfortunately, that's exactly how Dimitroff thinks. He'll sell his soul to ensure the first pick is solid, then go home for a nap during rounds 2 through 7. I wonder if he can even name who we drafted in round 7 last year.

Actually he just thinks he is the smartest GM in football and passes up obvious former SEC, ACC, Big10, Big 12 all americans and goes with the guy from Southeastern Winchestertonfieldville State University, you know, the guy that has a ton of upside.

Actually he just thinks he is the smartest GM in football and passes up obvious former SEC, ACC, Big10, Big 12 all americans and goes with the guy from Southeastern Winchestertonfieldville State University, you know, the guy that has a ton of upside.

Obviously shown that he wasn't the brain trust behind the Patriots success.

Mark Richt to the Falcons. Floyd's Barbershop is reporting it, so it must be true.

I hate it for Mike Smith, but I lost confidence in him during the Lions game in London. Also Blank missed his chance to get rid of Dimitroff. Guess there is always next year. :rotfl:

I hate it for Mike Smith, but I lost confidence in him during the Lions game in London. Also Blank missed his chance to get rid of Dimitroff. Guess there is always next year. :rotfl:

He's needs someone to fire next year so people will still be willing to buy PSLs.

15954349007_cf1915caa5_o.jpg

According to Adam Schefter, Dimitroff will stay. Expect another stellar draft...
Dimitroff is the bigger problem. Why any owner wants some slick rick popped collar and hair gel type running his personnel I will never get. Guy doesn't understand how to build a team. You build a team from the trenches back.

Can't see Gruden (really?), Cowher or Dungy wanting to jump into this situation. Way too many holes to fill for Cowher or Dungy to want to get back into the 24/7 cycle that is being an NFL coach from July-February. And they've been away from the film room, locker room, sidelines for a while now. Joe Gibbs' return to the Skins - and he was famous for sleeping at the team facility during the season in his first stint - is an object lesson. The NFL is bad about recycling retreads. Maybe Norv Turner is available then (ducking).

Both lines were garbage and injuries and poor personnel choices just absolutely devastated the O line. You've got a good QB. You've got one great WR and one really, really good one, and Harry Douglas isn't bad, either. But ... Steven Jackson is shot. Much as Michael Turner was as at the end of his Falcons run, so is Jackson. Time to go with Freeman/Rodgers/Smith in the backfield.

Man there have been some bad picks along the D line over the years, too. Jamaal Anderson, the DE? Peria Jerry? Chauncey Davis? Yeesh.

Dimitroff is the bigger problem. Why any owner wants some slick rick popped collar and hair gel type running his personnel I will never get. Guy doesn't understand how to build a team. You build a team from the trenches back.

To nitpick, i dont give a crap how good your lines are if you dont have a QB.

Squandering Ryan is a crime against the football humanity. I aint saying he is Farve or Manning, but dang. Get the man a chance.

I'll reiterate one last time, and put this to rest internally. Cutting John Abraham and Mike Turner for Osi and Steven Jackson was the worst move I've ever heard of. Even without the OL injury bug, we'd have taken a step back.

If we manage to scrape by another draft without getting the pass rush we've needed the last 5 years, I'll be taking pictures of Dimitroff to the range.

To nitpick, i dont give a crap how good your lines are if you dont have a QB.

Squandering Ryan is a crime against the football humanity. I aint saying he is Farve or Manning, but dang. Get the man a chance.
A good line makes a good QB great.

The gaggers are convinced we are going to pick with the first pick.......

:mutthurt:

That would be a stupid pick, but it IS Dimitroff. We don't need a 1st-round RB. Our first pick needs to be all about pass rush. A 3rd-5th round pick can give us a decent RB committee with Freeman.

Back