So how long will it take...

One of the advantages of running in 3rd in long is that we could break off big plays if someone misses an assignment with a 3O.

Another is we did it well.

I don't know what our ceiling on pass pro was, but I know we worked on it at the start of each spring and fall, and then we put it on the back burner. If you want to pass pro well, you need reps. You need backs and (tight) ends that will chip. I don't think we were ever going to dedicate the practice resources we needed to be good at pass pro. So we might as well have shown run.

We should be more balanced moving forward, but game theory would prove to you that you should sometimes run on third and long, just like game theory told us we should have sometimes passed in any situation.

Little ol GT:
LT: 276
LG: 280
C: 307
RG: 325
RT: 282

Avg: 294lbs
Sub in Grad Transfer at RT avg is 300.6

Pitt:
LT- 280
LG- 310
C- 300
RG- 300
RT-310

Avg: 300lbs

Louisville
LT- 357
LG-328
C- 318
RG- 328
RT-301

Avg 326.4lbs

Duke

LT- 295
LG- 285
C- 300
RG- 310
RT- 310

Avg: 300lbs

VT

LT- 297
LG- 310
C- 302
RG- 308
RT- 324

Avg 308

UNC

LT- 300
LG- 300
C- 295
RG- 330
RT- 300

Avg: 305lbs

Miami

LT- 313
LG- 305
C- 300
RG- 300
RT- 300

Avg: 303.6lbs

UVA
LT- 290
LG- 315
C- 305
RG- 315
RT- 308

Avg: 306.6
Thank you – these false narratives have a way of snowballing. And we wonder why it happens on Fox & CNN, when we do it right here everyday ourselves.

OK, I just tried it. I think I did pretty good. I coulda been a contender.

So did I, and that coffee table needs to see Dr Andrews.

But at least the quarterback (played by my recliner) stayed clean.

Also a lot of fun to see your QB's eyes when he remembers pissing you off in practice right after inviting DL or LB to the inside instead of the outside.

Was it little step on inside foot and big step on outside foot or the other way???

I don't think our OL will be a problem. Our guys may give up a few lbs or a few inches in height/wingspan over prototypical guys, but they can bend and are athletic.

DL has been spotty as long as I've been a fan. We'll have great guys like D. Richard, D. Morgan, etc, but no real backups that can spell them without taking a big hit. We lose the whole DL, so I think 3 years at the earliest to have a shot at an above average (for Tech) defensive front line.

Our guards seem to be bigger than our tackles in the 3O. Is it likely they will switch with tackles in the new scheme? I'm sure their footwork will have more to do with which position they are good at. We used 4 point stance for G and T when I was in high school. Passing was pretty rare.

Our guards seem to be bigger than our tackles in the 3O. Is it likely they will switch with tackles in the new scheme? I'm sure their footwork will have more to do with which position they are good at. We used 4 point stance for G and T when I was in high school. Passing was pretty rare.

No.

The answer is that it just depends. We don’t know what their skills are in the new scheme. Bigger doesn’t necessarily mean position move. Having some decent sized guards always helps with moving those yuge DTs.

You’ll see the more athletic (footwork wise) people move to tackle imo.

Back