Someone is leaving Tech

Marcus Wright told me personally last August that he "wasn't going to try anymore" and something to the effect of screw GT/coach, he doesn't care anymore. Generally a poor attitude, so that probably explains why he didn't play much last year (in addition to injury?).

Wow, that sucks. Why is he so upset?

Marcus Wright told me personally last August that he "wasn't going to try anymore" and something to the effect of screw GT/coach, he doesn't care anymore. Generally a poor attitude, so that probably explains why he didn't play much last year (in addition to injury?).

I know his attitude sucked and he was in the doghouse so it wouldn't surprise me.

Or the fact that we have 6 guys (Roddy, Orwin, Embry, Tony Z, Hill, and Godhigh) that are better than him anyway.

Agreed, but his attitude definitely didn't help. CPJ probably deals less with the "me" attitude players than someone like CMR would.

Wow, that sucks. Why is he so upset?

Not sure, I guess due to competition or just laziness. This was at an on campus party, but it was by far worse than anything I have ever heard from another player (including Claytor). Not surprisingly, Roddy Jones has a great attitude about the team, even after last year. And he was recruited by Gailey, unlike Marcus Wright.

Not sure, I guess due to competition or just laziness. This was at an on campus party, but it was by far worse than anything I have ever heard from another player (including Claytor). Not surprisingly, Roddy Jones has a great attitude about the team, even after last year. And he was recruited by Gailey, unlike Marcus Wright.

Well, if he said it last August, it might have been related to Orwin Smith and BJ Bostic impressing. He might have expected to be getting more playing time with Ant moving over to B-Back.

If true, I really hate to hear that. I enjoyed watching Marcus when he first started playing and remember an exciting 32 yard run against FSU in the home game that we won. He was also a pretty good blocker for his size, I don't understand what might have changed for him.

This is all speculation on Marcus Wright on my part. I was not at the same party as lanierjacket, but you had to know Wright must have been in PJ's doghouse pretty good considering he's one of our best blockers and didn't play any meaningful time last year.

Write a comment...
Ryan Ayers
u gonna miss me when I'm gone

app_2_2254487659_1473.gif
49 minutes ago via BlackBerry · Like ·

• 3 people like this.

• Write a comment...

It wouldn't surprise me.
I mean, the kid ran for a billion yards in HS, then he gets to Tech and runs for 250 in 3 years, before getting dropped to 8th on the depth chart.
I don't know if it is him, but I understand the frustration if it is.

Ehhh.

Best of luck to him. Haven't heard his name much from any of the insiders. Pretty sure his slight frame doesn't fit very well with the 3-4 very well and he is and will remain behind Young and Sweeting for his entire time here. No need to overreact here. At least it frees up a scholarship now for this upcoming small class.

I guess we will eventually get down to the "hard core" players that want to be at GT.

1969, 1989 were turnaround years, we need another soon.

I was looking forward to seeing what Ayers was going to bring to the table. If he's transferring because he's a second stringer as a RS-Fr, then that is pretty short sighted. Play behind Sweeting for 2 years and then have 2 years to start. He'd see the field a lot if any one of 3 guys gets injured.

All you guys saying he's too "this" or too "that" make no sense to me. He's on the second string with a 5th year senior. The starters haven't seen the field a ton and are a Sophomore and a Junior. Its not like he's our 5th option out there. He's a young talent.

You don't build depth by opening up scholarships for the next class. When you don't have depth, you end up with Matt Ryan having his way with Pat Clark.

Next year, we'll have a senior and a junior starting and either a true Freshman, RS-Fr, or somebody else moving over to CB.

I was looking forward to seeing what Ayers was going to bring to the table. If he's transferring because he's a second stringer as a RS-Fr, then that is pretty short sighted. Play behind Sweeting for 2 years and then have 2 years to start. He'd see the field a lot if any one of 3 guys gets injured.

All you guys saying he's too "this" or too "that" make no sense to me. He's on the second string with a 5th year senior. The starters haven't seen the field a ton and are a Sophomore and a Junior. Its not like he's our 5th option out there. He's a young talent.

You don't build depth by opening up scholarships for the next class. When you don't have depth, you end up with Matt Ryan having his way with Pat Clark.

Next year, we'll have a senior and a junior starting and either a true Freshman, RS-Fr, or somebody else moving over to CB.

I agree with this. I expect Ayers would've been playing a lot this year, we rely on 2-deep a lot at corner.

I was looking forward to seeing what Ayers was going to bring to the table. If he's transferring because he's a second stringer as a RS-Fr, then that is pretty short sighted. He was an academic exception, so maybe this was a factor too. GT isn't for everyone and perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and wasn't willing to put in the work required. Play behind Sweeting for 2 years and then have 2 years to start. He'd see the field a lot if any one of 3 guys gets injured. That is assuming that he wasn't about to get jumped on the depth chart by harder workers.

All you guys saying he's too "this" or too "that" make no sense to me. He's on the second string with a 5th year senior. The starters haven't seen the field a ton and are a Sophomore and a Junior. Its not like he's our 5th option out there. He's a young talent. Young talent who has done nothing to distinguish himself at practice. He had hype and stars based on his speed. Hasn't shown much yet and it isn't like he is transferring to Bama. Going the FCS route? Makes you go hmmmm....

You don't build depth by opening up scholarships for the next class. Or look at the Bama model and cut the potential dead weight (players who will never be starters) early to free up more scholarships. If a player with questionable work ethic and who likely will never crack the top 3 at CB wants to leave, "See ya and I'll even help you pack." When you don't have depth, you end up with Matt Ryan having his way with Pat Clark. Luckily the Falcons aren't on the schedule next year. :wink:

Next year, we'll have a senior and a junior starting and either a true Freshman, RS-Fr, or somebody else moving over to CB. J. Thomas has CB potential.

I'm not worried about this one bit. :dunno:

Back