Someone is leaving Tech

Good bet. He can't be happy with where he has ended up. Lots of disgruntled QBs so far.

PJ likes to recruit QBs because normally they are the best athletes on the field at their respective high schools. It's no secret that QBs also expect to play pretty soon and some are unwilling to move positions. Can you imagine Luallen or Shaw playing AB or anywhere else? No.

It's a bit of a risk but a lot of schools lose QBs. If you have 4 QBs on the roster chances are one will leave each year. See Logan Gray at UGA, Starr at Bama, Marve at the U, ect.

It's not a slight but that's just the nature of the position. Once you find one good one chances are they play 3 to 4 years and that'll be the nail in the coffin for that 3rd Zoe 4th QB on the chart. You move on.

Why TJ? He stands to have substantial PT at NT this year. We would be genuinely screwed if he left.

I think it is going to be either Sims, Wright or TJ Barnes

Doubt it. If he was gonna transfer it would have been a couple years ago when he realized he really wasn't all that great. But he got through that and made himself better and now is actually pretty good.

He is a sure starter next year and will see significant time this year. I think Barnes might even be starting by the end of the season if he keeps improving. Walls has hit a ceiling physically in my opinion.

Based on Spring Practice, Ayers was not a factor. He was actually playing with the third and fourth groups in mop up situations. I remember in the spring game, he actually wore a white jersey without a number because they switched him from the gold to the white team at the last minute. I think he finally got on the field in the last series. He just did not look like a D1 level college football player.

Rocker has made a special teams tackle or two over his 4 years on the flats, so I would not say his absence will be felt in any sort of significant fashion.

I think both these guys are examples of high school stars that just did not translate to college level talent.

I like to see slots open up for other possibilities for the team. I think an upgrade from these 2 would not be too much of a difficult proposition.

Go Jackets!

Oh and WTF is happening with Denzel?! I've been looking forward to seeing him on the field, anywhere... somewhere.

Has he taken a single snap yet anywhere?

Must be really a serious medical issue.

If Noble plays CB I think he will be better than Ayers..But I think he will end up at Safety. Golden is slotted at CB and Chris Milton might get a look there at well. I am not worried about our CB group at all...

I'm going to laugh if it's Chris Jackson.

I'm going to laugh if it's Chris Jackson.

I suppose that is possible but I hope that it is not true. Last I heard he has been making the effort to get back onto the team and had convinced CPJ that he was going to do what was needed to do so.

If he has been putting forth the proper effort and progress he could end up being a pleasant surprise at WR. We certainly need for someone to do something positive at that position.

Back