Someone is leaving Tech

Damn sure hope of ain't sims. He might not be our qb but kid does have serious game.

Yep. If it is Sims, it seems like the coaching staff definitely tried to find a place for him--not sure what more could have been done. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do at BB.

Or look at the Bama model and cut the potential dead weight (players who will never be starters) early to free up more scholarships.

I'm not worried about this one bit. :dunno:

Not really the Bama model. The dead weight aren't cut to free scholarships, they are cut because there aren't any scholarships for them to begin with (plays 86-100).

I was curious what people said about Ayers back around he committed. hiveredtech gets points for a good assessment:

hiveredtech said:
Bostic appears a bit more instinctive and powerful (i.e. powerful is different than strong). Ayers could have some trouble jamming WR's. That can remedied in the weight room. It is just my opinion that Bostic is closer to field ready, but i certainly could be wrong...I am not a GT coach!

LizellaJacket said:
Ayers is small. I stood beside him at the Spring Game. I'm 5'9 and he was shorter than me.

Marcus Wright told me personally last August that he "wasn't going to try anymore" and something to the effect of screw GT/coach, he doesn't care anymore. Generally a poor attitude, so that probably explains why he didn't play much last year (in addition to injury?).

I noticed in the media guide he gave the least answers to personal questions of anybody. That's consistent with not giving a öööö. Wonder what his deal is, he was playing well for us.

Nothng worse than people who post the "i have information" thread but dont tell it.

Guess you have to feel important somehow

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Nothng worse than people who post the "i have information" thread but dont tell it.

Guess you have to feel important somehow

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
It is up to the player to release the information...and I sure as heck did not start this entire discussion. All I said is that it is correct that there are two in addition to Rocker...one of which is Ayers.

It is not my place to mess with someones personal life. I will say he is not a starter...and he is not disgruntled or anything like that.

It is up to the player to release the information...and I sure as heck did not start this entire discussion. All I said is that it is correct that there are two in addition to Rocker...one of which is Ayers.

It is not my place to mess with someones personal life. I will say he is not a starter...and he is not disgruntled or anything like that.

Do you know when the other name will be released?

Can you tell us that it is not David Sims?

I have created a Guess Who board with all Tech players. I just pushed down all the starters. Your comment about not being disgruntled eliminates Wright.

Based on Spring Practice, Ayers was not a factor. He was actually playing with the third and fourth groups in mop up situations. I remember in the spring game, he actually wore a white jersey without a number because they switched him from the gold to the white team at the last minute. I think he finally got on the field in the last series. He just did not look like a D1 level college football player.

Rocker has made a special teams tackle or two over his 4 years on the flats, so I would not say his absence will be felt in any sort of significant fashion.

I think both these guys are examples of high school stars that just did not translate to college level talent.

I like to see slots open up for other possibilities for the team. I think an upgrade from these 2 would not be too much of a difficult proposition.

Go Jackets!

Albert is a nice guy and put out effort but a CLASSIC case of a REACH in recruiting..In hi school he was a good 210 lb DEF END .So he had to put on 25 lbs AND learn a completely new position.
When I suggested this then I was lambasted for being negative. hmmmmm

Albert is a nice guy and put out effort but a CLASSIC case of a REACH in recruiting..In hi school he was a good 210 lb DEF END .So he had to put on 25 lbs AND learn a completely new position.
When I suggested this then I was lambasted for being negative. hmmmmm

Wasn't Rocker recruited (and made a commitment) when Gailey and Tenuta were still here? I thought Rocker's film looked pretty good as an edge player and pass rusher (ie DEnd). That skill set would've fit well as a Sam backer in Tenuta's scheme. I felt the same way about Brad Jefferson. Both those guys could've had better production in that role, imo. Not space players but edge players with good blitz skills.

Phillip Wheeler was also recruited as a 210lb, DE without any "star" hype.

alaGold you didn't call it a 'reach', here is your comment when he committed:

He plays on a team near me.Strong large program in n.Ala,top 15 in state probably.He is just one of their stars.Will be a LB in college.Super quick/fast for DE but will need to learn LB position in college.

alaGold you didn't call it a 'reach', here is your comment when he committed:
served.jpg

So why mention it?

Classic case of what I referred to.

So why mention it?

Classic case of what I referred to.

Seems to me he's just giving his fellow fans as much relevant information as he can and should. He was answering questions the best way he could without going too far. He knows more than you and is giving you as much appropriate info as he can. Why get upset?

I guess you're saying you'd rather not know anything than know something (though not everything). If that's the case, that's fine, but no need to go accusing or call for the cutting off of all information for the rest of us who would rather know something than nothing.

Seems to me he's just giving his fellow fans as much relevant information as he can and should. He was answering questions the best way he could without going too far. He knows more than you and is giving you as much appropriate info as he can. Why get upset?

:facepalm::facepalm:

Rocker graduates and leaves - good luck and best wishes. Might have wished we had known a bit sooner. Ayers was someone we recruited and liked - leaving for Liberty is not good news. Maybe he had developed slower than coaches wanted, but we could use him at CB. The mystery departure is one I hope will not be Sims. In mop up duty as a 3rd string QB we saw him on the field, and he ran great. Somehow I think he is a guy who will play well in a game if he gets a chance. The bright side on this is the opening of a couple of more scholarships for next year.

Rocker graduates and leaves - good luck and best wishes. Might have wished we had known a bit sooner. Ayers was someone we recruited and liked - leaving for Liberty is not good news. Maybe he had developed slower than coaches wanted, but we could use him at CB. The mystery departure is one I hope will not be Sims. In mop up duty as a 3rd string QB we saw him on the field, and he ran great. Somehow I think he is a guy who will play well in a game if he gets a chance. The bright side on this is the opening of a couple of more scholarships for next year.

Once again, why we are bozos for not booking completely or overbooking when recruiting. Every year, every single year....

Back