Spring Game = White & Gold Game

Not bad half. I like both Qb, still need more work on their throws. WR were extremely good catching the ball early. Online needs more work and DL needs more work. I like though that this is practice and exhibition. 4Lb?

C'mon guys....Coach Collins had said practices and team meeting start at 29 minutes vs 30 because our opening game is August 29 and he wants the players thinking about it in everything they are doing.

Saw a few made up explanations early in this thread.

James Graham looked nice. Lucas looked nice. Receivers looked nice. Running backs looked nice. Defense not so much but hard to understand how to interpret the spring game. Am I happy with the offense or disappointed in the defense? Neither, happy to be in Bobby Dodd on a beautiful night with my daughter. Very excited for the future.

The white/gold/gold was legit even more hideous in person than the pictures I’ve seen floating around.

I can live with either QB. Lucas was definitely much more likely to take his check down and keep it moving. Didn't really push the ball down the field, but I'm not sure the O-line blocks it up well enough to really push the ball down the field consistently. Graham showed surprising touch on his first TD pass bomb and he's got great speed and athleticism. Downside is, because he's so athletic, he was holding onto the ball too much instead of doing what Lucas was doing and taking his check downs and keeping it moving.

O-line was not good. D-line was not good against the run. But, it is a glorified touch football scrimmage. O-line definitely worries me more of the two.

How about the first play of the game?

Lined up with 2 A-backs, changes formations into a shotgun then has Lucas Johnson rip one up the seam to our TE.

Pretty cool stuff.

Back