Spring game.

I think this depends on the position of the pitch key. If the dive and pitch key are blitzing, the pitch is the right move. Vad never really figured that out.

Yes he did. You cover up and fall down.

I just watched it. Looks like the D has the O's number. Notice how the LB's know how to shoot the gap on the non-play side and blow up the option by getting the QB from behind.

This O needs some more thought.

Except JT didn't get hurt on a sack or scramble/tackle for loss. He got hurt at the end of a huge run. He probably just landed on his shoulder awkwardly and was held out as a precaution. In fact, CPJ said if this was in season, he would have played. He also said he wanted to play but told him no.

I don't buy that for one second. IF JT was able to go he would have played. Same for Custis. CPJ has said many times you got to play with some pain. He usually takes a poke at a kids toughness if he is medically cleared but chooses not too. I don't think they were medically cleared IMO.

I saw a comment somewhere that the conditions were sloppy enough that they were concerned about worsening a minor injury. Not worth the risk for a spring game that doesn't mean anything.

[/COLOR]

I don't buy that for one second. IF JT was able to go he would have played. Same for Custis. CPJ has said many times you got to play with some pain. He usually takes a poke at a kids toughness if he is medically cleared but chooses not too. I don't think they were medically cleared IMO.

I saw a comment somewhere that the conditions were sloppy enough that they were concerned about worsening a minor injury. Not worth the risk for a spring game that doesn't mean anything.

"Justin is OK and he wanted to play," Johnson said. "Given the conditions there wasn't any use for him to play and it gave an opportunity for Tim (Byerly) and Ty (Griffin) to get more snaps."

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041814aae.html

The offense was very sloppy. I just hope it was due to the field conditions. Highlights of the offense would make an entertaining comedy of errors reel set to Benny Hill music on YouTube.

Yes he did. You cover up and fall down.

First of all, JJacket, I'm not aiming this at you. But your point you made in jest reminded me of something that irks me:

One of the down sides of practices being closed now is that people don't get to hear what is being taught to the players. However, the first few years CPJ was here, the first 2 weeks of practice were open.

One thing I learned is that a lot of you don't know what's being taught to our QB's. Because the one thing I heard them drill to the QBs over & over & over was this:

-If you don't give to the B-back and start outside, find your pitch key. IF THE PITCH MIGHT BE COMPROMISED IN ANY WAY, YOU KEEP THE BALL....DO NOT PITCH!!! And they would also tell them that the priority for the QB in that situation is to avoid taking bad hits.

Now I'm not saying that Vad didn't wuss out on a few hits last year. But quite often I sit at games and there's a guy out there who might potentially intercept the pitch or possibly flatten the A-back as he's receiving the pitch and fans behind me are screaming, "You should have pitched, you dumbass!" Umm...no, he was doing what his coach taught him to do. Take the negative play if you have to and worst case, we punt the football. But we don't turn the ball over.

[/COLOR]

This is the dumbest thing I've seen on this board in a long time. It's the freaking Spring Game, man.

This is the dumbest thing I've seen on this board in a long time. It's the freaking Spring Game, man.

Spring game or not. If you are cleared to play...you play. Don't be a A-hole. Guys are fighting for playing time and the last thing JT wanted was to have TB blow his A$$ out of the water.

I just watched it. Looks like the D has the O's number. Notice how the LB's know how to shoot the gap on the non-play side and blow up the option by getting the QB from behind.

This O needs some more thought.

Ha! you're last sentence made me lol. You do remember that we have an "offensive genius" for a coach! Just ask him.

Welcome to the last 30 years of tech football.

The outliers being 98-00 with joeham at the helm. Maybe JT can be that guy....

Was this comment based on last nights spring game?

Nope, I said that in that we are losing SIX Srs starters on DEf and are rebuilding our Oline with a NEW QB. otoh-we are playing an average schedule -so we may "muddle-through":bowrofl:

Ha! you're last sentence made me lol. You do remember that we have an "offensive genius" for a coach! Just ask him.

You switched up your brand of trolling. Well played my friend, keeping it fresh.

Spring game or not. If you are cleared to play...you play. Don't be a A-hole. Guys are fighting for playing time and the last thing JT wanted was to have TB blow his A$$ out of the water.

We host one of the few Spring Games in which the QB is even allowed to get hit. That's for a reason. JT is going to be our starter and Travis is going to see significant time as well. Risking further injury during a monsoon wouldn't have been a smart move. If JT had played and had gotten hurt, you'd be complaining that he shouldn't have been in the game. I don't even really see the logical argument here.

the last thing JT wanted was to have TB blow his A$$ out of the water.

Are you kidding me? I don't think TB blew anyone's ass out of the water. He looked serviceable (as in if there is no one better I guess we will play him). If that is all Tech has to offer at QB, it will be a long angst ridden season.

Are you kidding me? I don't think TB blew anyone's ass out of the water. He looked serviceable (as in if there is no one better I guess we will play him). If that is all Tech has to offer at QB, it will be a long angst ridden season.

Pretty sure people said that about Tevin too.

Back