Spring game.

Just reading the comments. Have you guys watched any of the spring game or just making öööö up because Byerly is our third string qb from last year? The guy is tough, makes good reads, decent arm and always fighting for that extra yard. He's not your super star that will break an 80 yard run but he's getting those 4-5 yards and breaking for 10-15. He's consistent, and not afraid. That's more than we can say about any qb we've had since Nesbitt. Put him behind an OL that's doing better than last year's, he's going to be the best qb we've had under CPJ. And here's another thing. I'm not worried about Byerly taking a hit and sitting out for the rest of the season.

I'm not going to make a prediction for the season, I just think we're in for some pleasant surprises with Byerly under center and Laskey behind him.

I agree with this a-hole.

The long fumble return for a TD was definitely caused by the defense.

My only complaint about Byerly is that on 3O plays, where he pitches to the AB, it's like he doesn't take any steps after pulling the mesh. In other words he meshes to the BB, pulls, turns his hips, sees the A-Back then pitches without taking a step. Seems like that takes away one of the options of the 3O if the QB isn't even going to make the defense choose a player to cover.

I am not a big believer in the idea that JT will be easily injured due to his size, but I'm not sure he can get the bruising yards we will need if the OL doesn't improve. In order to move the chains with this offense, the QB has to be able to muscle his way into a crease for 3 yards and take what he can get. With better blocking, a JT-type QB would be the more dynamic guy under center, but we might benefit more from Byerly's style this year, the way we match up against the better teams.

Byerly will get snaps this year as a #2 QB, probably more in the short yard situation for those tough yards.

LOL, Sean Bedford rocking his ACC Championship ring. He really meant it when he said they'd have to pry it from his cold, dead, finger.

The defense was definitely guessing the plays. There were a few plays where we had a slot receiver in and the defense left him uncovered, apparently knowing which play was about to be run. I hope we allow the QB to make a hot read and quick snap. Perhaps the audible can be called "Omaha"

We are looking at starting our 3rd string quarterback from last year, lost our two (hands down) best defensive players, and start probably the worst right tackle in college football. The weather isn't everything that hurt attendance. The fact that we are going to suck balls this year also had something to do with it.

When I started this thread, I didn't expect it to go this long, and if I had known it were necessary, I would have said no bitches allowed. So gtfo!

This years defense will be better than last year. You do realize that players graduate don't you?

I like our secondary and Gotsis on the line. Concerned about linebacker and everyone else not named Gotsis on DL.

I think we'll be "ok" on defense but losing Attaochu and Jemea Thomas (our 3 biggest playmakers the last 3 seasons) isn't something you replace easily at Tech.

When I started this thread, I didn't expect it to go this long, and if I had known it were necessary, I would have said no bitches allowed. So gtfo!

If you don't like differing opinions, what the hell you doing on here?

Watching replay on CSS: Byerly can def run the 3O better than Vad. But it doesn't change the fact I'm not overly excited about our season. I haven't looked less forward to a GT football season since 07'.

It will be a "muddle-on" season with our lack of depth at some spots making injuries maybe the key factor.

Welcome to the last 30 years of tech football.

The outliers being 98-00 with joeham at the helm. Maybe JT can be that guy....

Was this comment based on last nights spring game?

If you don't like differing opinions, what the hell you doing on here?

I get on this site to hear about recruiting, insights and news on what is going on with players regarding attrition and injuries and to find other information about our program. This particular thread I was trying to find a way to watch the game due to the fact that I dont have cable.

I don't get on here to have our "fans" say that we are going to suck this year based on a freaking spring game played in miserable weather. Keep that stupid ööööing opinion to yourself.

If you want to start a "why we're going to suck this year" thread go for it.

I get on this site to hear about recruiting, insights and news on what is going on with players regarding attrition and injuries and to find other information about our program. This particular thread I was trying to find a way to watch the game due to the fact that I dont have cable.

I don't get on here to have our "fans" say that we are going to suck this year based on a freaking spring game played in miserable weather. Keep that stupid ööööing opinion to yourself.

If you want to start a "why we're going to suck this year" thread go for it.

In all honesty guy, if you're here for those reasons you really are in the wrong place. Someone's always gonna be bitching about something. Like you're doing right now.

My only complaint about Byerly is that on 3O plays, where he pitches to the AB, it's like he doesn't take any steps after pulling the mesh. In other words he meshes to the BB, pulls, turns his hips, sees the A-Back then pitches without taking a step. Seems like that takes away one of the options of the 3O if the QB isn't even going to make the defense choose a player to cover.

I think this depends on the position of the pitch key. If the dive and pitch key are blitzing, the pitch is the right move. Vad never really figured that out.

In all honesty guy, if you're here for those reasons you really are in the wrong place. Someone's always gonna be bitching about something. Like you're doing right now.

It's one of the only things that I complain about. Other people bitching/complaining. Ironic-yes. Useful-nope.

We had Tevin for 3 years and still made a bowl. 'Nuff said.

You can insert someone completely unathletic into QB in our offense. As long as he knows how to make option reads, he'll scrape by.
Yeah and he may just "scrape by" to the most rushing td's by a qb in the ACC, ever. Nah, that'll never happen.

JT got injured during scrimmage and missed the spring game. What do y'all think Miami, Clemson, uga, or even Southern DLine's gonna do to him when our oline breaks in spectacular fashion and he's running for his life. I really don't see him as the starter in this offense in the fall and if he is I will be very worried about him getting injured.

Except JT didn't get hurt on a sack or scramble/tackle for loss. He got hurt at the end of a huge run. He probably just landed on his shoulder awkwardly and was held out as a precaution. In fact, CPJ said if this was in season, he would have played. He also said he wanted to play but told him no.

Back