Starting QB Saturday is need to know only

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Maybe they’re taking our advice and throwing in a 2 back set - only they went with 2 quarterbacks instead of running backs.

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house
Can we get Domineck in for some reps at QB? He can throw some stiff arms into the Clemson DEs that will be living in our backfield.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
One way or the other, someone gonna bitch about it. If Yates starts and doesn't ball out, you guys will bitch at the decision. If Sims starts and doesn't ball out, you guys will bitch at the decision. If Gibbs has less that 100 yards, you guys will bitch about the OL.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
All I know is that if by some miracle we are salting away this game late in the 4th quarter, we need to put Shanahan in at QB.

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
I’ll only be miffed if Sims starts, unless it’s due to Yates being injured. Yates has earned the start and played extremely well when Pnut called plays designed around his strengths. If he doesn’t get anything out of the first 3-4 possessions, then throw Sims in to see what he can do.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I’ll only be miffed if Sims starts, unless it’s due to Yates being injured. Yates has earned the start and played extremely well when Pnut called plays designed around his strengths. If he doesn’t get anything out of the first 3-4 possessions, then throw Sims in to see what he can do.
What if Sims comes out on fire)

clapper

Dodd-Like
The smart thing to me would be to start Yates. With Sims coming off a bad quarter and an injury, I'd let Yates take it. If he plays well, you keep starting him and let Sims have a softer reset. Sims doesn't risk re-injury or perceived failure, because either one leads to Yates starting after that anyway.