Still on board, who's with me?

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I'll be here pulling for our coach until he's gone and the next one comes along. Then, I'll pull for him as well.
Turns out, the name on the front of the shirt means more to me than the name on the back...or on the coach's office door.
Hell Yeah!

FLTech

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I've seen every post imaginable, and all of them suck. In all of your drivel, none has had the stones to make this post yet, though. In fact few will follow me, and with my words I will divide rather than unite. Such is the nature of truth and reason.

We have a coach who appeals to recruits, embraces what GT is, and wants to be here. We have to give him time, and never mind all of the knee-jerk, emotional, alcohol-fueled, profanity laced idiots on this board. It will become apparent in time if Geoff has the necessary substance to back up his dreams.

He also appealed to and won over quality coaches who previously had good gigs, like Brent Key, Tashard Choice, and several others. He has coached a lot of football at big colleges and not been run off, and has proven to be a fine defensive coach. He's not an offensive mind, but he doesn't need to be. His job is to find and hire that guy. It could still be the guy he has; it's hard for me to judge given this offensive line.

Sure, Geoff is a marketer and branding guy, but isn't that the game today? Isn't that Dabo? In any organization you have to set the vision for where you are headed. The vision is that GT is going to become an elite program, and I have no doubt that Geoff is sincere in driving for that.

So I'm with him, and I'm with GT. Who's with me??

I wore my GT Polo to work today.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I've seen every post imaginable, and all of them suck. In all of your drivel, none has had the stones to make this post yet, though. In fact few will follow me, and with my words I will divide rather than unite. Such is the nature of truth and reason.

We have a coach who appeals to recruits, embraces what GT is, and wants to be here. We have to give him time, and never mind all of the knee-jerk, emotional, alcohol-fueled, profanity laced idiots on this board. It will become apparent in time if Geoff has the necessary substance to back up his dreams.

He also appealed to and won over quality coaches who previously had good gigs, like Brent Key, Tashard Choice, and several others. He has coached a lot of football at big colleges and not been run off, and has proven to be a fine defensive coach. He's not an offensive mind, but he doesn't need to be. His job is to find and hire that guy. It could still be the guy he has; it's hard for me to judge given this offensive line.

Sure, Geoff is a marketer and branding guy, but isn't that the game today? Isn't that Dabo? In any organization you have to set the vision for where you are headed. The vision is that GT is going to become an elite program, and I have no doubt that Geoff is sincere in driving for that.

So I'm with him, and I'm with GT. Who's with me??
Someone find me a brick wall, I'm ready to run through it!

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
What did he say?
Said that there were reasons for the loss that he is keeping in the locker room. Lots of smoke around the idea that the players slacked in practice. The players interviewed post game came out and said it, as well.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Said that there were reasons for the loss that he is keeping in the locker room. Lots of smoke around the idea that the players slacked in practice. The players interviewed post game came out and said it, as well.
This team should have been able to miss practice all week and still beat the Citadel.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Not me. Plan to cancel Sling today. Not paying for this trash
I'll tune back in when/if the team is worth a damn
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. We'll give a damn about when/if...oh who am I fooling...I don't give damn whether you stay or go.
Either you're a Yellow Jacket or you're not. You just checked the "not" button. See ya.

H-town

Helluva Engineer
I'm in. Didn't watch the game this week cause I was fishing in Alaska, so not sure what my feelings would be like if I did watch. But I'm certainly not willing to fire a guy 3 games into a major turnaround like some are. Pretty sure CGC knows a lot more about football than Ed Sawyer or veerbone or Russian "Hallmark Channel" Offense.

Sure, there's problems, but they are all fixable. He gets 4 years to get the ship righted. I was at Tech during Bill Lewis, and Collins is not Bill Lewis.

I would like to see the QB roll out of the pocket more, like the Chiefs do. Mason needs to have the ball in his hands 60% of the snaps. Maybe simplify the O play book and execute a few plays well rather than a bunch poorly.

ATLVol84

Varsity Lurker
"Sure, Geoff is a marketer and branding guy, but isn't that the game today? Isn't that Dabo? In any organization you have to set the vision for where you are headed. The vision is that GT is going to become an elite program, and I have no doubt that Geoff is sincere in driving for that."

Dabo is a marketer and branding guy; but beyond that he has surrounded himself with great coordinators. I don't think most here are convinced Geoff has done that.
Butch Jones was also a marketer and branding guy.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I would like to see the QB roll out of the pocket more, like the Chiefs do.
Minor point, we had a simple roll out in the 1st quarter, 7-10 yard pass and missed it by a mile. I'm sure the coaches thought: this is an easy pass to settle the QB into the game.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
But I'm certainly not willing to fire a guy 3 games into a major turnaround like some are. Pretty sure CGC knows a lot more about football than Ed Sawyer. ...
I don't want Geoff Collins or Dave Patenaude fired. Anyone who wants to fire coaches three games into their first season is either dumb or a melodramatic bitch.

But criticism is fair game, and I've given them my fair share of criticism. And to be fair, the criticism has been warranted.

So, yes, I've expressed my share of schadenfreude at Geoff & Co. for all of their "changing the culture" öööö talking and then going out doing things that Paul Johnson didn't do, such as losing to FCS teams, giving up multiple 300+rushing games, losing by 38, giving up 8.4 yards per carry, etc.

But I don't cheer for Geoff to lose. I want Tech to win every game. I'm just hoping Geoff doesn't need a full roster turnover before we see Tech go to another bowl game again.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
I look at what Collins left at Temple and what PJ left here and they are night and day. I would take Temple's roster over ours and it's not even close. Temple was trash before Collins so he can rebuild pretty quickly. You have to pretty much be a PJ homer to not at least understand this transition was going to have us get much worse before it can get better. It will probably even take longer than his Temple rebuild.
Temple went 10-4 the year before Collins got there.
Number of 4 stars currently on Temple roster: 1 (signed in 2016).
Number of 3 stars recruited by Collins in two years there: 13. To go with 18 2-stars in his last full class.
Number of 4 stars on Tech roster: 8. 7 were PJ commits. And that doesn't include defections such as Gentry Bonds and Jordan Woods. We also had 15 2 stars sign collectively from 2016-18, but some of them also have left.

I'll take our roster.
Where Temple does have the upper hand is in the number of graduate players. They have six. But they also have only 13 seniors, redshirt and true, on the roster.

ATLVol84

Varsity Lurker
Go back to cheering for Georgia State...err, I mean the Vols.
I just remember how a lot of our fans were comparing Butch to Dabo at the time, saying how they were both the CEO type coaches who specialize in the marketing and recruiting side of things. When I saw the OP’s post, it reminded me of how our fans originally tried to sell Butch. And to be honest, Collins does remind me of Butch in a lot of ways. Like the weightlifting on the sidelines....I could totally see Butch doing that! But I actually do think that Collins will end up being pretty successful with you guys in the long run. Just because he is similar to Butch in some ways doesn’t mean he’s destined to suffer the same fate.

theStingT

Varsity Lurker
Not sure if this was deliberate or a Freudian slip but very funny either way
Hee hee...my auto fill changed it to liver for some reason so I left it as I'm sure those teams put some wear on mine.

FatJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the need for patience. But, the idea that Temple was trash before Collins is an inaccuracy I hear repeated often. Temple was a nothing program until Al Golden. In his last two years the Owls won 9 and then 10 games. Addazio came in and had one good year and then a disaster. Matt Ruhle took over and things were really low. He did a great job. Before going to Baylor Temple won 10 games each in ‘15 and ‘16. Collins took over and the win totals dropped to 7 and then 8 games. He did well, but he did not rebuild at Temple.
This is correct. Let me also add that Adazio is an Ass.

FatJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah but Johnson damn sure did break our continuous bowl games streak that even someone so sucky as Chan Gailey maintained...with one less regular season game per year to hit the needed 6 wins.
Returning to Shreveport on Christmas is not a goal for the players. It is a punishment. If you want a game in Shreveport, umlaut you idiot.