Student tickets sold out for UVA

Can you give them to non-students?

beej67,
nonstudent who wouldn't mind sitting in the student section for a game
I still have my current looking Buzzcard, but if they scan them now, it won't work. And as long as they don't assign seating in the South End student section, I don't see why you can't simply walk down there, Beej. I wouldn't want to spend the game in any other section. The North End is for frats and swarm. The South End is for assholes and people who enjoy being assholes. It's also for people who prefer to stand.

As for getting tickets, if you didn't show up at 7 AM on Monday morning, quit bitching. You failed in your dedication to Georgia Tech athletics, and are paying the price.

Allen,
Spent more then one Sunday night on the corner of Techwood and Bobbdy Dodd in the Fall.

Allen I have met a lot of people in the past who camped out and didn't get tickets because the people in the front had a ton of vouchers. (they allow 200 per person or something ridiculous) They need to get that down to 10 per person, screw blocks if they can't bring people to wait for their tickets.

Both north and south student sections usually stand. And you can get to the south student section from north by walking along the concessions on street level along techwood.

As for getting tickets, if you didn't show up at 7 AM on Monday morning, quit bitching. You failed in your dedication to Georgia Tech athletics, and are paying the price.

Allen,
Spent more then one Sunday night on the corner of Techwood and Bobbdy Dodd in the Fall.[/quote]

ive spent my time on sunday nights for tickets but like i said before some of us actually work...

ive spent my time on sunday nights for tickets but like i said before some of us actually work...

Just get a friend to do it for you. Unfortunately they allow you to exchange an unlimited amount of vouchers. Personally I think there should be a limit of four per person, just like when you camp out for seating.

This sounds like a problem with priorities. Unless you're working to afford beer. Then I'd understand.

actually i co op so its to pay for school but yeah. and i did get someone else to do it but they have class and normally get them. i guess he underestimated the turnout.

I have a set of student tickets a friend still in school gets me, and I planned on using my ID to get in all season, but I ended up buying a ticket to the GW game b/c of the new scanning policy.

BUT, my friend told me the scanning idea was a disaster and they're NOT doing it for UVA, and may not do it again all year.

Any other students heard anything like this?

Keeping my fingers crossed...

I have a set of student tickets a friend still in school gets me, and I planned on using my ID to get in all season, but I ended up buying a ticket to the GW game b/c of the new scanning policy.

BUT, my friend told me the scanning idea was a disaster and they're NOT doing it for UVA, and may not do it again all year.

Any other students heard anything like this?

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Yes. The guys doing it told us that GW was a test run and there were no solid plans to use it the rest of the season. We all complained loudly about it, so here's hoping that they start using it only for the U[sic]GA and Clemson games.

I think frats are not too bad. The grad school blocks are much worse, grads get priority but half of the block usually doesn't even care about the game even remotely or have a clue about GT football.

Grads get priority? How so?

Whats so difficult about making some friends and forming a block? You don't have to be in a fraternity or anything else to form one and it has a lot of advantages, just takes a little organization that you GDIs might not have :)

Grads get priority? How so?
they set aside 1000-2000 tickets for grads. I don't remember the exact number. But until tuesday only graduate students can pick up those allocated tickets.

Grads negotiated this when school decided to increase athletic fees 2 years back. They are smart and more organized. But lousy football fans.

Well believe it or not, some of us students here are not as stupid as you think. There hasn't been a game yet that we haven't gotten a block. Co-oping has put a damper on my camping this year, but vouchers have been given to a roommate who usually goes on Monday mornings. I don't necessarily have a problem with the system...just the people who abuse it. It's very simple: if you need a ticket, get one; if not, leave them for the true fans who want to simply go and support their team. It's ridiculous that a game sells out like this and students are shut out while others are profiting or whatever else from the student tickets. I can't believe that this will be the first home game in my 3 years here that I will be watching from my couch.

I can't believe that this will be the first home game in my 3 years here that I will be watching from my couch.

If you really do that then you don't deserve a ticket. I understand being pissed about not getting a student ticket, and maybe you are getting screwed, but if you can't pony up $20 to go see our homecoming game then I don't know what to tell you. When you graduate are you just going to never go to another game?

I can't believe that this will be the first home game in my 3 years here that I will be watching from my couch.

Buy a ticket from a scalper. You can probably get one gameday for thirty bucks. Alternately, if JTS's dad's block of 10 doesn't go unused, you can sit in my seats in the Jackets Nest. I probably won't know that until gameday though.

I'm not sure why they don't go to an online ticketing system like they did a few years back for basketball. For those far removed from student ticketing, you register online for a ticket lottery and are assigned tickets based on priority points that are given by class year and prior attendance. You print out your ticket online and have it scanned to enter the game. A couple other pros:

1. Rewards loyalty to athletic programs
2. Priority points are taken away if you don't use your ticket
3. Eliminates all the waiting
4. Eliminates people buying/selling tix for profit because the tix are linked to your ID card

IMO, it's a much better ticket distribution system. The only downside I can see is not being able to sneak in friends from other schools with someone else's ID (not really a huge downside).

I think some folks will argue (as I thought at first) that it does away with the tradition of camping out for tickets. I camped out many times while I was in school, but an online system has the potential to be much better. Why should we have technology and not use it?

They might do that next year, seeing how they just released the barcode system this year and still don't have all the kinks worked out in it.

Buy a ticket from a scalper.

In all honesty, that is probably what I will end up doing, but it is so hard to get out of my mind that there are tickets out there that I have already sort of paid for that will be going to waste while I am spending more money on a scalped ticket.

In all honesty, that is probably what I will end up doing, but it is so hard to get out of my mind that there are tickets out there that I have already sort of paid for that will be going to waste while I am spending more money on a scalped ticket.

You realize that the people who got those tickets all paid the same amount as you, right? Every student has to pay the fees.

You realize that the people who got those tickets all paid the same amount as you, right? Every student has to pay the fees.

Absolutely, and as I said before, if a student beats me to the window and uses his ticket to get into the game, good for him. The problem I have is when people get tickets to sell/not use and I'm paying for a ticket unnecessarily. I'll say again: I don't have a problem with the way the ticket system works, just with the people who abuse it.

Sad thing is the frats are going to have a lot of extra tickets that go unused because of the new buzzcard scanning system.

This is the stupidest damn thing the SGA has done in a looooooong time. Not only that, but the SGA president pushes this through, guarantees SGA will take responsibility if things don't go right, and then leaves town for the first game using the system.

Back