Student tickets sold out for UVA

What was the problem with scanning buzzcards? I think it's a good idea to prevent people abusing the system (and screwing other students out of tickets). I myself didn't have any problems getting into the game...was it a big problem for others?

Lulz,

When I was a student, we didn't need tickets. Just showed our (sometimes out of date) student IDs to a guy at the gate and wandered into the stadium.

Then again, that was during the B*** L**** years, so it's not like we ever EVER sold out ANY game.

We had what...4000 people in the student section for the Gardner Webb game? There was a big student conference in town with 50+ people who wanted to come see the game, and we couldn't invite any of them.

Is two games a year (tops) where half-fans don't get a ticket really worth half empty stands in the others? No.

When I was a student, we didn't need tickets. Just showed our (sometimes out of date) student IDs to a guy at the gate and wandered into the stadium.

Same as the 70's. You had a special colored bar across the ID if you paid the athletic fee and it got us into all football and basketball games and I guess other athletic events though I never made a baseball game.

when were u at Tech?
Obviously during the Bill Lewis era...

Are they still using the online system for the basketball tickets? I was pissed at that system when it started. I got screwed because of a Wednesday night lab, and I couldn't make it to games, and was punished for my scholastic diligence.

Obviously during the Bill Lewis era...

Are they still using the online system for the basketball tickets? I was pissed at that system when it started. I got screwed because of a Wednesday night lab, and I couldn't make it to games, and was punished for my scholastic diligence.

Yes, they're still using it. I'm glad I'm in the GLC so if I have too much school work I can at least walk the 1 minute to the gates, have my ID scanned, and return to my apartment to work on school.

Yes, they're still using it. I'm glad I'm in the GLC so if I have too much school work I can at least walk the 1 minute to the gates, have my ID scanned, and return to my apartment to work on school.

Isn't that pretty much exactly what the online system is supposed to prevent? People getting tickets and not using them?

Lulz,

Then again, that was during the B*** L**** years, so it's not like we ever EVER sold out ANY game.

+1. Seems like most of our home games in that era were at 12:00. I lived in Area II and would tend to get woken up by the band. I'd stumble into the stadium about mid-way through the 2nd quarter. :cool::drink1:

Isn't that pretty much exactly what the online system is supposed to prevent? People getting tickets and not using them?

Most people who don't use them don't bother to take the time to actually go to the game and have it scanned. What else are you going to do, walk around and randomly make sure people are still at the game?

Most people who don't use them don't bother to take the time to actually go to the game and have it scanned. What else are you going to do, walk around and randomly make sure people are still at the game?
The one flaw in it is that the system punishes kids who have night labs. Which got on my nerves, because I almost always had at least one night lab a semester. Just another reason I should have been a management major.

when were u at Tech?

94-98.

The last couple of years it started to get a little harder to get tickets, but I honestly can't remember what it was like once they shifted to having to actually wait for tickets. Once they made us wait in line I just sat with friends who had season tickets instead.

94 was dark times. It was fun throwing all the seat cushions into the end zone that one year though. (anyone else remember that?)

So anyone actually know if they will be using the buzzcard scanning system or not? Also, anyone got an extra student ticket?

So anyone actually know if they will be using the buzzcard scanning system or not? Also, anyone got an extra student ticket?

They're not going to be doing the scanning for this next game. They haven't decided about FSU yet.

If you really do that then you don't deserve a ticket. I understand being pissed about not getting a student ticket, and maybe you are getting screwed, but if you can't pony up $20 to go see our homecoming game then I don't know what to tell you. When you graduate are you just going to never go to another game?

Why should he have to pay $20 on top of the athletic fee to see a game when there are going to be blocks with tickets that go unused?

Why should he have to pay $20 on top of the athletic fee to see a game when there are going to be blocks with tickets that go unused?

He shouldn't, but if it comes down to spending $20 or not going to homecoming(regardless of the reason), it's just plain stupid not to spend the $20. Sitting at home on the couch won't do anything to fix the ticket situation. I believe it's called cutting your nose off to spite your face.

They're not going to be doing the scanning for this next game. They haven't decided about FSU yet.

What a great idea: keep the people out of the game that will be empty and let anyone in to the game everyone wants.

I hate SGA.

94-98.

The last couple of years it started to get a little harder to get tickets, but I honestly can't remember what it was like once they shifted to having to actually wait for tickets. Once they made us wait in line I just sat with friends who had season tickets instead.

94 was dark times. It was fun throwing all the seat cushions into the end zone that one year though. (anyone else remember that?)
oh I thought you were much older. I came in 2000.

Back