Tashard Choice Gone

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think he would be a good candidate and hope that we go away from the GT tree for future coaching hires.

The positive thing about hiring from the GT tree is that they're less likely to leave for bigger programs if they have any success here.

The positive thing about hiring from the GT tree is that they're less likely to leave for bigger programs if they have any success here.

When was the last time that happened? Over two decades ago, right? And it came with three straight wins over the Dwags.

I would be absolutely thrilled to have an HC, or even a coordinator, who had enough success here to leave for a bigger program.

That’s been my thinking for years. Hire somebody that wouldn’t leave after having success. I remember thinking that if Roof worked out as DC then we were gonna have multi-decade dynasty on our hands with CPJ being entrenched and Roof seeing no reason to leave his alma mater for another round of HCing. We would have been in the near unprecedented position of winning with the same HC / OC (also CPJ) / DC with no worry of turnover. A short-lived dream.

I’ve started to rethink that though after the last few years. I’d take anybody that can win for a few years at this point.

Back