Tashard Choice Gone

Mrs. Collins, please don’t be upset with TC. He’s not married to Geoff, he sees the writing on the wall, and he has his future to think about. He’s a great guy and will say very nice things about your husband even if those things aren’t completely true.

I'm sorry Ms. Collins *oooo*
I'm not for real
Never meant to screw up that drive
It's cause PJ's line was undersized

No, Walker was the apple of Dallas' owner's eye and lobbied to push Dorsett out. Dallas quickly realized Walker was mediocre and would NEVER be a Tony Dorsett and dumped Walker to Minnesota. They then managed to pick up a better RB, Emmett Smith, to carry Dallas forward while Walker continued to suck

There is not one lasting highlight of Walker in the NFL that someone would look at and be impressed with his speed or power. He will never be considered on the same plane as Dorsett, Sanders, Smith, Payton

you make öööö up and then argue with yourself... :bowrofl:

you make öööö up and then argue with yourself... :bowrofl:
How am I arguing with myself? What is made up? That Walker has never been thought of as a great NFL back? He was a great USFL back, for whatever that is worth. The good players stayed away from the USFL. His dumbass went there

Although Steve Young did make bank for decades off his USFL deal. It was like a structured settlement

I thought he got the cold shoulder when Norvell or whoever got hired. Basically, Sims wasn’t a good fit for his system.
My inside source at F$U confirmed this at the time. Norvell didn't show Sims the love that was expected. So it was an easy win for us.

I thought he got the cold shoulder when Norvell or whoever got hired. Basically, Sims wasn’t a good fit for his system.
Exactly. You'd think these WELL VERSED Tech supporters know it all. But if it doesn't come from Him directly (excuse me JJ could be a she) ... it's all rumor. But he has a friend who is a huge fan so if that fan doesn't know it's just not true.

Gimme a break dude....JJacket probably spends more time on here than he does putting Geoff Collins Flatheads on your sheets to ride his face...but it's probably a close call

My inside source at F$U confirmed this at the time. Norvell didn't show Sims the love that was expected. So it was an easy win for us.
Is Norvell still at FSU? I have lost track of it.

So FSU is back, again?
In my opinion, yes. Maybe not classic "F$U" back but they will be substantially better than us. Norvell stumbled early but he has recovered very well and F$U is once again going to be a problem.

I'm probably going to Tallahassee for this one.

No allegiance to anything but the almighty Dollar. It's the American way. Congratulations to Choice for making some more money! Who cares about Georgia Tech, or wins and losses, or our enjoyment as fans... as long as someone who's not us is making more money, wow, that's so great! It is not virtueless selfish interest--this benefits us somehow, some way...
Is there a time of the month where you aren't a little bitch? Seriously the irony of you of all people calling out Collins for having thin skin is hilarious, you might as well be translucent then.

No allegiance to anything but the almighty Dollar. It's the American way. Congratulations to Choice for making some more money! Who cares about Georgia Tech, or wins and losses, or our enjoyment as fans... as long as someone who's not us is making more money, wow, that's so great! It is not virtueless selfish interest--this benefits us somehow, some way...
Why should Choice mortgage his career to stay with a program that doesn't have enough sense to fire the idiot running it into the ground? If TC were your son, would you advise him to stay with Collins or would you advise him to go where he can flourish?

Choose your words carefully.

In my opinion, yes. Maybe not classic "F$U" back but they will be substantially better than us. Norvell stumbled early but he has recovered very well and F$U is once again going to be a problem.

I'm probably going to Tallahassee for this one.
So 5-7 and losing to Jacksonville State is an indication of WE ARE BACK BAYBEEEE

At this point, our hire next year will have to be a STRONG G-5 or FCS coach who brings his complete staff with him.
Preferably someone from the South who has recruiting ties to the area.
That was the plan last time. I'd ask how that worked out, but your response would be that CGC wasn't a strong coach. But if we/you knew that then, why weren't we able to 1.) recognize that, and 2.) hire someone better? Now the answer is going to be that we're better stocked and can absolutely get that type of person this time, right?

Why should Choice mortgage his career to stay with a program that doesn't have enough sense to fire the idiot running it into the ground? If TC were your son, would you advise him to stay with Collins or would you advise him to go where he can flourish?

Choose your words carefully.
"Son, I didn't raise a quitter."

Even though Choice is a quitter, jts1207's point is well taken that this was just a RB coach. Whether we win or not shouldn't come down to the RB coach

Even though Choice is a quitter, jts1207's point is well taken that this was just a RB coach. Whether we win or not shouldn't come down to the RB coach
It never did. Choice is an above average recruiter for sure. I’m not sure how much actual position coaching was part of it vs just having good athletes.

I'm still hoping for the best. I can't say I expect it to happen. Collins has been able to recruit higher rated talent than many of us thought possible at GT. That's a significant skill and one I'm not sure we can easily replace. I wish he were smart enough and humble enough to realize the help he needs and get them on staff.
O’Leary and Gailey both recruited as well as and better than Collins.

Last edited:

In your view, how long would Choice have to stay before he could leave for a more high profile job without being a quitter with no honor?

If he stayed through next year but we only won three games again, is he still a quitter for taking a better job then? Does he need to stay indefinitely until we are > .500? ACC Championship? Something else?

Or is there no valid reason/time to leave Tech since he is a Tech alum?

Last edited:
Back