Tech 24 - georgia 20

cyptomcat

Hibernating
says Mark Bradly

http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2016/11/22/the-pick-here-tech-24-georgia-20/

Neither team has had the season it hoped. Each is 7-4. Both went 4-4 in tepid divisions. (Though the SEC East is worse than the ACC Coastal.) Georgia’s best out-of-conference win was over North Carolina, which beat Tech by 28 points. Tech’s best out-of-conference was a 31-point demolition of Vandy, which beat Georgia in Athens.

Georgia has already proved it can lose to worse teams than Tech, whereas Tech hasn’t lost to anybody that hasn’t won seven games. And not all 7-4 seasons are created equal: The Jackets have outscored their opponents by 33 points; the Bulldogs haven’t outscored their opponents at all. The Jackets will outscore the Bulldogs 24-20.

LOL... maybe the prickly Kirby Shart will get under Bark Madly's skin too. Then he can write alternating hatchet jobs...

Too many unknowns for me this game. If we run an aggressive, simplified defense then we are in position to get an INT or two against them on their errant deep balls. I think we have what it takes to get a couple sacks against their OL as well. What concerns me is our offense vs. their defense. I don't know how Smart has typically performed against triple option teams outside of a 45-21 win over Georgia Southern a few years back, but he beat Auburn this year without scoring a touchdown. Impressive to say the least. As they say, "offense fill stadiums, but defense wins championships." I would rate our offense higher, but would rate Georgia's defense higher. Ultimately, who has the better defense to offense differential?

I was lying in bed last night and I drifted off to sleep and I had a dream we were beating the Dwags 24-20. But I woke up kinda sad, but then I cheered up when I realized it was just a dream 'cause we're gonna beat the Dwags by way more than that.

I want a statement not a last second win. I want someone to call peta and demand CPJ be arrested for the absolute thrashing he will inflict on the puppies. I want Michael ööööing Vick to grimace at what we will do to them.

michael-vick-r_0.jpg

I was lying in bed last night and I drifted off to sleep and I had a dream we were beating the Dwags 24-20. But I woke up kinda sad, but then I cheered up when I realized it was just a dream 'cause we're gonna beat the Dwags by way more than that.
You tell'em Mox. Or Paul Walker's character's name!!!

Reasonable pick based on the facts at hand. Again, if Auburn's QB doesn't get hurt in that game resulting in them running wildcat for the 2nd half then they win that game and GT is favored on Saturday as we realistically should be - even on the road. We'll get our yards and their defense will force a few mistakes. I think we score 20-31 points. Their OL won't produce the dominant run games they've put up on CPJ but TEs and play action will burn us a few times. They'll score 17-27 points. Keep the turnover battle at least even and get some pressure on Eason. We do that and we win. If not I can see us losing by a score.

At this point it's mental. We've beaten teams that are better than them and haven't lost to anybody worse. They've struggled with Vandy, Missouri, Nicholls St, Kentucky, and ULM - all significantly worse than us. This is one CPJ has to have in this series. Worst OL they've had in quite some time and their OL vs our DL is where they've won most of these games the last decade.

Too many unknowns for me this game. If we run an aggressive, simplified defense then we are in position to get an INT or two against them on their errant deep balls. I think we have what it takes to get a couple sacks against their OL as well. What concerns me is our offense vs. their defense. I don't know how Smart has typically performed against triple option teams outside of a 45-21 win over Georgia Southern a few years back, but he beat Auburn this year without scoring a touchdown. Impressive to say the least. As they say, "offense fill stadiums, but defense wins championships." I would rate our offense higher, but would rate Georgia's defense higher. Ultimately, who has the better defense to offense differential?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=313230333

Southern rushed for 302 with Jaybo Shaw at QB when Bama was #2 in the nation, on their way to scoring 21, and almost scoring 28.

That Bama team won a national championship and didn't give up more than 14 in any other game that year.

Did UGA do the typical "practice against the GT offense an extra week during the spring" thing this year?

There are certainly some things on paper to be optimistic about.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=313230333

Southern rushed for 302 with Jaybo Shaw at QB when Bama was #2 in the nation, on their way to scoring 21, and almost scoring 28.

That Bama team won a national championship and didn't give up more than 14 in any other game that year.

Did UGA do the typical "practice against the GT offense an extra week during the spring" thing this year?

There are certainly some things on paper to be optimistic about.

I heard on the radio that UGA had been putting in a couple hours each week for Tech.

I think Bark Madly meant to say that last line as "I think Tech will outscore UGA by 24-20 points".

Back