Tech 24 - georgia 20

We might score a touchdown twice on offense given normal field position. It is what it is. We win if the defense can force Eason to play like he has all season and capitalize on it, and at the same time stuff the run. Gonna need a big game from Butker IMO.

We might score a touchdown twice on offense given normal field position. It is what it is. We win if the defense can force Eason to play like he has all season and capitalize on it, and at the same time stuff the run. Gonna need a big game from Butker IMO.
If we end up in a typical UGA defensive game, we win. We are just about guaranteed to break at least one long one at this point, if not more.

Also, believe it or not, I think Roof's bend-but-don't-break might be a good fit for this game - especially if we can stop their running game. Eason has had the best success throwing downfield, where we have not been beaten often AT ALL this season. I'm not sure if their offense is consistent enough to move slowly down the field without stalling out or turning it over.

The team we're about to play is still more talented than we are. We're far from perfect but when we played our best this year, we've shown glimpses of our 2014 flair, which would defeat this uga team. It depends on which Georgia Tech will show up. If we play our best, we'll blow them out of the water. If not, then I expect a slew of bans. We will see.

If we end up in a typical UGA defensive game, we win. We are just about guaranteed to break at least one long one at this point, if not more.

Also, believe it or not, I think Roof's bend-but-don't-break might be a good fit for this game - especially if we can stop their running game. Eason has had the best success throwing downfield, where we have not been beaten often AT ALL this season. I'm not sure if their offense is consistent enough to move slowly down the field without stalling out or turning it over.

I'm not sure what everyone else is watching when they say stuff like this, but the kid's worst ball has been outside 20 yards. Just wild misses every way you can do it. Yeah he can throw far, with a tight spiral, but he can't anticipate his receivers at all. The thing that terrifies me is our guys in space on a shallow crossing route against McKenzie when he decides not to drop a pass. That's a threat to the house every time. I can only hope that Cheney does what Cheney does and abandons it once it starts working for an ineffective run up the middle. I can also only hope that Roof does what Roof does and makes these up-the-gut runs ineffective.

I'm not sure what everyone else is watching when they say stuff like this, but the kid's worst ball has been outside 20 yards. Just wild misses every way you can do it. Yeah he can throw far, with a tight spiral, but he can't anticipate his receivers at all. The thing that terrifies me is our guys in space on a shallow crossing route against McKenzie when he decides not to drop a pass. That's a threat to the house every time. I can only hope that Cheney does what Cheney does and abandons it once it starts working for an ineffective run up the middle. I can also only hope that Roof does what Roof does and makes these up-the-gut runs ineffective.

I just hope Cheney wasn't paying attention on UVA's 4th quarter TD. Our receivers missed coverage and laid up - a bad combo. McKenzie on a cross route or a skinny post in the seam is trouble.

The team we're about to play is still more talented than we are. We're far from perfect but when we played our best this year, we've shown glimpses of our 2014 flair, which would defeat this uga team. It depends on which Georgia Tech will show up. If we play our best, we'll blow them out of the water. If not, then I expect a slew of bans. We will see.

There will be bans regardless of the outcome of this game. Whiners show up whether we win or lose.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=313230333

Southern rushed for 302 with Jaybo Shaw at QB when Bama was #2 in the nation, on their way to scoring 21, and almost scoring 28.

That Bama team won a national championship and didn't give up more than 14 in any other game that year.

Did UGA do the typical "practice against the GT offense an extra week during the spring" thing this year?

There are certainly some things on paper to be optimistic about.

Looked at Wikipedia and it looks like this game was the week before the Auburn game. That leads me to believe that the numbers are skewed upward. Still - a point for optimism.

But see that's just the thing. You can't grind out long drives if you are inconsistent. Our DB's have actually tackled pretty well this season, so I'll take those short/medium gains because it Eason isn't going to find and hit his receivers consistently, and they've been dropping the ball even when he does. Teams that have beaten us have been able to do three things: run the ball, hit receivers consistently, and scramble with the QB.

But see that's just the thing. You can't grind out long drives if you are inconsistent. Our DB's have actually tackled pretty well this season, so I'll take those short/medium gains because it Eason isn't going to find and hit his receivers consistently, and they've been dropping the ball even when he does. Teams that have beaten us have been able to do three things: run the ball, hit receivers consistently, and scramble with the QB.

Yeah, but UGA's defense is nearly Clemson good, at least personnel wise, and that kicker with the coke bottles strapped to his face who looked like a flaming bag of öööö at the beginning of the season has actually turned out to be pretty damn good. I don't think we're looking at a game where we can let them get more than 20 points and have a good shot to win.

The main thing that I remember about teams that beat us is their ability to lob the ball to wide open tight ends.

I hope we change up the damn prevent defense that we played against UVA. They had receivers running uncovered between 5 and 10 yards. Sure we didn't give up the big play, but any team is going to be able to dink and dunk us down the field.

I'm not too optimistic cuz UGA has a good defense and we don't do well against that. Hopefully, our defense can keep us in till CPJ figures 'em out.

UGA is ööööing horse öööö this year. They gave up a ton of yards on the ground to the ööööing Cajuns and nearly lost to ööööing Nichols ööööing state. Even if they have "more talent" we overcome that with our scheme and execution. Oh and our coach isn't a ööööing retard. GT is seriously winning this game by 13+ count it

We shouldn't be happy with anything less than a 10+ point win. Georgia is dog öööö this year and we are starting to hit our stride.

You been paying attention bro? If we win by 1 in triple OT you better ööööing believe I'll be happy. As if we've won this game so often that we can get picky at the circumstances. You go ahead and be unhappy with a close win, I'll be wasted. öööö UGA.

Based on our recent performances, I expect Tech to score at least a couple times on big plays. We have playmakers this year who can exploit mistakes, and our pass protection has been much better than last year. Juene, Lynch, and Searcy have been great, and JT is always a threat to find an opening for a big run. If we can get the BBs going a little, it will be hard for the dwags to shut down our offense. It might look a little different than we are used to, but it creates a big problem for a defense like UGag which is athletic, but doesn't have the experience to limit CPJ's ability to observe and adjust. We just need our defense to step up.

I hope this is the one game where it all FINALLY comes together for us. Eason is big and slow like Vandy's QB. I hope that helps us out. I would be really worried if they had a mobile QB like Watson.

Back