Tech sold more tickets than Tennessee

How is the secondary market looking? It always seems like Tech fans, who supposedly make a lot of money, are always out trying to sell tickets of this type for a small profit. It's embarrassing and it's how we end up with lots of uga fans in BDS.

I will personally fight anyone who calls themselves a Tech fan, bought season tix, and doesn't attend this game*

* I will allow for family emergencies

Guess I'll meet you behind the stadium later in the year - wedding in DC that weekend. Original plan was to go to WVU/VT in DC on Saturday and fly down Sunday to Atlanta. Then I get the save the date and the WVU/VT game gets moved to Sunday. Now I can't go to either one.

How is the secondary market looking? It always seems like Tech fans, who supposedly make a lot of money, are always out trying to sell tickets of this type for a small profit. It's embarrassing and it's how we end up with lots of uga fans in BDS.
I dont look at it this way. I look at it that if that's what it takes for them to attend a majority of home games then so be it. It's not like we have a waiting list for tickets from a 100,000+ alumni in the area. It doesnt matter if you make a decent wage either, 2-4 season tickets is expensive on most people's budget. Now selling to UGA is a very less than ideal way to stay under budget so dont do it unless you need to, but more I understand if you do.

I dont look at it this way. I look at it that if that's what it takes for them to attend a majority of home games then so be it. It's not like we have a waiting list for tickets from a 100,000+ alumni in the area. It doesnt matter if you make a decent wage either, 2-4 season tickets is expensive on most people's budget. Now selling to UGA is a very less than ideal way to stay under budget so dont do it unless you need to, but more I understand if you do.

The people I know who do this can afford not to. They're just cheap.

Guess I'll meet you behind the stadium later in the year - wedding in DC that weekend. Original plan was to go to WVU/VT in DC on Saturday and fly down Sunday to Atlanta. Then I get the save the date and the WVU/VT game gets moved to Sunday. Now I can't go to either one.
Are you getting married in DC? I have told my friends str8up for YEARS that I will not attend a wedding on a football Saturday. Be a ööööing man already. Are you SERIOUSLY going to let some asshole ruin Labor Day weekend with a ööööing wedding? God I hate brides to be and their stupid planning. The only people a wedding is for is the bride, her mom, and the folks getting paid an obnoxious amount of money to put on a spectacle no one wants to attend.

Unless it is your wedding and YOU are the one ruining everyone's Labor Day. If so, you're a jerk.

Hunting season and football season are absolute no-no's on weddings.

Are you getting married in DC? I have told my friends str8up for YEARS that I will not attend a wedding on a football Saturday. Be a ööööing man already. Are you SERIOUSLY going to let some asshole ruin Labor Day weekend with a ööööing wedding? God I hate brides to be and their stupid planning. The only people a wedding is for is the bride, her mom, and the folks getting paid an obnoxious amount of money to put on a spectacle no one wants to attend.

Unless it is your wedding and YOU are the one ruining everyone's Labor Day. If so, you're a jerk.

Yeah, I sent my self a save the date for my own wedding on a weekend I already made travel plans for. Now that I type this out it's unfortunate how reasonable it sounds.

Yeah, I sent my self a save the date for my own wedding on a weekend I already made travel plans for. Now that I type this out it's unfortunate how reasonable it sounds.
I wouldn't doubt it. You are attending a damn wedding on opening weekend of college football. Time to break ties with whomever it is that planned it...your friend, cousin, fiancee....getting married and ruining both football kickoff AND your holiday is damn selfish and rude of the bride (I assume the groom is just beaten down at this point)

Send a gift and condolences

Hunting season and football season are absolute no-no's on weddings.
I got married on an away game weekend. Settling on a date after the football schedule came out. For me, It's fishing season (spring time) I don't want to miss.

I can't imagine that a Tech fan who got season tickets skips one of the best games on schedule.

On the other hand, uga fans buying our season tickets, sure...

I bought two tickets on Stubhub that are on the GT side. There were plenty of tickets for sale on the GT side, so evidently some season ticket holders are skipping the game.

If you need tickets:

Can we make sure that the site perhaps gets an awful lot of traffic that day. Not that I'm saying shut it down, but shut the ööööer down

Back