"Tech Talking Title"

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
\"Tech Talking Title\"

GaTech_Clem_15.cv.jpg

Re: \"Tech Talking Title\"

does Bobby Dodd's Ghost work for this magazine? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

It wasn\'t written by a FOC\'er

If it was it would say "Tech talking 4th in the Coastal Division".

Re: It wasn\'t written by a FOC\'er

That's a stupid comment 3518techie. There are a couple of people who have made their thinking clear that Tech can' compete this year for various reasons. The majority though expect us to be competitive in every game. Will we win the title? Don't know - it will be tough, but it will be tough for whoever does. Conveniently though it's easier for you to pick out a few things and assign those thoughts to everyone who disagrees with you.

techie, it ain't the "FOC'ers" that are down grading expectations - IT'S YOU!

You're the one making fun of the coach. You're the one saying he'll be fired. You're the one saying we can't compete. And you're the one that's wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
That's a stupid comment 3518techie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone suprised?

Expectations SHOULD be high...and back where they belong at Ga. Tech. The days of giving the coach slack are now over.

BOO

NCJacket, you aren\'t reading the posts.

There are FOC'ers who have said if Gailey goes 7-4, he should be coach of year. Back in 2001, expecatations were much different. We were supposed to contend for the ACC and have an outside shot at the Rose Bowl. An 8-5 season was a huge disappointment. With Gailey, an optimistic year is 7-4 and an outside shot at the Gator Bowl. I haven't see any FOC'er pick a 9 win season or an ACC title. Look at 2001 and 2005 and see how much the bar has been lowered with Gailey as coach.

[ QUOTE ]
If it was it would say "Tech talking 4th in the Coastal Division".

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you ever amazed with some of the crap that comes out of your mouth? Do you honestly believe there are people out there that are hopeful of a 4th place finish? You act like you are the only one that expects more from our program.

Not speaking of you in particular, but I would love to know the personal success of some of our most critical fans. I continually wonder if the same people who think Gailey sucks and we have all settled for mediocrity have led this philosophy in their own lives. Or maybe they're just average joes that never accomplished much that put all of their hopes and expectations on someone else because it's easier than expecting more from themselves.

Still doesn't relieve Gailey of his responsibilities of coach of the Yellow Jackets. He definately needs to step up this year.

Re: NCJacket, you aren\'t reading the posts.

[ QUOTE ]
There are FOC'ers who have said if Gailey goes 7-4, he should be coach of year. Back in 2001, expecatations were much different. We were supposed to contend for the ACC and have an outside shot at the Rose Bowl. An 8-5 season was a huge disappointment. With Gailey, an optimistic year is 7-4 and an outside shot at the Gator Bowl. I haven't see any FOC'er pick a 9 win season or an ACC title. Look at 2001 and 2005 and see how much the bar has been lowered with Gailey as coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get something straight here. In 2001 O'Leary took a team expected to possibly challenge for the ACC and have an outside chance at the Rose Bowl to a 7-5 regular season mark. This is with a 5th year senior at QB, a slew of returning starters, a dominant running game, etc. etc. Yet he went 7-5. The next year we have a new QB, a new head coach, and no proven Running back entering the season. Yet, the saem expectations apply with no room for tolerance?

Gailey took over a 7-5 team pre-bowl. We had flunkgate which crippled us. On top of that the damn Hill has raised the academic bar for our athletes. Its obvious to you that you are so un-enamored with Gailey that you have begun to apply a black and white logic to things.

Gailey said he would improve upon our mark. He hasn't. Lets not bother with the particulars and lets fire his arse. That makes complete sense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Expectations SHOULD be high...and back where they belong at Ga. Tech. The days of giving the coach slack are now over.

BOO

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly believe there are people out there that are hopeful of a 4th place finish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at a recent post by Lawbee. He had us as an underdog at home against UGA with all their personnel losses and even with NC State and Clemson even though both of those games are at home. Where do you think we would finish if his scenario is accurate? The consensus number among FOC'ers is 7-4. This in a year with 9 returning defensive starters on a top 12 defense, key skill people on offense, and opponents with losses in key skill position. When can we expect better? In 2006, when we lose 6 or 7 defensive starters and PJ. If I was paid 900,000 a year, I would be going to the Hill pointing out success stories like Butler and Smith and demanding a little more flexibilty. I would hire a big time OC if my offense had flopped 2 straight years. I would be talking about beating UGA and winning the ACC not about St. Peter. If I performed on my job like Gailey's performed with his offense, I would have been fired.

AND???????????????????????????????????????????? Who else??????????????????????????????????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly believe there are people out there that are hopeful of a 4th place finish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at a recent post by Lawbee. He had us as an underdog at home against UGA with all their personnel losses and even with NC State and Clemson even though both of those games are at home. Where do you think we would finish if his scenario is accurate? The consensus number among FOC'ers is 7-4. This in a year with 9 returning defensive starters on a top 12 defense, key skill people on offense, and opponents with losses in key skill position. When can we expect better? In 2006, when we lose 6 or 7 defensive starters and PJ. If I was paid 900,000 a year, I would be going to the Hill pointing out success stories like Butler and Smith and demanding a little more flexibilty. I would hire a big time OC if my offense had flopped 2 straight years. I would be talking about beating UGA and winning the ACC not about St. Peter. If I performed on my job like Gailey's performed with his offense, I would have been fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should Lawbee say that we are going to roll through all of our games, winning each by 3 TD's, and be heavy favorites against UGAg to make YOU happy? In case you have not noticed, there are probably only about 5-6 teams in college football that wouldn't be underdogs to UGAg right now.

EVERY game is gonna be tough. We will not stroll through our schedule, regardless of our coach - no one would. Our schedule is tough. Everyone on the schedule is tough - with the exception of maybe Duke and UCONN. Just exactly what do you want? Little smiley faces when you insult our coach and us like you'd get on Buzzoff? It ain't gonna happen here.

I look forward to the season and expect to win all of them. I am also realistic enough to know that we have not won every game since the 1950's and, no matter how much I want to win them all next year, we probably won't. We may get beat by Clemson, or NC State. There is a good chance that we will lose to VT, UGAg or Miami. We will play them tough. I expect to beat them all. That's why I attend the games.

I know that for any loss, you will come on here and give your list of 2 coaches that you want to hire to coach the team and generally slam the rest of us. That is your MO. It has become quite tiresome to read your drivel over the last year.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned.gif
[ QUOTE ]
EVERY game is gonna be tough. We will not stroll through our schedule, regardless of our coach - no one would. Our schedule is tough. It'd be a tough schedule for anyone - with the exception of maybe Duke and UCONN. Just exactly what do you want? Little smiley faces when you insult our coach and us like you'd get on Buzzoff? It ain't gonna happen here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do they keep coming back? If they want patted on the back, then they should stay over on buzzoff!!
It's not like we go over there trying to change their minds!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/werd.gif

I haven't seen one person that has agreed with Lawbee on this board. Not one. Let me repeat that again for you... NOT ONE. I like Lawbee. He's definately a fan of Tech. But not one person has agreed with his analysis of tolerance for this coaching staff.

That said, you have summed this board and others perceptions as being just like Lawbee. So why are you summarizing one persons opinions to be group think? It hasn't been anything near that.

Now all I've said is a 7-4 year by Gailey in my opinion will buy him his final year of his contrat. Most have said the exact same thing. Anything more and he gets an extension. Its not an endorsement of Gailey's coaching regime, its an opinion on what would be the most accurate depiction of what our AD, Dave Briane, would do under that scenario. 7-4, Gailey gets a final year. 8-3 or above... he gets an extension and rightfully so.

But lets just forget all of that for now. We're all FOCERS (something no one has been able to define in any certain terms) and you can go on recycling the same old arguement that we some how put Gailey over the best interest of GT, which is a complete fabrication of the truth. But whatever allows you to operate on Buzzoff in the capacity that you've maintained, regardless of the truth, go for it.

[ QUOTE ]
I would be talking about beating UGA and winning the ACC not about St. Peter. If I performed on my job like Gailey's performed with his offense, I would have been fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you have a simple job, with a simple expectation, and have never known what it is like to have to actually deliver a bottom line under pressure. If you had, it would be evident that you would probably be a little more sympathetic to the crap that Gailey has had to coach under. I'm not defending Gailey, but the fact remains that you see things black and white, and for that, you appear definately ignorant of the topics you bring up.

GT_Dean, you never presented a coherent fact

so you wouldn't last long on Buzzoff. JJacket, when are we exactly supposed to beat UGA if not in 2005? You'll trash Paul Johnson for not beating Notre Dame when he pretty much has to work 1-AA talent. Yet a year in which UGA has lost a number of key players, you still believe it's more likely we will lose. BOR, I may have a simple job but if I ranked 90th out of 117 in my field I would be updating my resume. The fact is FOC'ers present a moving target. I'm asked to present alternatives to Gailey and I do. I get criticzed for that. I don't see things as black and white. I know this will cause you to bust a blood vessel but if Gailey had brought in a big time OC or given Bilbo a real chance I wouldn't have lost faith in him. If Gailey goes, I would hold Johnson and Hawkins to the same standard. If their OC or CD wasn't producing and they kept them, I would hold them accountable. I've been critical of Clough and defended Gailey on some things on the academic side. Gailey knows the academic score and if he feels like it's unfair, he needs to take a stand. The excuses have to end at some point.

Re: GT_Dean, you never presented a coherent fact

[ QUOTE ]
I'm asked to present alternatives to Gailey and I do. I get criticzed for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

OHHH, I wouldn't last long on Buzzoff! I guess not many people do since I suppose there are about 7 posters over there. I left that board because most posts are just usless jabs at our program, many of which I believe are started by your leader in order to keep the board from becoming idle too long.

I don't recall anyone here asking you to present your coaching alternatives. We seek nothing from you other than stop being so damn negative all of the time.

BTW, I stated that most teams would be underdogs to UGAg. If you would COMPLETELY read my post you would see this:

[ QUOTE ]
I expect to beat them all. That's why I attend the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I not clear that I expect to win them all?

However-
UGAg did lose a ton of talent. They also return a ton of talent. They are one of the top 5-7 teams in the country - no matter how much we don't like it. The cupbord is not bare at UGAg, no matter what you believe. It will be a battle that we can play very well and still lose the ballgame. I expect 110% effort from our boys. If you expect a cakewalk at BDS in November, you are delusional. I still want, and expect, to win. I will be disappointed with a loss.

And once again (for about the 50th time), you give us your two coaches. One of whom will get whipped soundly in Athens this season. Do I want that? No. I'd rather see Boisie State win. However, UGAg will be the best team Boise State has EVER played (look at their past schedules - and yes I'm counting U of L). In fact, 4 of the teams we play this year (Auburn, VT, Miami, and UGAg) would be the best 4 teams that program has EVER played - and would ALL soundly whip Boise State.

List them

I'm tired of you throwing out random comments and painting everyone with them. WHO said 7-4 should get Gailey coach of the year? I want to know.

Back