"Tech Talking Title"

Re: I believe GT_Crew made the coach of the year

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter whether we got Urban Myer or Steve Spurrier

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG. Spurrier would be able to bring in pretty much any QB he wanted. That would be HUGE for this offense.

Otherwise I completely agree with your post

Thats not proof, just words. When Rodgers came actual improvement, Fulcher slight improvement from Carson. Big let down from O'L to CCG. Need I continue. Dodd big improvement from Alexander. Now as I asked give me proof can't do it, just some words thats not proof. But, don't bother, you can't do and neither can anyone else, opinions are not proof.

I have looked for many years when a top notch guy came in, Alabama when the Bear came, Auburn when Dye came in, Ugag when they changed guys, FSU when Bowden came in, sure some teams lost GTech for one when CCG came in. Before you start bashing you are not a recruiting Guru nor am I. So just go with the so called experts. Where have we rated the last 3 years. I remember and I guess you as well, not very high.

Gee, you conveniently left out Curry's first 4 years, Ross's first 2-1/2 years, the Lewis fiasco. The only time we actually improved was O'Leary's takeover (there was nowhere to go but up), but it took him until his fourth (4th) year to beat Georgia.

You say with Rogers came actual improvement, but that improvement was the same as the "big let down" with Gailey - ONE game.

We're not a football factory, you can't compare Alabama, UGA and Auburn - they get top players just by farting. GT is unique when it comes to recruiting and having to rebuild those relationships is devestating. FSU is no comparison, either, until Bowden came they had NO football tradition.

And now you're doing one of your favorite tricks: revising history to suit your agenda:

[ QUOTE ]
Big let down from O'L to CCG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, 8-5 to 7-6 - big let down? A slight setback, I'd say. And before you jump on the "51-7" crap, just remember that was O'Leary's players that quit on Gailey. Then we lose TEN (that's 10) players to flunkgate, and yet we STILL went 7-6....I'm sorry, but that's only a big letdown in someone's very, very prejudiced (foggy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif ) mind.

Those others schools you mention and their respective coaches are bad coaches to compare to---they were all dirty, rotten, cheating, you know the next word.

I did not try to name them all, I could have but I thought you might understand my point guess you didn't. Yep Currey, Lewis etc were bad as was (your definition) Ross. I was not talking w/l's, neither were you, we were talking recruiting or did you forget? No we are no football factory and it sure shows so I guess Tech should quit and play only club level ball. Now I remember when we competed successfully with all those teams. With the mentality that we are no football factory then why do we even bother. Guess I expect more from the hired help than you. Oh by the way nice try to change the subject but you still have not answered my question. Now as the old woman said where's the beef in this the case proof?

As for the next post (TechSBP) it's not worthy of a response.

I seriously doubt money is an issue on an OC

It would have been cost an extra 100,000 to 200,000 per year to bring in a bigtime OC. In a multi-million dollar football budget, I doubt that would be show stopper. Bill Lewis got less time than Gailey. Did he deserve more time? The fact is we are going nowhere quickly. Gailey is treading water and still depending heavily on 10 O'Leary recruits from 2001. We need a charasmatic coach who overachieves not some stubborn man running on offense from the 1960's.

Re: I seriously doubt money is an issue on an OC

[ QUOTE ]
We need a charasmatic coach who overachieves not some stubborn man running on offense from the 1960's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Bill Lewis?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

Re: It wasn\'t written by a FOC\'er

i have to disagree with the part about only 5 or 6 teams who wouldn't be underdogs to uga right now. given their losses, i think they will be underdogs for three or four games this season and that is only against 11 teams.

Re: It wasn\'t written by a FOC\'er

[ QUOTE ]
Gailey is treading water and still depending heavily on 10 O'Leary recruits from 2001.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

I would expect the upperclassmen to get PT. They do at every school, if you have not noticed. What should he do? Bench them because they were GOL's recruits?

He gets fine production from all of GOL's and his recruits, but the fact is GOL has been hardly a factor in the development of ANY of the players that he recruited that are still with us. We also get some fine production from the underclassmen.

The Lewis situation was totally different.

He divided the team and lost the players respect. He had to leave for those reasons no matter what was happening on the field. His last team quit..period. Say what you will of Gailey but the players seem to respect him and want to play for him.

Re: I seriously doubt money is an issue on an OC

[ QUOTE ]
The fact is we are going nowhere quickly. Gailey is treading water and still depending heavily on 10 O'Leary recruits from 2001. We need a charasmatic coach who overachieves not some stubborn man running on offense from the 1960's.

[/ QUOTE ]

3518, your new name is mix master. I just love the spin you put on things. I wouldn't dare characterize things as that bad but spin on spin on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

duuh, our schedule looks ALOT different now, no??

also, did we get anywhere close to that 'expectation' that year? no, i dont think so

you just havent been paying attention

your head is in the sand where you look at your stinky feet and think "man, life sure is bad"

if you looked around, you would see that our recruiting is steadily improving. our depth has been steadily improving DESPITE "flunkgate"

when was the last time we had two backs like PJ and Choice? then throw in a top 5 of his class in Rashaun and then Woods... thats a pretty stacked backfield, even leaving out the FBs

Gailey has shown the ability to land defensive lineman like a trout on a fishin farm compared to what his predecesors did, his strategy of recruiting is solid and a long-term approach not a look-good-and-get-hired-by-a-school-i-really-want-to-be-at one

then there is the fact that Gailey is one of the best one on one closers, as evidenced by his percentage of signings compared to visits ratio - look it up

then, if you cared to ever visit any of Gaileys speaking engagements, you would note that he is a very personable and downright charismatic as a man you would want to be there while you (or your son) were going through a challenging period of time

you are either ignorant or chose to be destructive despite facts

BOR, I can\'t top the BS stories the FOC\'ers

put out there like O'Leary left "looming academic problems" (5 of the 10 were Gailey recruits) and BeeGone saying UGA 2001 and FSU 1998 were blowouts. Buzzczar, as far as recruiting goes, where are the publications that ranked any of Gailey's classes highly? Why did he have to move a defensive lineman we need there to start on the offensive line? Newberry is now our top reserve on the o-line. What has happened to all those quick athletic o-linemen that Gailey recruited? Gailey has recruited some fine players but not nearly enough of them and it's starting to show. As far as Gailey's loyalty goes, he showed a lot of loyalty to Samford. He stayed there for 1 year after saying he really wanted to build a program there. The Dolphins didn't even ask Braine to interview him and he had been the OC there. Everybody will say how respected he is but no one will list him as an elite coach.

Re: BOR, I can\'t top the BS stories the FOC\'ers

[ QUOTE ]
Gailey has recruited some fine players but not nearly enough of them and it's starting to show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly how? Are you already writing off the season in April?

GTL, are you going to answer my question? You have had a few days now to think and still no answer give me proof that he is our best option. Not just words but definitive proof. Spin it anyway you want but give some substance to your statement.

Thats ok GTL, you can't prove it, no one could prove your statement. Just pointing out the FOCR's make just as many statments that are unprovable and as you and others like to point out as do the Anti CCG group. So next time you want to bash an anti CCG person for what you feel is an absured post stop and think about your remark "he's our very best option". Was that statement an absurd statement? Yep it sure was/is.

[ QUOTE ]
Thats ok GTL, you can't prove it, no one could prove your statement. Just pointing out the FOCR's make just as many statments that are unprovable and as you and others like to point out as do the Anti CCG group. So next time you want to bash an anti CCG person for what you feel is an absured post stop and think about your remark "he's our very best option". Was that statement an absurd statement? Yep it sure was/is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old Foggy, what is a Focer? Seriously. I Would like to know your definition. I think its a term a couple of guys have used to snowball some of you into believing a concept that just isn't true.

I first saw this term on this board. FRIEND OF CHAN! Yes, there are some people here, no matter what, will support CCG, I guess that term was used for them, like BuzzCzar for one, GTL and others. But did you notice he (GTL) never responded to my question?

Re: you just havent been paying attention

BuzzCzar, It's you that has his head in the sand! I look at our recruiting and see us rated lower and lower by the so called recruiting guru's year after year. What did we rate this year mid 50's wasn't it and even below Duke of all teams. We did not compete against Duke so I guess it's time to compete against Vandy for recruits.

Before you start to bash (you do like to do that when people disagree with you), you are no recruiting guru, nor am I, so I go with the so called experts. Are we to compete with the powers that be in the ACC, not likely when they recruit in the top 20 or so and we recruit in the mid 50's.

Back