"Tech Talking Title"

some factual mistakes

i believe we beat the mutts 3 times every 10 years since 56. don't quote me on it. i think it is better than 1 every 10 years.

i agree with the rest of your post. no coach has won 8+ consistently in the modern era.

some have built it up to win 6-7 games consistently and then have a great season or 2 in the middle.

Gailey has won 7 games consistently through tremendous adversity. let's see if he can get us a great couple of seasons.

3518techie, president of the valid excuses society

you see, i have just found out that some excuses are valid and others are not.

3518techie is the president of the valid excuse society. we here are unfortunately dealing with invalid excuses.

so please remember this in the future.

excuses made by 3518techie and the rest of his gang = valid.
excuses made by FOC'ers = invalid.

by the way jjacket, i think that Boise State will compete with UGA on opening day. Boise State may actually beat them this year too.

Re: some factual mistakes

since '56, I believe GT is 15-33 against UGA. However, there were some pretty long droughts with very few wins. Between 74 and 89, tech only won three times...and of course UGA won the seven in a row from 91-97.

Re: some factual mistakes

You're right ylojk8 it was a typo and when I caught it board would not let me edit. But that said agreeing with any part of what I post may get you banned on the BO board.

I am not trying to show our program in a bad light nor am I trying to prop up CCG but since the accademic collar has tightened it has become even more difficult to win at GT and it started before Dodd left the flats its one of the reasons he decided to retire. I have never heard anyone say he complained about the situation but he did ask that calculus not be required. I never heard public remarks by him about accademnics but I have told by a number of former players and a coach that privately he told them that He did not think TECH could reach the position it had with its football program in the 1950's.

Re: 3518techie, president of the valid excuses society

[ QUOTE ]
3518techie is the president of the valid excuse society. we here are unfortunately dealing with invalid excuses.

so please remember this in the future.

excuses made by 3518techie and the rest of his gang = valid.
excuses made by FOC'ers = invalid.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hitit.gif

Re: JJacket, President of the Flat Earth Soceity

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, all 119 D-1 schools have the same football budget and access to the same recruits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think we have the same budget and access to recruits that UGAg has?

No we don't.

Am I, or will I, use that as an excuse?

Nope.

I hope we beat the snot out of UGAg.

YLO, I feel that, barring a miracle, Boise will get their butts handed to them in Athens. UGAg is the best, biggest, fastest, and deepest team that they have ever played in the history of the school. I think we'd be second on that list were we to play them - and I am counting Louisville. They will have a nightmare on a hot southern day.

ur probably right JJ re: Boise State\'s chances

ur probably right.

i haven't seen who all Boise State returns from their great season last year.

UGAy though lost a lot. David Greene is hard to replace. he holds the NCAA record for most wins. They also lost a lot of leadership in Pollack. plus they will have their annual 1st game suspensions.

you're probably right though. it's probably wishful thinking on my part. but i do think boise state has a shot.

Re: ur probably right JJ re: Boise State\'s chances

returning players or not...last year Boise St gave up 34 to Oregon St., 31 to UTEP, 42 to Tulsa and 49 to San Jose St. Not exactly stellar offensive opponents there either.

UGA has far superior offensive talent compared with those teams even without Greene, Gibson and Brown.

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if that game was close.

Can you imagine what those Boise St. boys are going to be saying when they step off the bus into late August, Georgia heat? They'll be cramping like crazy.

UGAg needs for it to be about 90 degrees and humider (I'm a southerner) than hell.

I'd like to see Boise win, just as I'd like to see all of UGAgs opponents win against them, especially us.

If UGAg does happen to make it to our game unscathed, we'd better move the moon and the sun to beat them. BDS should fall in ruins before we lose. We'd better throw the kitchen sink at them. An undefeated UGAg season simply cannot ever happen again. They are the evil empire, we are the Jedi's.

JJ, I really like that comparison! Maybe we should have George P Burdell and Yoda get their heads together w/ CBD upstairs for some strategic and tactical planning!?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink1.gif

Back