"Tech Talking Title"

Re: If you think the 98 FSU game was close...

Here we go again, and again, and again....

Re: If you think the 98 FSU game was close...

76 - you're right....let's let this thread die....

Re: Were any of you at the FSU game in 1998???

Actually, Chow was at NCState at the time IIRC. But the point is, you're in love with this Peterson guy, but since he's still in Boise, what's his problem? Nobody else after him?

[ QUOTE ]
. . . . have always operated with the mentality that they are superior football people and anybody who disagrees with them is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Techie, if you take the above statement that you made about Gailey and his supporters and substitute the words “BuzzOff and its posters” on the dotted line, you will get the mission statement for that site.

[ QUOTE ]
Were any of you at the FSU game in 1998??? I was there. The score was 10-7 going into the 4th quarter. Hamilton got knocked out and the defense wore down.

[/ QUOTE ]
No Techie, I was not at the game but I watched it on TV. In fact, I taped it (just haven’t found the tape yet). You keep hammering this point that it was close going into the fourth quarter and Hamilton was knocked out of the game. However, for the life of me, all I remembered was how PO’ed I was at Tech during that entire game and couldn’t remember why. So, I decided to do some research today. Now I remember why I was so PO’ed.

First of all, I will give Techie credit. He was correct. It was close, 10-7, going into the fourth quarter and Hamilton was injured late in the game; however, Techie conviently leaves out quite a few facts along the way. But, as Paul Harvey says, “And now for the rest of the story”.

The closeness of this game was not due to the stellar play of Tech’s offense and defense, but mainly due to FSU’s miscues and them not clicking until the second half.

Tech’s only score came from its opening drive of 80 yards—Tech looked invincible. But FSU answered with its first score on its opening drive also. It’s interesting that both Tech and FSU had only one offensive possession in the first quarter. FSU then helped Tech keep the score close in the first half with three fumbles, 75 yards of penalties, several crucial dropped passes, and Rodney Williams’s three punts that averaged 56 yards that kept FSU on the ropes.

Now, here is where it gets ugly and Techie doesn’t want to remember. After Tech’s opening score, FSU allowed Tech to get into its territory only two more times for the rest of the game. Tech had six fumbles and lost three of them. Hamilton threw one interception and never completed a pass to Dez White before he was injured (just in case you don’t remember, White had set a Tech record the week before against UVA with six receptions for 243 yards). It’s also interesting, that after Godsey replaced Hamilton late in the game, he had more passing yardage than Hamilton with fewer completions (Hamilton was 8 for 14 with 1 interception for 56 yards and Godsey was 5 for 10 with no interceptions for 63 yards). By the way, Godsey did finally complete a pass to Dez White for 9 yards late in the fourth quarter (his only reception).

Even though this game was, as Techie likes to point out “close going into the fourth quarter”, I still consider it an embarrassing blow-out at home. If you want to continue to beat a dead horse, please make sure the horse is dead.

The "spin master" at work... All the excuses you put out there won't work if you put in Gailey's name instead of O'Leary. But, since you put in O'Leary's name in there, it's ok????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/withstupid.gif

And if you don't remember, the year after Fridge left GT, what kind of offense did O'Leary change us to? An outdated, obsolete offense. Hmmmmmm

GEETEELEE, the UGA game in 2004 was

hardly an endorsement for Gailey. Greene gets hurt. Tenuta makes Shockley look clueless. The entire 3rd qaurter is played on the UGA side of the field yet our only TD is on a 7 play 15 yard drive. We then suffer one of the most embarassing sequence of plays in Tech history at the end of the game. I did see the Hamilton/Ball thread on the Hive. Accountants go to jail for fudging numbers the way GoldenTornado did. Ball is barely over 50% in his career while Hamilton was at 60%. Also, Hamilton's first year with Friedgen was 1997. Watson was the OC in 1996.
NCJacket, it's a shame you are resorting to the taunts of a 12 year old. The people who nominate for the Frank Broyles award thought Petersen was one of the top 5 coordinators in the country. Of course, they don't know as much about football as a bunch of Gailey suck ups.
BeeGone: the FSU game in 1998 was competitive but FSU was the superior team. They played for the national championship. The game was a step in the right direction. We had been blown out in every game from 1993-1997. That home game was a lot better than 39-3 against a much weaker Clemson team in 2003. That game was 23-3 at the half and was never competitive.

Re: GEETEELEE, the UGA game in 2004 was

What taunts? Oh yea, that's right, 12 year olds on your block use the "Boise State" taunt against you.

BTW, Tenuta does not work in a vacuum. He is an integral part of our program, no doubt, but you discount the contributions of the other coaches by claiming that Tenuta somehow coaches on an island independent of them.

It might have been the same system, but I remember O'Leary stating that he wanted to run the ball more. Be more of a ball control offense.

[ QUOTE ]
BeeGone: the FSU game in 1998 was competitive but FSU was the superior team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Techie,

If you want to call the 1998 game against FSU competitive after Tech basically shot its wad after its first possesion, then so be it. We must respectfully agree to disagree. We can at least agree that FSU was the far superior team. Now I have a better idea of what your definition of "competitive" is. However, it's totally different from mine.

[ QUOTE ]
That home game was a lot better than 39-3 against a much weaker Clemson team in 2003. That game was 23-3 at the half and was never competitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, believe it or not, we can agree on something else. Miracles can happen!

I'd like to think most 12 year olds wouldn't know about Boise St. My point, since you don't seem to be able to get it, is that you decided some time ago - maybe 2 years? That Peterson is the solution to everything that ails us. You continue to beat that drum, even though there has never been any mention of his name in conjunction with Tech from anyone but you that I've ever seen. While I'm not saying there's anything wrong with him as a coach, it is curious that he's still OC at Boise. Fridge hung around so long because of his appearance and his gruff demeanor. So what's the deal with Peterson?

Using the Clemson game as a measure is a little unfair I think. Clemson plays a wide open aggressive offense oriented style and occassionally they are going to hit it just right. But they also are going to fail miserably just as often against lesser opponents. Check out their record and see if it falls in line with my argument.

I find it amazing just how often people reflect back to the bad losses. How about thinking positively and reflect back to the good wins?

[ QUOTE ]
Using the Clemson game as a measure is a little unfair I think. Clemson plays a wide open aggressive offense oriented style and occassionally they are going to hit it just right. But they also are going to fail miserably just as often against lesser opponents. Check out their record and see if it falls in line with my argument.

I find it amazing just how often people reflect back to the bad losses. How about thinking positively and reflect back to the good wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

They do think of the good wins.. They just give ALL the credit to Tenuta and NONE to CCG.

Petersen had a son with cancer

He's fine now. Maybe Tech could have been a possiblity with health care facilities like Emory. He's turned down numerous offers to leave Boise State. I know you don't believe me so here's a link:

Best OC in the WAC

Who's beating down the door to hire Nix? Northside High School. Nobody from the NFL is coming after Geis. After the Bilbo = Sterling Sharpe comparison, I don't think he's going to get hired on his personnel decision. Gailey's offense is only providing comic relief for our opponents.

Re: Petersen had a son with cancer

AHHH Yes, Boise State will "fly under the radar" by having their rears handed to them by the Dawgies. I'm sure you'll remember that one for later.

They'd "fly under the radar" a lot playing in the ACC or SEC.

Re: Petersen had a son with cancer

We're ranked 16th in their poll and listed as a BCS contender, Bosie State 32, so I suppose we are twice as good as Boise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

BTW, we play 4 teams in the top 25 - Miami and VT are National Championship contenders, according to Fox, and UGAg and Auburn are BCS contenders.

Fox Sports Link

Geography Lesson for JJacket

Boise is in Idaho about 2500 miles from the SEC. Boise State probably doesn't have half the budget of an average SEC or ACC school. Nor do they have the recruiting base. They compete very well against other teams in their situation. Also, Hawkins isn't gravy training another coach's defensive players and a DC who's only here because Gailey's guy had resume problems. It will be interesting to see if Boise State can score a first half TD against UGA. If they do that, that will be more than Gailey's done in 3 tries against UGA.

Re: Geography Lesson for JJacket

Excuse 1

[ QUOTE ]
Boise is in Idaho about 2500 miles from the SEC

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse 2

[ QUOTE ]
Boise State probably doesn't have half the budget of an average SEC or ACC school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse 3 - what situation? Having the top two minds in CFB?

[ QUOTE ]
They compete very well against other teams in their situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Hawkins isn't gravy training another coach's defensive players and a DC who's only here because Gailey's guy had resume problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawkins hasn't won any of those games from the past few seasons. All credit should go to Peterson. Sound familiar?

[ QUOTE ]
It will be interesting to see if Boise State can score a first half TD against UGA. If they do that, that will be more than Gailey's done in 3 tries against UGA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. interesting. But UGAg will blow them out of Sanford as we would stop them at BDS. We are a better team than Boise.

JJacket, President of the Flat Earth Soceity

Yeah, all 119 D-1 schools have the same football budget and access to the same recruits. By your brilliant logic Bobby Ross should have never gotten another job after the Citadel where he had a losing record. So what if it's a military academy. That's just an excuse. You may want to aim lower when it comes to Gailey and just settle for getting a lead against UGA. He hasn't even done that much yet.

Re: Geography Lesson for JJacket

Teckie, I will say this to you again And I do not care who disagrees with it. and it's in no way trying to prop CCG up
NO COACH AT GT SINCE 1956 HAS BEEN ABLE TO WIN CONSISTANTLY.That includes Dodd and GOL and any coach In between. No Coach has been able to put together anything more than up and down seasons. Dodd our greatest coach had one of the best runs in history his first 12 years but even he could not duplicate that his last 10 years on the flats.
His average was less than 7 wins a year. If we had been using the BO formula Dodd would never had the 6 winning seasons after 1960 because he would have been fired for destroying our STORIED program for averageing only 6 wins a season, By the way He was 10 -1 in 56 and 4-4-2 in 57, 5-4-1 in 58, 6-5 in 59 and 5-5 in 60. Also using the BO formula he would have been fired after the 1963 season because he could only average 7 wins a seasons 3 consecutive years and he beat the mutts only once after 56 and as great a coach as he was he only won 1 of the 4 bowl games they played after 56.

I am one of the OLD FASHION HATE group when it come to the mutts and since 56 we have averaged beating them 1 time every 10 years so beating up on CCG about the mutts is just more BO BS, no coach since DODD has a winning record against the the mutts.

NO COACH AT GT HAS BEEN ABLE TO WIN CONSISTANTLY SINCE 1956.

Back