Texas A&M too SEC ?

GTgrad86

Damn Good Rat
Texas A&M to SEC ?

I just heard Tex A&M too the SEC. Anyone else hearing this ?

Last edited:
it's a slow day i'd give him kudos for trying

i think it came out in July that the rumors resurfaced about A&M and Sooners moving to SEC because they're pissed about Longhorn Network

There is some breaking buzz out there today above and beyond the norm. Not that they're leaving right this minute, but that deals are being finalized for the move. Hopefully it'll turn into something.

I think A&M fans are just wrapped up in they're own little fantasies.

They are but who can blame them. Imagine if UGA had signed a 300 million dollar deal with ESPN for their own channel. And on top of that they were going to show high school games on it down the road.

They are but who can blame them. Imagine if UGA had signed a 300 million dollar deal with ESPN for their own channel. And on top of that they were going to show high school games on it down the road.

I find it more insulting that UGA is founding an engineering school.

Gentlemen.........it may have begun

:eekx3:

From the Aggie board...
Multiple sources in Texas tell me today that a deal to allow Texas A&M to join the SEC has been agreed to in principle. An additional source – unconfirmed at the moment but typically reliable – tells me all 12 conference members have voted unanimously to accept A&M into the league. Speculation out of Texas has the Aggies playing football in the SEC during the 2012 season, not in 2013 or 2014 as I first heard.
We’ll update as rumors are confirmed or denied. If this is all true, it tracks with information I was given late last week that a deal between Texas A&M and the SEC was imminent.
More later…
FOR THE RECORD: It needs to be understood that we are not journalists. Adam, Jeff, and I work on this blog part time, typically during lunch breaks and at night. Unless we specifically say otherwise, please understand that we are “talking out loud” as we track down stories and send/receive information from our sources and journalist friends.
UPDATE I: I have a second source with ties to Aggie administration officials that confirms the Aggies and the SEC have been discussing a contract for membership. No one is willing/able to confirm that the deal is complete, though

caryb.jpg

It has begun. In my pants.

What is neat about it? They basically dismissed GT and even Clemson as not being worthy to consider.

I tend to agree with them. I don't think that the SEC would have us....their loss.

Our future is with the Big 10 (TV market & academics) or with an expanded ACC.

A&M and Oklahoma to SEC would be good in my opinion because the SEC will keep their filthy hands off FSU and Clemson which might start the ACC dominoes.

And then the Big 12 becomes the new Big East, but they keep their bid thanks to ESPN's clout and the Longhorn network.

Texas in the NC game every other year? I bet they would love this.

Back