Texas A&M too SEC ?

I'm beginning to wonder how long before Vandy is dropped from the SEC. That's the only school that doesn't really belong there except as a whipping post. Maybe the SEC will drop Vandy to make room for Texas A&M thus ending the "expansion" talks (no, that is never going to happen, but everything is speculation at this point).
I have heard that Auburn may lose its accreditation and be kicked out of the SEC. I didn't take it serious but it may explain why they are only going after A&M.

The SEC needs Vandy to make it look academically respectable.

GT could help with this as well though I don't think that the conference cares too much about that.

I have said earlier that I think that a move to the SEC or Big Integer would be a good move for us, I absolutely hated it when we left the conference. But some have pointed out that it would be very difficult for us to compete on a regular basis in football but I would still like to see us there.

The guaranteed money would not be too bad either.

Ferst, Auburn is not going to lose its accreditation. Silly talk. If you think that is true, you don't understand politics. Secand, Vandy cannot be dropped from the SEC. This looks too be a move too 13 teams solely two put pressure on Texas and Oklahoma to join the SEC later.

Also, if their serious about moving to 16 teams, you don't sell a package two 4 teams too join. You get one at a time and let the dominos start too fall.

Ferst, Auburn is not going to lose its accreditation. Silly talk. If you think that is true, you don't understand politics. Secand, Vandy cannot be dropped from the SEC. This looks too be a move too 13 teams solely two put pressure on Texas and Oklahoma to join the SEC later.

Also, if their serious about moving to 16 teams, you don't sell a package two 4 teams too join. You get one at a time and let the dominos start too fall.

One wonders, though, even if TAMU joins the SEC whether Texas would feel any pressure to follow them, since they can probably make it as an independent.

Texas will never leave the Big 12. I think Texas might explode with joy if A&M and Oklahoma left the conference because there is no way ESPN lets the Big 12 lose their automatic bid with the Longhorn network going.

The Big 12 would go to 8 teams and Texas would be king. Undefeated seasons every other year and many national championship games.

GT could help with this as well though I don't think that the conference cares too much about that.

I have said earlier that I think that a move to the SEC or Big Integer would be a good move for us, I absolutely hated it when we left the conference. But some have pointed out that it would be very difficult for us to compete on a regular basis in football but I would still like to see us there.

The guaranteed money would not be too bad either.

Our recruiting would improve from playing in the SEC alone. In 2005 we slapped around an Auburn team that went 7-1 in SEC play, in 2005 when UGA crushed LSU for their second SEC championship under Richt, we held them to 14 points and should of beat them, in 2007 when UGA was on fire and the hottest team in the country we had some BS calls help cost us the game. LSU was ugly, but I think it was combination of some bad breaks, us being way too overconfident and them having a chip on their shoulder.

Our issues with UGA are mental and nothing else. I don't want to hear that crap that we couldn't compete in the SEC.

Texas will never leave the Big 12. I think Texas might explode with joy if A&M and Oklahoma left the conference because there is no way ESPN lets the Big 12 lose their automatic bid with the Longhorn network going.

The Big 12 would go to 8 teams and Texas would be king. Undefeated seasons every other year and many national championship games.

An 8 team conference won't get an AQ bid when 14/16 team conferences exist. Do away with the AQ bid for the demolished Big12 and have another at large. Texas can still make it as an independent.

Our recruiting would improve from playing in the SEC alone. In 2005 we slapped around an Auburn team that went 7-1 in SEC play, in 2005 when UGA crushed LSU for their second SEC championship under Richt, we held them to 14 points and should of beat them, in 2007 when UGA was on fire and the hottest team in the country we had some BS calls help cost us the game. LSU was ugly, but I think it was combination of some bad breaks, us being way too overconfident and them having a chip on their shoulder.

Our issues with UGA are mental and nothing else. I don't want to hear that crap that we couldn't compete in the SEC.
I agree with yu,its easier to recruit in my opinion ,a athlete that will be playing a Bama,LSU or Auburn rather than a Duke,Va or NCS.We may not be world beaters but I think we can play with most of them and besides being in the SEC would be so much better for our fans since its the premier conference in the nation.

Well sed, BOR. :biggthumpup:

And Killer B, maybe Texas and ND can join up and form a conference - northern division and southern division. They may even decide not to have a CCG.

Dream on. ESPN doesn't control Texas' automatic bid. And under current BCS rules, Texas would probably not get voted into the championship game if they aren't playing anyone relevant.

SEC takes A&M now. Waits awhile, offers Oklahoma... Oklahoma looks around and says ok and jumps. All of the sudden Texas is king of the short bus. Give them 5 years they will start losing significant relevance. SEC dangles offer to Texas to join. Texas does so.

An 8 team conference won't get an AQ bid when 14/16 team conferences exist. Do away with the AQ bid for the demolished Big12 and have another at large. Texas can still make it as an independent.

But they will. ESPN is financially invested in the Big 12 through the Longhorn network. And the BCS relies on ESPN for a huge amount of advertising, carrying games, etc. They would not let a Big 12 with Texas lose the bid. And because Texas knows this they will not leave.

Texas was manipulating the big 12 to make the competition weaker even last year. Nebraska leaving is exactly what Texas wanted. They want as many quality teams to leave as possible while still retaining the auto-bid. That would pave the way to undefeated seasons and national championships.

Dream on. ESPN doesn't control Texas' automatic bid. And under current BCS rules, Texas would probably not get voted into the championship game if they aren't playing anyone relevant.

SEC takes A&M now. Waits awhile, offers Oklahoma... Oklahoma looks around and says ok and jumps. All of the sudden Texas is king of the short bus. Give them 5 years they will start losing significant relevance. SEC dangles offer to Texas to join. Texas does so.

Will never happen. FSU did fine as the king of the short bus for a decade.

If you think ESPN, the most powerful force in sports doesn't have an influence on whether or not a conference gets an auto-bid you are dreaming.

If Texas is one of 2 undefeated teams they will play for the championship. And they will continue to have ridiculous recruiting because they are the king of the state and will still get incredible recruits.

I bet you Texas is crossing their fingers for Oklahoma to leave.

This is absolutely true and there is nothing anyone could do about it.

A&M is doing the right thing. They were always second fiddle to UT, and it was obviously going to get worse with the new TV deal. The only way to compete with UT literally selecting the recruits they want is to differentiate themselves. The SEC does that.

Honestly that is the only way for GT to compete mid term in football with Georgie. Different and subpar like the ACC isn't cutting it. Different like the Big10 is a different story.

The flaw BOR I think is that Texas will play Oklahoma and Texas A&M every year. No way those series get dropped. You disagree?

The top teams in a 14 team SEC West would be Oklahoma, Texas A&M, LSU and Bama(assuming bama stays west). Beating two makes your SOS formidable.

I just can't see a scenario where UT could squander the financial advantage they have to end up with inferior players and end up "irrelevant". If they wanted Saban for instance, they could pay 20 million a year, no?

And they will have an auto bid like ND if they were solo so no way the Big 8/12 loses their spot.

On a side note I assume the Big12 secured the rights for Big14 and Big16. Probably Big20 too.

All of the sudden Texas is king of the short bus. Give them 5 years they will start losing significant relevance. SEC dangles offer to Texas to join. Texas does so.

???

I'll be surprised if Texas ever joins the SEC. They would lose $$$ under the current scenario in doing so. Cannot see any of the SEC members agreeing to such uneven terms ($$$) that Texas gets now from the Big 12 (10). Even in a depleted Big 12 (10), they would still have a shot at a Nat'l title and get an automatic BCS bid--they could scrape together a few other teams from the Mtn. West/wherever and they would have a seat at the table.

Texas has a multi-decade contract w/their own network, not too mention the additional cross-promotion that will be coming from ESPN.

In addition, Texas views itself as a cut above the academics in the SEC and is a member of the AAU. I could see a move down the road to the Big 10 or PAC-10/12, but not the SEC.

They SEC needs Texas in order to dramatically shift the TV dollars upward for everyone in the conference--Texas doesn't need the SEC.

Back