Thacker still DC

It really undermines the narrative that Collins is betting on himself to step in and be DC while Thacker was demoted. I'm shocked that KQ was wrong about that.

I dunno. I think Collins will be as involved as possible, but Thacker is gonna keep the title, I guess. It's going to be Collins' defense, whoever's name is on it.

I dunno. I think Collins will be as involved as possible, but Thacker is gonna keep the title, I guess. It's going to be Collins' defense, whoever's name is on it.
Would we really waste a slot on the staff for a guy who is DC in title only? Hopefully he's moved to ST coordinator. I'd be happy to eat that crow.

The point is the same in both directions, too much pessimism is bad, too much optimism is bad....realism is good. Far too many people on this board too distanced from reality.
I don’t disagree, but the Titanic was a very poor metaphor.

Probably the only DC in college football that doesn’t have position responsibilities. Un ööööing believable

I will ask again, if you were trying to suck on purpose, what would you do different?
I dunno. Maybe go an entire year with an all-time embarrassing field goal / extra point team worse than most high schools. Maybe base my decisions on whether to go for it on 4th down on crowd reactions. Maybe fail to lock down my only really top notch player and 4 star recruit and watch him walk away to a factory. Maybe tell the fanbase I don't give a öööö what they think.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

giphy(3).gif

Collins lied. Flat out.
He said what we wanted to hear, but couldn't find an available DC who wanted to join the dumpster fire.
His only chance was to pull a Harbaugh and take a pay cut to increase other salaries, but he is too egotistical (and/or lost) that he didn't.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the absurdity of this and just can't come up with a reason to keep Thacker as DC.

I'm guessing he wants us to go 0-12 next year, even losing the game to Western Carolina as a revenge for the one win we had against him before. (GC was an assistant at WCU in 1994). We've already lost to one of his previous schools (Temple) in an embarrassment, why not add another?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the absurdity of this and just can't come up with a reason to keep Thacker as DC.

I'm guessing he wants us to go 0-12 next year, even losing the game to Western Carolina as a revenge for the one win we had against him before. (GC was an assistant at WCU in 1994). We've already lost to one of his previous schools (Temple) in an embarrassment, why not add another?
So, who’s alt are you?

I'll take whatever bricks I have to take for this but what if Thacker turns out to be the next Venables?

Not saying he is but our entire athletic department just hitched their wagon to this guy. Let's see what he can do.

When a bold move is backed up with chips, I have a bit more respect for it. Pretty sure I don't have to explain that.

I'll take whatever bricks I have to take for this but what if Thacker turns out to be the next Venables?

Not saying he is but our entire athletic department just hitched their wagon to this guy. Let's see what he can do.

When a bold move is backed up with chips, I have a bit more respect for it. Pretty sure I don't have to explain that.
I hope you are right. I think the odds are slim. Collins wins either way.

Back