The Brent Key Era

I can see doing it if he's on a short contractual leash with a lot of incentives, and the real $$$ is spent on coordinators. It worked with Dabo, who was not a terribly great WR coach.

I think our chances are much better if we can land Deion, but I don't think Deion will leave JSU. And the boosters support Key. So at this point I'm just hoping his contract is structured for success.

I can see doing it if he's on a short contractual leash with a lot of incentives, and the real $$$ is spent on coordinators. It worked with Dabo, who was not a terribly great WR coach.

I think our chances are much better if we can land Deion, but I don't think Deion will leave JSU. And the boosters support Key. So at this point I'm just hoping his contract is structured for success.
Deion will leave JS. Don't know if he would come here but he said in an interview that he talked to a P5 team and they were ready to hire him but he couldn't start when they wanted him to so they went a different direction and he stayed at JS.

Deion will leave JS. Don't know if he would come here but he said in an interview that he talked to a P5 team and they were ready to hire him but he couldn't start when they wanted him to so they went a different direction and he stayed at JS.

Well I hope you're right. Key can interview for the OL job under Deion, then. See if he can convince Prime Time that he was held back. It is worth remembering Saban offered Key a raise to stay.

Well I hope you're right. Key can interview for the OL job under Deion, then. See if he can convince Prime Time that he was held back. It is worth remembering Saban offered Key a raise to stay.
Saban said he offered Key more money & he left anyway?

There is a theory that Key has been sabotaging the OL this whole time to submarine Collins so he could step into the HC job once the roster was flipped. It is similar to how his mentor George O'Leary gave Coach Lewis just enough defense to get lLeswis fired so he could be promoted to HC.

There is a theory that Key has been sabotaging the OL this whole time to submarine Collins so he could step into the HC job once the roster was flipped. It is similar to how his mentor George O'Leary gave Coach Lewis just enough defense to get lLeswis fired so he could be promoted to HC.
O’Leary was interim HC and had to interview while the search committee did their due diligence. He wasn’t just handed the job, although he did have an inside track.

Lewis didn’t need any help screwing up, nor did Collins.

My theory on Key is he was handed a list of parameters and wasn’t allowed to do what needed doing.

I hope he does better than Tenuta as HC and has the same winning % as Mac McWhorter

Speaking of which, Tenuta needs a job....think he'd be considered for a LB coach?

No way a line could play that poorly, then Key simply flip a switch and them be good. Only if the better players weren’t being given reps would that be the case.

No way a line could play that poorly, then Key simply flip a switch and them be good. Only if the better players weren’t being given reps would that be the case.

Of course not. It would talke at least a full cycle of spring & fall practice to get them back on track.

Back