The BYU game

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Greetings Teckies, was just curious about your feelings about the upcoming BYU game and wondering what to expect from your team. We look forward to playing you in Provo this year.

Well, YOU MY BOY BLUE!!! sorry could not resist
tongue.gif
we will run the ball alot and beat ya'll 27-21
drinking.gif

We would like nothing better than your boys trying to run the ball all day. Hope you got lots of running backs to do it because historically flat lander teams seem to quit late third quarter in Provo. We are rebuilding and have a new defensive coach so this shouldn't be a typical BYU team however GT appears to be one of our weaker opponents early in the season. If we dont win this one it will be a long season.

Originally posted by byublue:
We would like nothing better than your boys trying to run the ball all day. Hope you got lots of running backs to do it because historically flat lander teams seem to quit late third quarter in Provo. We are rebuilding and have a new defensive coach so this shouldn't be a typical BYU team however GT appears to be one of our weaker opponents early in the season. If we dont win this one it will be a long season.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">We'll be plenty fit compared to your other flat landers since we train in southern 90 degree heat and 90% humidity. We may enjoy the air conditioning.

pat.gif
We would like nothing better than your boys trying to run the ball all day. Hope you got lots of running backs to do it because historically flat lander teams seem to quit late third quarter in Provo.

have you ever tried to breathe in Ga. on a hot August day?
grin.gif
drinking.gif

Well, Mr. Blue, BYU appears to one of OUR weaker opponents, so it should be an interesting match-up.
And yes, we are loaded at the offensive line and at running back!

good then perhaps the game will be a little closer than I think. I just hope neither side have any serious injuries, we certainly dont have the depth to fill the gaps.

If you guys can handle the altitude we win by 7. If you roll over and die we win by 15. Could be more but BYU will not run up the score.

I'm sure that you have heard the off-season problems that hurt us especially on defense....We will need a couple of freshmen to step it up.
Unfortunately, we don't have Tony Hollings to shoot holes all over your defense like last year, but we do have others that are capable.
Wish I could be there. I'd love to see a game out there....
I have a good friend who was Jim McMahon's back up and transferred after Steve Young got the nod...He loved his time there.

How is your defensive secondary? Hopefully you are weak there. That is our soft spot but then it always is.

GT appears to be one of our weaker opponents early in the season. If we dont win this one it will be a long season.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ditto here but replace BYU for GT.

Playing at BYU will be a very tough opening game for us. We have so many questions that we honestly don't know what to expect. Especially offensively. I have a feeling Chan will try to run a lot this year, but I don't know who is going to carry the mail. BYU is a bad early season match up because we return only 1 starter in the secondary and BYU will throw it all over the field.

If we didn't traditionally play solid in openers I'd say we're likely to get drilled. But you never know, I think its possible for Tech to pull it out.

BYU is coming off its worst season in modern history but when one matches up athlete for athlete BYU should win soley on more talent.

Wow! Ya'll have got more talent than us and will beat us by 15? Damn, I was hoping for a good year from our boys but now I may not even watch a single game!

RALLY THE TROOPS CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well let's see, if ya'll were in the ACC you would have less talent than FSU, NCST, UVA, Clemson and less coaching the Marland. Of course ya'll would be us, WF, Duke, and NC hands down!

Ill tell the boys on friday that BYU thinks when matched up man to man they are more athletic than we are. Should go over well.

Hardly, with the exception of FSU we can run with any of those teams. Heck VA. was a cakewalk last time we played them.

Historically BYU many more athletes than GT and this year is no different. When yu think of GT players in the NFL you think of Herschel Walker and Boss Bailey but who else. BYU's lineage goes on and on.

byublue, you've made a total of 8 posts. your first few were good posts, although calling tech fans "tekkies" on their own board doesn't usually show that you have any class so that was a giveaway.

after making a cpl of posts, the rest of your 4 to 6 posts have become smack talk where you have started trashing our team, our conference as well as our schedule.

this board is for tech fans and while we do have a few rival fonts, we don't tolerate smack talk on this board.

you might be able to find a few other boards to visit if all you want to do is talk smack. this board is not one of them.

Back